Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mario Kart Wii

Zechs Merquise

Just tried worldwide racing rather than continenal and amazingly still no lag - was gonna join martinist but he must have left!

Anyway ended up against a load of Japs using there mii's and I came first!

139 points to me yes!

Amazing amazing game - flameboy change your mind and buy it - Single player is a bit meh but online is incredible.

for the ones who have the game:

Is the wii wheel(or remote) working or would you prefer an analoge stick?

The wheel is working well IMO but i higly prefer the analogue stick.

At the moment I'm addicted to Time trails. NOW that is one thing Nintendo has done completely right :)

Mario Kart is gonna rock! :heh:

Unfortunately, 'bam got another text from GAME this morning to say that they had made a mistake and that it would indeed be friday that this could be collected :hmm:

..it's a bit frustrating they gave us false hope, but I'm working today anyway so it doesn't make that much difference in reality :heh:

Does it have points tally when online?

Yup. you start at 5000 points and loose / gain points depending on your position.

it realy looks like all stores have a very limited amount of games. several stores ordered even more than 100 and only get like 20 or so! (what is going on here nintendo?)

Our small store got around 50.

After the big disappointment which is multiplayer, my biggest complain with this game is the Random/unbalanced items. Yes I know Mario kart has always been like this. But today I won to races just because I got two stars in a row before goal and another time cause i got the overpowered bullet bill. It's still a lot fun, but any game where random items and not skill is the defining winning factor is a bit meh in the long run.

When playing single player I'm always in the lead but then get about 5 blue shells sent my way.

But as I said before. Time trails are perfect :)

Guest Stefkov
Mines not here! Great! I wanna go out...:(

Mine's not either. I hope it comes today, this weekend I'm working nearly all of it :(

Meh... I don't care about the unbalanced items complaints etc, it's the way Mario Kart has always been and always will be, it's part of the challenge of trying to win a race IMO, some power-ups that are used against you can be dodged / deflected, others can't then theres the element of luck...

Basically the challenge is being able to win despite the unpredictable nature of the way each race plays out but above all for the most part it doesn't matter if you come 1st, 3rd or 12th cos it's so damn fun.

... though it's stilll nicer to win. :heh: