Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mario Kart Wii

Zechs Merquise

That's not what he said :\

He said that the critic you gave Mario Kart (Being the same thing as the other games) is too GTA 4 too ;)

No i didn't critisise to mario kart that was another poster.

I could be wrong but from what I gathered he was comparing the lack of originality in mario kart titles to the lack of originality in gta titles.

Plus this is really the same Mario Kart we have always been playing nothing majorly new to make it a must buy

then

Says someone buying GTA IV...The irony's off the charts

I should have expanded my opost a little here..Plenty had changed in gt4 compared to the other versions..Multiplayer modes,different characters and hell even graphics.Even mario kart has recycled some tracks and barely any difference in graphical style..

..Of course the games can't be compared that's why i said"i can't believe i'm comparing them" but if you wanna be smart about it ...:)

I just hope they will add the GP multiplayer and improve the other offline multiplayer as well before the game gets released because otherwise the game isn't nearly as interesting anymore (especially if I think about that i nearly never play games online)...

Day1: THIS LOOKS LIKE SHIT!

Day2: THIS LOOKS AWESOME

Day3: OMG what crap!

Day4: Holy Shit can't wait!

rinse and repeat

Something like that, yeah..... :)

I can honestly put my hands up and say that this game has made me react exactly what you've just put! I always look forward to a new Mario Kart, the first screens shown, were shite, and now it looks amazing! I was hyped for the game and still am, BUT the lack of 2 player GP (As i'm not a huge fan of online games) has slightly annoyed me!

It still be a amazingly good game though!

Because you'll be too busy sleeping after half n hour?

Says someone buying GTA IV...The irony's off the charts

I'd say the irony of the fanboy is far stronger... I'd say that GTA IV seems to be adding far more to its series than Mario Kart has...I've been bored of GTA titles long before completing them and have thought they are way over rated but GTA IV looks to be making improvements and changes in the right places. Mario Kart however only seems like a light step forward...

you know very well that gta4 will be better than mario kart.

I can't believe i'm even comparing them.

I didn't mean for them to be compared in gameplay terms etc... just that their release so close to each other means they will be competing for the money of multi console owners...

It's a fair comparison flameboy. As a multiconsole owner the only one I'm getting is Mario Kart.

I think a Halo will happen, GTAIV will sell more in the short term, but Mazzkart will prove have longer and better legs. Or I could be wrong and GTA destroy every god damn record under the sun!!!

It's a fair comparison flameboy. As a multiconsole owner the only one I'm getting is Mario Kart.

I think a Halo will happen, GTAIV will sell more in the short term, but Mazzkart will prove have longer and better legs. Or I could be wrong and GTA destroy every god damn record under the sun!!!

I'm not gonna argue with that which is why for now I can leave Mario Kart...

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I saw this yesterday and there was plenty in it to get me excited. I'm actually liking the inclusion of tricks as they'll just add a little bit more to the game.. but most of all, I thought it was great to see Mario Circuit and Sherbet Land again from Mario Kart 64 and hear the music.

It just brings back some great memories, as does Battle Course 4 from the SNES version (not in the video)

Don't panic until you play it.. I think there's gonna be a lot of fun to be had :yay: ..I feel this and Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 will be great additions to my Wii collection and both will provide new ways to play franchises that have been around for a long time..

I must be one of a small few actually excited to play with the steering wheel as I want to test my skills a different way: it will probably be harder to be really good with it, so I look forward to the practice :heh: I regret not playing Super Mario 64 DS with the stylus and jumping etc. with the D-Pad. I tried it once when I first got it, but due to it feeling difficult I used the D-Pad. However, when I think back I think to myself that maybe if I have kept persevering with it I could have adapted to it and found a lot of fun in playing the game a totally different way..

EDIT: Also, sorry again if this has been answered, but considering the number of people who have been concerned with multiplayer, here is a video. Although it doesn't confirm nor rule out a multiplayer GP, it clearly shows a 4-Player Split-Screen race involving an additional 8 computer opponents..

This is starting to sound like a really rushed game...

i agree

this should have gotten the same dev time as smash bros..They both sell as well I would say. I know fanboys love smash more but I know from where i live everyone is more looking forward to mario kart.

seems rushed.

From what I know the 4 player splitscreen is VS plus CPUs (as you can add CPUs now to VS). You could say it more or less is GP but e.g. from what I read you can only play single tracks that way and no whole GPs. Not to mention that you wouldn't really play them coop (as this is VS).

Also I believe to have read that the coop GP is indeed possible BUT only online.

I guess we will see after the release....

I listened to the Wii-k in Review (yes... I'm still calling it that... for now :heh:) and everything that was mentioned made Mario Kart sound pretty bad :hmm:

Whilst IGN haven't got a final copy and have not been able to take Mario Kart Wii online, they say that the GP is now a 1-Player experience which, to me, is insane, especially considering they allow you to play a full grid in the VS game. What is there for Nintendo to not allow a 4-Player GP.. I've been craving that since the N64 :hmm:

As for the battle mode, what is with only playing in teams? Sounds like Mario Kart 64's Battle Mode has nothing to worry about here.. but I'm trying not to be too pessimistic now as I know I'm still gonna get a lot of fun out of this game.. yet, I can't help feeling that it won't be all that it could be.

i agree

this should have gotten the same dev time as smash bros..They both sell as well I would say. I know fanboys love smash more but I know from where i live everyone is more looking forward to mario kart.

seems rushed.

What's your info on the development time of this game? All we know is that it was made public later than Brawl. Big difference there.