N-Europe

Mario Kart Wii

Zechs Merquise

Same sort of people who use Action Replays to get perfect teams of lvl 100 Pokémon. Surely there's no pleasure in it at all?

Yeah they need to add cheat protection. Its an issue in all online games patching ussualy keeps tabs.

I think that Nintendo should maybe offer an alternative to homebrew, such as XNA, because it just leads to people misusing it. You and your DS flash card, for example. ;)

Exactly, I don't want to ruin anyone's fun, and I certainly don't want to harm a healthy community of people who do a lot of good stuff, but homebrew in it's current form is actually ruining for many what we got our Wiis for - playing the games!

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

One of the common complaints about Mario Kart Wii is the issue of cheats and hacked players - according to the UKs Nintendo Service Centre, Nintendo are on the case - it doesn't explain how they do it, but they seem to have a way of issuing bans.

Thank you for your email.

Regarding your enquiry, we actually do ban those users who breach the terms and conditions of the WiFi connection service. Our effort is to create as fair and pleasant environment as possible. This is a “two pronged†approach – we are responding to both reports from users, and placing checks on the infastructure which can detect users who are using those cheats automatically. As you can appreciate, this is quite a vast undertaking and something that will be an ongoing effort for us.

Jonathan

Nintendo Service Centre

So there we have it.

I just got this game today. And even though I believed to be amazing at the others, I'm utter rubbish at this one. Woo.

I don't get how anyone can use the wheel with any comfort.

Concerning the above post, I didn't see anyone hacking the game on my 6 or so online races.

But maybe that was because I was so far behind...

Concerning the above post, I didn't see anyone hacking the game on my 6 or so online races.

But maybe that was because I was so far behind...

That's the reason why you were so far behind. :wink:

Playing MK Wii with the remote + nunchuk, classic controller or Wavebird pales in comparison to using the wheel.

I love the wheel now i'm used to it.

I'd definitely recommend persevering with it STOOPID :)

No no no. While you and others like Retro may take to the wheel like "a duck to water".

I'm more of a duck on fire.

Saying that, I've just stuck in ExciteTruck and considering the only control method is to play with the Wiimote sideways I decided to stick the wheel on.

The game feels even better to handle now! I suggest giving this game a spin with the wheel if you have it.

Maybe this will help with my Mario Kart disability...

• 8 years later...

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread but this has just been announced for  the Nvidia Shield in China, which wouldn't be too noteworthy on its own but it is being released with its online functionality in tact despite the original Wii games servers being long switched off. 

Although we're not likely to get the game on Shield over here it bodes well for any future virtual console release being playable online.

Edited by killthenet
  • Like 3