NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

I may be in the minority, but I find the Wheel control awful. I really hate it atm, but I may learn to like it in time.

Also the few tracks I've been on are extremely wide, like twice as wide as DD. The Retro tracks have also been widened to compensate for the 12 players - Delfino Square just isn't the same. Atm, i'm dissapointed...

People need to search threads >_>

Not when people can play Mario Kart, they don't. :wink:

It is terribly addictive. The last time I was so hooked on a Mario Kart-game was the original Super Mario Kart.

So what's this like then guys? Good old Mario Kart? or is it disappointing? Also what are the graphics like and does it run in full widescreen?

Oh! Lastly what is the Nunchuck control scheme like?

Personally, I think it's good ol' Mario Kart. The graphics are good. It oozes charm (moreso than MK-DD), but it won't set you tele alight. It's good, nothing more or less. A butterysmooth 60fps, though! Can't check right now for full-widescreen.

Nunchuck works very well: my second favourite control option actually (first being wheel):

A: accelerate

B: hop'n slide

Z: item

C: look behind

Swing Wii-remote: stunts and wheelie with bikes.

I prefer the nunchuk rather than Classic Controller or GC-pad, but that's an opinion that's bound to be trashed soon.

Anyhoo, a little tour d'histoire about the degeneration of MK-boxarts.

Super Mario Kart: classic and charming

Supermariokart_box.jpg

Mario Kart 64: looks speedy!

737_b.jpg

Mario Kart Super Circuit: basic, but it has colour

mario_kart.jpg

Mario Kart DD: not that bad, but feels tame compared to e.g. MK64

mkdd_boxart.jpg

Mario Kart DS: forgot the background

boxart_us_mario-kart-ds(2).jpg

Mario Kart Wii: forgot the karts

MKWiiBoxart.jpg

Getting this game tomorrow. Cannot wait. It looks awesome. All I can say is that I'd be playing it right now.

The CPU is starting to annoy me now...its item item item item item

All at once

Over a hole

1st to 12th in 5 seconds with a massive gap between me and them

I would tell people to get this just for the online experience. It really is a very good system.

Was playing in worldwide mode just now, and then I see PigMarcher in the race with me. I do love how you can join friends in races like that without it having to be friends only. Was having a blast too. It['s also so additive, has that great 'just one more race' appeal to it.

one of the best games ever :) possibly best mario kart ever :)

awsome awsome game, only thing i dont like is that you cant have 2 player GP s :(

can you race online with differnt people with freinds? at the same time , or just exclusive freinds races?

how do you do the add freind code messege board thing with current registerd wii numbers?

anyway happy MARIO KART Wiiiiiiii day, wahooooooo

So my mother is going to Tesco in an hour, I've asked her to get a DVD lens cleaner because my Wii decided not to play brawl anymore after taking it to my firends house (it was working flawlessly).

If I told her to get MK, would she be able to get a refund if she took it back?

It sort of seems a cheeky way to rent something without paying.

Nunchuck works very well: my second favourite control option actually (first being wheel):

A: accelerate

B: hop'n slide

Z: item

C: look behind

Swing Wii-remote: stunts and wheelie with bikes.

Can you hop and slide in this game?

Great game, really enjoying using the wheel and have had no problems with it im glad to say :) i'll try the nunchuck soon but online is taking all my time up :awesome:

oh... anyone know if you can boost out of a slide? i've yet to find a way.

OK stupid question but how do you set the controller mode to GC controller?

Plug the GC Controller in

Plug the GC Controller in

Yeah I did that but it wasn't working.

Just figured it out though, at the first screen where it says Press the A Button, you've got to press the A button on the GC controller.

*jackster = stupid*

:awesome:

...and press A with the controller at the title screen.

edit: Never mind, I see you've figured it out.

I'm loving the game so far. I couldn't get used to the wheel, so I switched to the ol' GC controller.

I'm so jealous of you guys. Just got home to find that the postie tried to deliver it whilst I was at work. I've now got to wait until tomorrow morning to pick it up. Oh well, at least it won't distract me from the work I need to do this afternoon and I'll have another evening of PES before it makes way for Mario Kart. Played a few games of MK DS this morning to get me in the mood.

Was playing in worldwide mode just now, and then I see PigMarcher in the race with me. I do love how you can join friends in races like that without it having to be friends only.

Definately agree with that , online implementation is perfect.

As for our races , shortly after you left I had to bail as the room suddenly got filled with Japanese players and I was struggling even more than I was previously.

So my mother is going to Tesco in an hour, I've asked her to get a DVD lens cleaner because my Wii decided not to play brawl anymore after taking it to my firends house (it was working flawlessly).
The Wii doesn't play DVDs or CDs, so a lens cleaner isn't going to do its work on Wii...

Played it for a bit, and it's quite nice. Nothing earth shattering, but it's a nice evolution.

The Wii doesn't play DVDs or CDs, so a lens cleaner isn't going to do its work on Wii...

Played it for a bit, and it's quite nice. Nothing earth shattering, but it's a nice evolution.

It doesn't play DVD's but people say that this works well on the Wii. Hoping it solves the issue, but Im not too optimistic atm.

Wow... sounds like the online has actually been done really well. Shame some people seem to be struggling with the wheel.

The wheel is better than I thought. I thought it would feel flimsy and tacked on but i's pretty good.

And I don't think you can take games back anywhere when you play them now dwarf, could be wrong though.

The wheel is better than I thought. I thought it would feel flimsy and tacked on but i's pretty good.

And I don't think you can take games back anywhere when you play them now dwarf, could be wrong though.

Maybe from Tesco, but don't GAME and Gamestation have a 7 day return policy still?

I don't mind too much.

I still can't bring myself to justify buying this. I'm just as well playing MK:DS. I don't really care about bikes, the new courses apparently aren't that great, online I don't really use that much, and no 2 player GP's is criminal.

Someone change my mind?