NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

I played the Mairo Kart arcade game in America,pretty fun but I wasn't a fan of the items so I don't really want those in but then again Namco-Bandai developed it with them so hopefully won't see them :heh:

I hope the items don't mean the racing skill is less important in this one.

Why don't they use toon-shading that Zelda Wind Waker started with and that we now see in Simpsons game and Team Fortress 2?

Why?

Are the different Nintendo subdivisions not sharing experiences, insights, ideas with each other?

Why does Mario Kart Wii more or less just look like Double Dash but with a higher tempo and slightly better graphics?

I'm.. not angry, but I am confuzed... dazed and confuzed.. just like led zeppelin.. bye

i doubt ill be picking this up to be honest didnt enjoy double dash and this seems like more of the same..

hope in the future im proven wrong and this is faster etc but from the clip im dissappointed

i doubt ill be picking this up to be honest didnt enjoy double dash and this seems like more of the same..

hope in the future im proven wrong and this is faster etc but from the clip im dissappointed

Asides from the same style it doesn't look like DD at all.

Even if it were I had no problem cause I loved it, but there's no reason to think it's like DD.

Asides from the same style it doesn't look like DD at all.

Even if it were I had no problem cause I loved it, but there's no reason to think it's like DD.

no, but still irritating with the goofy karts though :P

no I'm sorry, hey maybe that's what kids like, maybe it adds another dimension to the kart racing that I just haven't understood (aesthetics, aesthetics, aesthetics...)

it's probably great, it probably plays a lot like the ds game which I haven't played, but that's apparently nice...

i want a lot of tight turns and that the racing track is thin just like the snes version is...

i really can't understand why people are giving this a hard time. When has there ever been a BAD mario kart?

i really can't understand why people are giving this a hard time. When has there ever been a BAD mario kart?

Apparently, DD. Personally, I thought it was the best game in the series, because it saved the series from being more of the same.

Woah. Now I just disagree with you ENTIRELY. The new Mario Kart looks more like MK: 64 or MK: DS than MK: DD.

Apparently, DD. Personally, I thought it was the best game in the series, because it saved the series from being more of the same.

Please Double Dash was shit because it has the shittest tracks of the series, it was slow as hell and nobody cared about the fact that two people could control the two racers on one Kart because it added nothing to the gameplay, it just divided driving and throwing weapons in half and was executed in a very unimagined way.

I thought Double Dash was brilliant personally.

Seconded, I loved it, and the fact 1 person could do weapons and one drive aswell.

DD was the one i disliked the most between the MK64, DD and the DS one. I'm not sure why but there's something wrong in DD. Maybe the tracks... i don't know.

But it was still lots of fun with 4 players.

Double Dash was quality, but wasn't the best Mario Kart. I thought the tracks were a bit....meh, a lot of the time. This looks awesome though.

I think the courses in Double Dash!! range from brilliant to rubbish. It's a really mixed bag.

Double Dash wasn't really shit but it wasn't great for a Mario Kart. I played the hell out of it, but I think all previous editions topped it. The double driver idea didn't work, luck was too big a factor in MP (hope this one is as balanced as DS) the game was slightly too slow and a lot of tracks were bland.

They've got some things too make up for in this game. Personally I'm quite glad they reused Double Dash's style as it was perfect for a Mario Kart game.

I liked the style that DD had, so thankfully it looks like it is staying in the new MK. Hopefully, this version of MK won't be so bland like DD was, but more fun like MK-DS was.

luck was too big a factor in MP

At least it wasn't as bad as luck in MK64....last time I player it I won 18 out of 20 races because I was the worst player. Just that I wasn't far behind and got the lightning half way through the final lap every single race.

i think its more like the namco arcade.

pic_mariokrt_4.jpg

:laughing: How Bowser is able to drive through those gaps without the wheels getting caught in the gap i'll never know...

The main problems with DD were that there were no real shortcuts on many of the tracks (nothing like the beach jump or Star tunnel from MK64) and you couldn't really head 'off-track' much at all.

The jump was missing which made it feel a bit crap and if you managed to fuck your opponents up on a big jump, for instance, they got put back on instead of havin to go round again etc, this made it all a bit too 'nice'.

I think DD is just too 'kiddie' really.

MK DS is far superior.

DD was disappointing on the highest level possible and was the starting point for my love of Nintendo dying.

DD killed my gaming love.

Double Dash is bullshit end of

Yes your opinion is God's truth :indeed:

I loved DD, most people hardly gave it any time. For example I never had more fun in multiplayer than in DD, not even on the DS one. The Shine and Bomb mode were brilliant and the 2 player per kart was very fun in multiplayer. Most people played a little 50cc and never gave it any second thought. Not saying it didn't have problems, some tracks sucked and the driving was very loose.

pic_mariokrt_4.jpg

:laughing: How Bowser is able to drive through those gaps without the wheels getting caught in the gap i'll never know...

Glass floor, perhaps?

Double Dash is the weakest link in the MK series, without a doubt. I don't think many can argue otherwise. It has some dudd tracks, and the two-racer mechanic just seems gimicky :shakehead . That said, I still find it enjoyable and thoroughly entertaining - and thats what counts :yay: . Just because its the worst in the series, doesn't necessarily mean its the worse game ever.

Double Dash is the weakest link in the MK series, without a doubt. I don't think many can argue otherwise. It has some dudd tracks, and the two-racer mechanic just seems gimicky :shakehead . That said, I still find it enjoyable and thoroughly entertaining - and thats what counts :yay: . Just because its the worst in the series, doesn't necessarily mean its the worse game ever.

I have to say I prefer it to the SNES version, as great as it was back then, the tracks are way too messy and hard to tell where you're going. Asides from that, yeah it's probably the worse, but it's by no means a shit game.

i dint like the GBA vertion but it still was a good game. and this game wil be as great as ever!