NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

I have to say I prefer it to the SNES version, as great as it was back then, the tracks are way too messy and hard to tell where you're going. Asides from that, yeah it's probably the worse, but it's by no means a shit game.

I'd say MK64 was the worst, DD had the extra modes, the gimicky mechanic that worked at changing how you played it. MK DS is without a doubt the best mario kart game yet made.

Seriously, what is with this looking like a gamecubed version of MKDS? The tracks from the announcement vid were from the DS game. Least Yoshi Falls i instantly recognised.

As the debate has raged on here to whether DD is good or poor, I went back and played it again today, on the all cup challenge.

All I can say is WOW! It's sooo fun, the graphics are great and the tracks are truly inspired. I loved them all. It's frantic and fun.

To be honest, it's a real gem, the only downside was that it wasn't online so I never got to really explore the multi-player.

Seriously, what is with this looking like a gamecubed version of MKDS? The tracks from the announcement vid were from the DS game. Least Yoshi Falls i instantly recognised.

They also show a brand new version of Mario Circuit and a new track called Wario's Mines.

So, this'll probably have some "classic" tracks, too (hopefully just from 64, DD and DS)

I thought MK64 was the worst of the lot. This is probably due to me being in love with Diddy Kong Racings single player mode which was vastly superior to MK64s.

I thought MK64 was the worst of the lot. This is probably due to me being in love with Diddy Kong Racings single player mode which was vastly superior to MK64s.

Yea. Same with the DS version, too. And the GBA version was beaten my Konami's effort.

Main problem with DD was the cheating CPU, and the unbalanced power ups. Good game otherwise. MKDS is much better mind.

I would like to see more than the track count they had on DS, mostly playable online, greatly expanded online component, 8 player online incl battle mode(which i think got confirmed). MKDS is the near perfect mario kart game that i love very much. The controls were absolutely perfect and the computer wasn't cheap like in previous versions.

The thing about MK DD is that it feels loose, kinda rubber bandy to play. It's a really good game, and has some really great courses. I like the donkey kong mountain one and the toad trafficy one :D

Main problem with DD was the cheating CPU, and the unbalanced power ups. Good game otherwise. MKDS is much better mind.

Well, I did notice the cheating CPU, they were right bastards. Being playing F-ZERO too, they really compliment each other.

F Zero GX is the shit. Hard game though. Took me years to get around to beating it.

I was just thinking about picking up F-Zero GX again, it's currently above my tv. Playing the original has whetted my appetite for fast futuristic racers. I just hate the story mode :(

I really didn't like F-Zero GX. I started and there was a story and I was like WTF...

The N64 version was great, pick it up. Go on that death match type one, choose the black bull guy. Destroy all the other cars.

Endless fun.

i thought f-zero gx was an amazing game once you got into it, but like stefkov, wasnt a fan of the story mode. it was a pain in the arse.. and some of the challenges were evil! Its a difficult game to dip into after a while of not playing it due to the crazy speed etc. its the flip side of mario kart.

GX isnt even near a real F-zero its more like wipe out. F-zero X for me.

BUT LETS GET BACK TO TOPIC

What would be best for mario kart? i think 16 players max and 8 would do just fine by me. (indeed f-zero needs 30 player online. but mario kart simply doesnt!)

I'm sure this has been said before; but they should call it the Wiil...though that looks crap...-_-

Anway...I think Super Circuit is the weak link (I have not played the SNES original)

I'm sure this has been said before; but they should call it the Wiil...though that looks crap...-_-

Anway...I think Super Circuit is the weak link (I have not played the SNES original)

Wiil, not bad!

I liked Super Circuit! had some really great tracks like Sky Garden etc...

My favourite is the DS one followed by the Snes one. I only played the N64 episode one time at a friend's home because it was'nt his game. I just remember I found the highway track.

I really hope this game bring something new to the saga but I don't have real hopes. I just hope a huge number of character (and don't allow racers to drive karts other than theirs. It's crappy.) and tracks. Around 40 characters will be good and they can bring back old and rare characters, maybe to make them appear more often if they are popular.

N64 one is always my favourite, good memories with the multiplayer we used to have on that. My neighbours, my sister, my dad, everyone played it. The items meant it was decently fair. DD, was not. And I never got into the DS version like I did the N64. Haven't played the SNES one though.

I want Nintendo to do something with this game to make it significantly better and different to just a Wii version of MK DS. If this happens, and the quality is maintained i'll be happy.

I would like to see a boot load of courses-at least as many as MK DS-More characters/karts than any other MK game and an extra battle mode maybe-also would like to see mission mode remain as it'll be good for casuals to learn the nuances of the game, and for us to pull our hair out on.

My favourite is the DS one followed by the Snes one. I only played the N64 episode one time at a friend's home because it was'nt his game. I just remember I found the highway track.

I really hope this game bring something new to the saga but I don't have real hopes. I just hope a huge number of character (and don't allow racers to drive karts other than theirs. It's crappy.) and tracks. Around 40 characters will be good and they can bring back old and rare characters, maybe to make them appear more often if they are popular.

Yeah, espeially since Dry Bones has been destroying the scene.

Yeah, espeially since Dry Bones has been destroying the scene.

How has Dry Bones been ruining anything?

How has Dry Bones been ruining anything?

I don't really like him much, it's just a dead Koopa; taking up space where a different character could go.

I don't really like him much, it's just a dead Koopa; taking up space where a different character could go.

ROB was even worse.