NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

I do actually believe there is a spin in there for defensive purposes
I really hope not, it'd ruin the flow of the game I reckon. Where would the fun be in using the weapons if people could just use that spin to defend against it every time? :shakehead

But if it was limited in some way, like holding bananas or shells behind your kart, or required good timing like the banana peel breaking in 64 then I suppose it wouldn't be too bad.

the item in the box, to me, does look like it could be the feather so I wouldn't rule it out being in there.. have a close look and see what you think.
I really can't make out what the item is in that vid/screen. ::shrug:

Hmmm interesting shots, that could be a feather, it would awesome if the feather made a return as a cool defensive item that could make you jump for shortcuts but also allow you to jump shells and the like.

The item in that screen shot looks like a chain chomp to me...

I agree with you there from the screenshot- it looks like it could very well be a Chain Chomp. From the video though, it doesn't appear clear that it is. It's really hard to tell. I guess I'm just hoping it is the feather as it opens the path for some shortcuts and things to be present in the game (more so than double dash..)

14:22: Mario Kart Wii will include a steering wheel controller. The game will also include motorcycles! A release is set for Spring 2008.

Motorcycles? Is it just me or this terrible? I hope this isn't so.

The rest of today's news was great, but this has left me very worried.

I'm rather pleased Bikes are in Mario Kart. It could provide a whole new dimension for strategy in terms of taking tight turns, and reaching shortcuts/areas inaccessible to Karts... I liked the ultra laggy slow bike/scooter extra mini game in Mario Party 8, so I know i'm just gonna lap this up...

Motorcycles? Is it just me or this terrible? I hope this isn't so.
I agree, not liking the sound of that at all. :sad:

Seems Nintendo really want to take Mario Kart in a different direction, I'm sure it'll turn out great, but I'd much rather they kept close to the roots of the franchise.

Still, be interesting to see how it turns out.

Guess they got inspired by Wario's Motorcycle (Wario Ware/SSBB)!

Doesn't sound great, but then just like Double Dash, they seem to struggle to move the series on each time (or feel they have to, when they don't) and resort to slight gimmicky factors!

It's Mario Kart... Kart!

Make a different Mario bike game! Mario Excitebike!

I don't really mind about the motorbikes. They've got to do something to keep the franchise fresh. Double Dash didn't work (IMO), but maybe this will.

Oh man this is so awesome. Who the fuck cares? It's not like ROB the Robot was a kart.

As long as it plays well like the Mario Karts generally do, then for all I care they could be riding giant pumpkins!

As long as it plays well like the Mario Karts generally do, then for all I care they could be riding giant pumpkins!

Exactly. It's not like it's a serious franchise, who the hell cares. I also fail to see how riding bikes is a gimmick.

Who the fuck cares indeed!? Anyone remember Diddy Kong Racing? Aeroplanes and s'hit, still was fun though, they are just expanding on the game and making it more dynamic.

Who the fuck cares indeed!? Anyone remember Diddy Kong Racing? Aeroplanes and s'hit, still was fun though, they are just expanding on the game and making it more dynamic.

Why can't Nintendo make a "kart" racing game as good as that?

Why can't Nintendo make a "kart" racing game as good as that?

Not saying they can't, but it doesn't hurt to try something different-different this time round. They tried something 'different' with the GC version but...Well...You know...:(

Plus the fact its online, more options and opportunities to master the game. Looking forward to it.

Not saying they can't, but it doesn't hurt to try something different-different this time round. They tried something 'different' with the GC version but...Well...You know...:(

Plus the fact its online, more options and opportunities to master the game. Looking forward to it.

I loved DD and the dual mechanic the only thing I didnt like is that the karts felt too floaty.

I agree, not liking the sound of that at all. :sad:

Seems Nintendo really want to take Mario Kart in a different direction, I'm sure it'll turn out great, but I'd much rather they kept close to the roots of the franchise.

Still, be interesting to see how it turns out.

I wanted to see the franchise return to it's roots with this one, one man per cart, skill rather than powerups and a good challenge. I don;t want bikes :(

Adding bikes will be the best thing ever if they get the physics right (including crashes).

Just imagine T-boning Peach at a curve and sending her headlong into the guardrail.

Please Nintendo, add the free roam mode and uphill climb from Excitebike 64 to this!

I wanted to see the franchise return to it's roots with this one, one man per cart, skill rather than powerups and a good challenge. I don;t want bikes :(

I'm sorry, but Mario Kart ALWAYS was about both powerups and skills. Always. Bikes have nothing to do with it.

It's funny people complain at Nintendo if they change their franchises and complain when they don't.

The only little problem I see is the inconsistency of Mario Kart with bikes, but that hardlt matters.