NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

Bottom line is: you can complain all you want, but this is Mario Kart and it will always be fun. It looks nice, removed the flawed double thingy from Double Dash and it's an online game. This game is a winner for me.

The only thing that bugs me is the silly wheel, I hope they do include other controls, ie classic ones as I don;t want to have to buy four wheels to play at home with my mates.

Other than that this looks great. I don't see what people are complaining about the graphics for, they look great.

I don't think the graphics look that great, about the same as Double Dash maybe a bit better. But this'll improve as these are probably shots from an early build.

The only thing that bugs me is the silly wheel, I hope they do include other controls, ie classic ones as I don;t want to have to buy four wheels to play at home with my mates.

Reggie did say a variety of control schemes...

I don't care for the graphics in this game personally. It's a game to pass some time. I'm not going to be using it to make a statement or anything like that, just get it to have some Mario Kart fun as i've enjoyed previous entries of the series. I just want it to play well. No Super Monkey Ball race style handling, that mini game was destroyed in Banana Blitz :( Online with battle is great news for me. I just want a selection of unique tracks and have more than one control method and i'm happy.

I remember Reggie saying "We also think more racers means more fun. How many more? Well, stay tuned". They didn't get back to that did they? Does this mean that you can play with a lot more people than usually in Mario Kart?

I remember Reggie saying "We also think more racers means more fun. How many more? Well, stay tuned". They didn't get back to that did they? Does this mean that you can play with a lot more people than usually in Mario Kart?

There's at least 10 in the first bit of the footage.

I can't get over the fact that apparently no one has ever heard the phrase "this isn't your father's <XYZ>"!

When he says, "This isn't your father's Mario Kart" he means it isn't the same as the previous games and should at least have some noticeable differences (usually improvements but specifically differences). For example, you could easily describe Mario 64 as not being your father's super mario.

It doesn't have anything to do with not playing with your dad, trust me. DadPlay, or "thrashing the old man who can't really play games but likes to show some interest" will still be available in Mario Kart for Wii!

Now that would be mariokart heaven

Play mario kart 64 and it pretty much does that in bowsers castle sometimes.

I can't get over the fact that apparently no one has ever heard the phrase "this isn't your father's <XYZ>"!

That's cause it's such a shit phrase...

When he says, "This isn't your father's Mario Kart" he means it isn't the same as the previous games and should at least have some noticeable differences (usually improvements but specifically differences). For example, you could easily describe Mario 64 as not being your father's super mario.

It doesn't have anything to do with not playing with your dad, trust me. DadPlay, or "thrashing the old man who can't really play games but likes to show some interest" will still be available in Mario Kart for Wii!

Phrases are funny like that, if you don't know anyone that uses them, then you don't know them at all. I never knew the phrase "I don't know him, from Adam" until I started going out with my girlfriend. I once knew someone who had never head the phrase "Flogging a dead horse."

I personally find the Wii Wheel to be very appealing; I suppose this is the answer to this installment's innovativity, just as two people on one kart was the answer to DD's.

I wonder what Reggie and the gang were thinking after there was a less than stellar reaction to the announcement of Mario Kart Wii and the complaints city galore that have followed?

It doesn't matter 'cause you know when it comes out everyone will get it, and love it, and that'll be that. Another success for Nintendo I say!

I wonder what Reggie and the gang were thinking after there was a less than stellar reaction to the announcement of Mario Kart Wii and the complaints city galore that have followed?

He's probably humiliated. They should have shown a better trailer instead of saying, "this is the new Mario Kart", and then showing a bunch of half-assed clips on HIGHLY nostalgic tracks.

Reggie did say a variety of control schemes...

Great, that's what I wanted to hear.

What complaints? Was the Nintendo Show badly recieved? I'm surprised, because I think the fact that MGS4 was just more prerendered cinematics when SONY really need a big killer app was much more damaging.

Looking forward to seeing more of this, hopefully we'll get some direct-feed vids by the end of the week.

Visually it seems like a fusion of Double Dash, Arcade GP and DS. Looks great though and I'm glad it's back to a single driver per kart. Here's hoping it'll play like DS but with a much upgraded online mode. If it is 12 players though that’s going to be a right laugh! :grin:

The Wii Wheel is pretty cute too.

There's at least 10 in the first bit of the footage.

I was watching some thing on Gamespot and the ninty dude said its more than you can count on both hands.

Looking forward to seeing more of this, hopefully we'll get some direct-feed vids by the end of the week.

Visually it seems like a fusion of Double Dash, Arcade GP and DS. Looks great though and I'm glad it's back to a single driver per kart. Here's hoping it'll play like DS but with a much upgraded online mode. If it is 12 players though that’s going to be a right laugh! :grin:

The Wii Wheel is pretty cute too.

That I hope for aswell. Mario kart is one of the best Mario karts I've played.

I hope for the same but different options and stuff.

was dissappointed by the footage really all i saw was double dash with different cars.

Hope this one is faster...double dash was crap

was dissappointed by the footage really all i saw was double dash with different cars.

Hope this one is faster...double dash was crap

Man, such a shame; I agreed with everything you said in this post until you said Double Dash was crap.

I was watching some thing on Gamespot and the ninty dude said its more than you can count on both hands.

If you think back to the price of the Wii and the less than $250 = £249.99 so by that rationale it will be 11. :smile:

After people doubted the DS, Wii Remote, Brain Training Games and NIntendogs they probably took it on the chin ready to once again sell millions of copies and prove every critic wrong.

Although perhaps they turned to alcoholism and plan to jump off a bridge by the end of the night?