NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

Full online mode confirmed, I hope it has leaderboards and permanent stats. I would love to build up a great online profile on that beast!

Meh, they didn't show much of the game. I hope there's some trailers tomorrow, when E3 starts.

Meh, they didn't show much of the game. I hope there's some trailers tomorrow, when E3 starts.

I think it's starting today. Well today in USA :P

It just looked like Double Dash, I didn't even see jumping.

'not your fathers mario kart' is that supposed to mean mario kart is now more kiddy or am i reading it wrong?

I know we only saw a little clip but it really did look like double dash with DS karts and tracks, hard to tell how fast it will end up either. Steering wheel gives me mixed feelings, will it stop snaking? i'm not sure about playing MK wit a floating wheel :blank:

'not your fathers mario kart' is that supposed to mean mario kart is now more kiddy or am i reading it wrong?

I thought it was the idea that they changed integral bits of the gameplay.

I assume they have more characters and other karts and weapons.

Why I ask: all I want are the classic karts, no unique abilities and not so many racers that apart from different models some hardly make a difference.

I noticed one of the tracks from the DS game was in the trailer.

Yeah, it was that dreadful Yoshi track. Surely they'll have better tracks when we see more of the game.

Did Reggie say 'watch this space' for number of players..?

he did, i counted at least 10 at the starting grid.

personaly, i thought it looked good. i think it has the right idea, karts seem DS style, so you can have a go kart if you want, but you can also have more wacky cars, which i think gives it more or a fun feeling

That because all of the tracks are going to be in the Wii version because it looks like revamp version of the DS one.

images

mariokart_art.jpg

mariokartwii_sslg1.jpg

mariokartwii_sslg2.jpg

mariokartwii_sslg3.jpg

mariokartwii_sslg4.jpg

mariokartwii_sslg5.jpg

mariokartwii_sslg6.jpg

Little bit underwhelming to be honest. Would have liked a new graphical style rather than just DD all over again...

He said multiple control schemes so would think classic nunchuck+remote combo may get used for snaking racers. Just pray that the game has some depth to it and some decent short-cuts etc unlike DD.

More characters would be good and I think jumping is back - Yoshi jumps on the Yoshi DS track bit...

Noticed some sort of F-Zero style spin from Wario too - not sure about that...

DS version was much better than DD tho so here's hoping....!!

Edit: Looking at the above screens just posted it actually looks pretty nice... and new tracks too... hopefully there will be loads of tracks so a few crap retro ones won't matter as much... I do hate that DS Yoshi Track - so boring.

Can't really think of another style for MK, it's not just like DD, DS is like this too.

It would've been nice if there was any kind of visual upgrade at all though. The models in Galaxy and Mario and Sonic have a nice "glow" to them which would've been a cool touch.

I can only assume the visuals were kept somewhat simple in exchange for what seems to be 8 or perhaps 16 (at a huge stretch) player online we're getting, probably at 60fps.

I think the graphics look excellent, I think it looks clean, fast and fun. However, I would've prefered normal karts. I also think the steering wheel is pretty crap. Classic controls please.

the bottom screen is basically a classic kart, so maybe they all have one like that?

It looks great, can't wait.

edit: :) that ryhmes

Mario Kart's always fun. But I can't help but feel a little dissapointed that it looks the same.

I think that was referring to the fact that you no longer have to play multiplayer with your dad (family), you can play against any one else around the world.

I'm liking the look of this, no need to go too fancy with graphics for a game like this and online Battle Mode means that this'll be an instant buy for me!

I wonder what more players is though?

Don't get what he meant.

Dudes this looks fantastic. Looks faster than usual as well. And since we saw that ds stage i think we will get our 32 tracks from remakes of classics again:)

I wonder how customisable the cars are? Custom decals are likely of course, but waht about a basic choice of colour schemes or something?

Also those little wheels might be a good idea - if you're twisting the Wii mote while holding it face in it will get a little bit awkward.

I wonder what more players is though?

Don't get what he meant.

Dudes this looks fantastic. Looks faster than usual as well. And since we saw that ds stage i think we will get our 32 tracks from remakes of classics again:)

Woohoo!!! The remake tracks from the other Mario Karts are just buliding up now. Thats the SNES, 64, Cube, GBA and DS tracks now in the mix for the classics. This probably means more stages than any other Mario Kart too (OK I best not speculate). But it does look faster, it just looks fantastic all-round.

I would say It does mean more tracks. Fzero gx had 30 tracks So I would LOVE 40. With remakes of old tracks i'd hope this to be true. Don't think we will ever get a storymode though:(

Guess it doesn't matter as long as it had awesome multiplayer and on-line.

But perhaps they will expand on the mission mode on ds. Hope so. Not sure about steering wheel though.

I wonder how customisable the cars are? .

I keep saying this but mario kart could learn a lot from f-zero gx. If they implant a system similiar to that i would be happy. Have a shop and perhaps you could earn cash for every race completed. Downloadable parts would make it a plus.