NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

i prey we get this before the yanks, and make them wait ages for release for once,

Not officially confirmed as of yet (Well the Wii Fit date)!

BUT it looks like Europe will be seeing both Mario Kart (11/04/08) and Wii: Fit (25/04/08) before America!

I'd rather have Smash Bros than both. Hell, i'd rather wait till April 2009 and have Smash Bros first.

I'm definitely getting more excited for this now (finally having a release date really helps :hehe:), sure I'm still not over the moon about all the non-traditional stuff, but having seen some new screens and reading about how extensive the online aspect is, plus the insane amount of stat tracking and a dedicated Wii channel, I'm suddenly really looking forward to it. :yay:

Excellent news re. the release date.

Really looking forward to this , although I am still trying to get financially straight after the pre-Christmas blowout and it's likely to get worse with 3 other potential purchases in the next month.

Interesting. We get a game a day after release in Japan and Wii Fit almost a month before the US. That's good how we're getting treated proper.y, but seriously anything on Brawl would be good about now.

Yea so by looks of things we aren't getting it till atleast May, though if it was may it wouldm't surprise me, that was when Melee came out right?

The online system is really interesting me at the moment. It sounds much better than other games, but thing I want to know the most is, can 2 online friends meet up and search for more players...

but thing I want to know the most is, can 2 online friends meet up and search for more players...
That's an interesting point, I'm guessing friends and random players will be kept separate though like on MKDS.

What I'd really like to know is if this will use a similar system to Brawl, so that if someone disconnects mid game the CPU will take over. I think that's a really good idea and should become standard on all WFC games. That, and I really hate the sound that plays when someone d/c's on MKDS, it's become like the most annoying sound effect ever! :heh:

They better not re-use it for MK Wii. :shakehead

I thought they would keep it seperate, but the thing about joning a friends match made me think it's a possibility. If your friend is versing random folk and there's a spot, then you should be able to join in right? So surely there would be an option to cut that out and just meet up with your friend, like have a list of players being searched for, but at the top of the list you have you and your friend ready or something.

But the DC thing will be an issue, people will constantly DC so we need to make it as if they won't want to DC and what better way than sticking in a CPU and when they lose it counts towards there scores. It's much fairer for the players and a good enough punishment for DCers.

Didn't Reggie say you could use a variety of control methods?

Gamecube controler ftw.

Didn't Reggie say you could use a variety of control methods?

Gamecube controler ftw.

He did, yes!

Wow, released so soon? Knowing Nintendo it should have been delayed until the next century.

Anyway, great news. I'm not able to play MKDS online so I'm really looking forward to this.

More rumour's

CHARACTERS:

-Not all of the drivers from previous installments will be returning from DD and MKDS. Don't expect any of the Pac-Man characters from the Arcade games.

-About 75% of the drivers are unlockables. There is a ridiculously large amount of drivers.

-Hammer Bros., Toadsworth, and Dixie Kong are new drivers.

-There will be an original character (possibly more than one) introduced in this game (similar to Toadette's introduction in DD.)

-Expect a major comeback from a past Mario character similar to Birdo in Mario Tennis as a driver (I'll keep this one a surprise.)

TRACKS:

-There will be a full track based on Luigi's Mansion and not as a battle stage.

-Rainbow Road will return in keeping with tradition of the franchise.

-There will be a new stage called Retro Raceway that pays homage to classic Mario games.

-There will be re-vamped versions of SMK and MK64 stages.

-A good number of the tracks will have more than one way to reach the finish line. Expect lots of hidden paths. There are also a lot of traditional racing tracks with no shortcuts whatsoever.

-There will be a hugely re-vamped version of Moo Moo Farm.

ITEMS:

-The Blooper item from MKDS will be brought over into MK Wii.

-There will be some items that can only be used by motorcycles and some that can only be used by traditional karts.

-The Ice Flower from Super Mario Galaxy is an item. It creates an icy trail in your path for a short amount of time that players can slip on.

-The POW Block is also an item.

OTHER:

-The Mission Mode from MKDS will make an appearance. There will also be boss fights. It will be shorter than it was in MKDS.

-Expect lots of unlockables, such as bonus music tracks for stages.

-Super Princess Peach will have some representation in the game; what exactly it is I do not know.

Source

Seem's this game may end up with about 24-36 playable characters methinks.

Shortcuts are back! Loved the shortcuts in Double Dash.

DIXIIIIEEE!!!! Awesome. This sounds amazing, Im getting very excited, as its one of the few games I can play with Claire.

I don't really anticipate this game (even if I know I'll buy it) but I really want those rumours to be true, especially the character ones.

Major comeback... mmhh... I pray for Wart or Mouser. Koopalings would be awesome too but they are more than one.:heh:

And a big YEAH!! for Toadsworth. Mustache is the pinpoint of win!

I'm not too keen on Dixie being in since Mario and DK franchise start to merge a little too much IMO, transforming back the DK franchise into a Mario spin-off one (Please!! Bring us a true platforming DK game!!).

Hidden paths and POW block also have to be true.

transforming back the DK franchise into a Mario

But.....Mario is a DK spin-off....

Liking the look of it more now, think it will definately suffice in motion. It's not that the graphics are technically bad per se, it's just that its a damn ugly aesthetic from the looks of most screenshots. But Mario Kart has never been about the look and this looks just as fun as any other Mario Kart game.

DIXIIIIEEE!!!! Awesome. This sounds amazing

Beat me to it. Great news that Dixie's comeback is still on going and great stuff with all the tracks, characters and even the release date.

A genius wrote ....

Nintendo are expecting a shortage of wii fit balance boards and wii race controllers. Therefore, by releasing them at the same time they hope to spread out demand as few will purchase both at the same time

I agree

Im converted. Game looks good, even in just screenshots, and I am actually excited about the release of this BUT still won't appease the wait for Smash Bros.