Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Charlie

I went shopping with my mum this morning and went in WHSmiths to get a drink and there was 2 lads on a mobile, reading the last bit of the book in the shop and telling them what happens. Bastards.

I hope they were lieing about what happens, i want to read it myself.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stefkov

I like the offer on at WHSmith. Spend £15 and get the book for £6 (or 5).99

Me mum went to Asda and said there was like half a crate left of the books. Nabbed one for £5 and said she's reading it first.

Gives me the time to read the previous one. I read the back of the new one and had no idea what it was on about.

Most books the first 1-3 chapters always are boring. Its there to set up characters plot for th book etc. The summary on the back is more important for me.

When I first read The Fellowship of the Ring, the first few pages excited me and made me read on. I don't read many books, so they have to entertain me early or they get put down.

When I first read The Fellowship of the Ring, the first few pages excited me and made me read on. I don't read many books, so they have to entertain me early or they get put down.

You see it was the complete opposite with the Fellowship of the Ring just couldn't get that spark, like the Harry Potter series(probably because I grew up reading them) or the Emporer series(because lots of vioence).

Guess it just comes down to taste.

think i might have to read the last one to catch up.....forgot practically everything that happened...

lol, btw I just downloaded a copy of it from the net....literally took me 10 seconds for the download to finish and then, I got a whole copy in a pdf file!!! But don't worry, I'm buying the book, just wanted to see how easy it was to get it through the internet! Bloody pirates...

Wow... this starts fast

I mean, Mad-Eye's already dead, huh?

:D What a fast pacing...

Indeed! That made me very unhappy. I was not that keen on Mad-Eye in Goblet but love him since he has been Order.

I laughed at Hedwig's death tho, but I suppose they had to get her out the way somehow.

Went to Tesco at 1:00 in the morning and asked if they would price match the book with Asda for me, but the staff didn't really understand what I was talking about :hmm: My drunken friends went up to the crate of books and read the last page, while a security gurad watched them from a distance. They went up to a 25yr old girl and shouted a plot spoiler and the poor girl bursted out in tears lol . They were kind to me tho :hehe:

Anyway I got it from ASDA this morning, and picked up a copy for a friend, and I am on page 210ish :)

Snape Headmaster of Hogwarts!!?!?!? I never saw that one coming!!

I'm liking it up to yet too. This is the first time i've read a book fully since i read the hobbit this time last year.

Im on page 286 (Beginning of chapter 18) I got abit confused in chapter 17, you'll know what i meen when you get there.

Went to Tesco at 1:00 in the morning and asked if they would price match the book with Asda for me, but the staff didn't really understand what I was talking about :hmm: My drunken friends went up to the crate of books and read the last page, while a security gurad watched them from a distance. They went up to a 25yr old girl and shouted a plot spoiler and the poor girl bursted out in tears lol . They were kind to me tho :hehe:

Nice. They sound like utter dicks.

This does really start off fast,enjoying it a lot just now.Turns out the mail man was late and it arrived at 1pm.On page 71 and started reading it an hour and a half ago.

I would say more but I think i'll read.

And also that's a shame on what your friends done though,pretty nasty and security done faff all.Could of told them to stop.

LOL AT DUDLEY!!!! That kid is a legend!

surely a spoiler box is not needed? =]

Yea it is :heh:

You saying Dudley has a big part? Is he actually Harry's dad? Or maybe Dudley kills Voldermort.

Damn it Ellmeister use spoiler tags! I don't wanna know these things >.<

I kid,I kid

On page 95,just at beginning of Chapter 7,think i'll have a little break.Good book though I have to say.It really pulled me in compared to the other books and I felt like I just had to read on.

I

Im on page 286 (Beginning of chapter 18) I got abit confused in chapter 17, you'll know what i meen when you get there.

Likewise. Maybe our eye's are just tierd :heh:

Quite a nasty and sick image for young kids tho. A snake coming out of someone's body.

Liked Voldermort's memory or passage or whatever it was, of when he killed the Potters tho.

Ron to Hermione

"Oh of course, I forgot we'll be hunting down Voldermort in a mobile library."

The ending is just about everything I'd hoped for..

a massive frickin fight to the death at Hogwarts with no prisoners taken.

Order/DA/Teachers/Students/Ghosts/Centaurs/Grawp and a couple of surprise appearances vs. Death Eaters/Acromantulas/Dementors/Giants

I don't know how to use spoiler tags so I'm just going to say the end and wait for someone to put it in one :P

Dudley is in fact albus dumbeldore's supposedly dead sister who saves the day by killing voldemort.

taken a break at chapter 10. This book is a lot better than the others so far but still not REALLY making me want to read on continuously like some books.

I don't know how to use spoiler tags so I'm just going to say the end and wait for someone to put it in one :P

Dudley is in fact albus dumbeldore's supposedly dead sister who saves the day by killing voldemort.

taken a break at chapter 10. This book is a lot better than the others so far but still not REALLY making me want to read on continuously like some books.

"Go Advanced" and click on spoiler.jpg

Or, without the *s

[sp*oiler=Harry Potter]Harry Potter is actually a transexual called Wanda Arsepoke[/sp*oiler]

*covers eyes so as not to see spoilers*

Ok, I got at midnight the other night, and i'm on Chapter 10, and so far all I have to say is "..Whoa".

The action really just happens so quickly. It's like they threw out the old formula, and are laying it on thick and fast.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!