Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Charlie

If he was still in control, he wouldn't have begged Snape to kill him. He needs to be in the past tense, so that they can overcome Voldemort. Maybe Sirius will make a comeback, but not Dumbledore.

I am aware of the "rumours" surrounding the book that are listed in wiki.

To kill him, or not to kill him? He may have been begging him to do something else, it doesn't actually say if I remember rightly. I was thinking he may have been begging him to do something like help Harry, or...well, I dunno, I haven't really thought it through. I'm not saying Dumbledore's gonna be a big thing in the next book, but I think she'll have him feature in some way other than just through portraits/paintings/pictures, whatever the things in the office are.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the next book is out soon of course, and the actors are like...17-19 at the moment? I imagine filming has begun on HBP in order to get through it in time so they aren't actually 30 by the end of it, I reckon the films'll be finished and out by like 2008/2009 time if they properly worked non stop on them like, by which time they'll be about 20-22, so it's doable if they can make them appear younger. How old are they supposed to be in each of the books? It's like 11-18 isn't it?

To kill him, or not to kill him? He may have been begging him to do something else, it doesn't actually say if I remember rightly. I was thinking he may have been begging him to do something like help Harry, or...well, I dunno, I haven't really thought it through. I'm not saying Dumbledore's gonna be a big thing in the next book, but I think she'll have him feature in some way other than just through portraits/paintings/pictures, whatever the things in the office are.

I'm absolutelly sure that Dumbledore was begging Snape to kill him so that their plan could be acomplished, whatever it is. DDs death is the best way to get Voldie to believe Snape is truly loyal to him.

Plus, the possibility that the prophecy may indeed reffer to Snape instead of Potter.

Oh...I remember reading that a couple of years ago...

Right...they can't let Voldemort know that Snape killed Dumbledore because wouldn't he kill that other kid who was supposed to do it?

Ugh, the story's so retarded, you know she's gonna find some stupid way of making Snape the good guy yet again.

Right...they can't let Voldemort know that Snape killed Dumbledore because wouldn't he kill that other kid who was supposed to do it?

Ugh, the story's so retarded, you know she's gonna find some stupid way of making Snape the good guy yet again.

that makes no sense whatso ever

and yet it does, i dont think volde will care, as long as dumbles dead

Why "again"? He never ceased to be good.

He gets the best dialogue by far. But the idea of a "good" character in Harry Potter is kinda insane. Will and Lyra are awesome characters (for example), everyone in HP is predictable to the point where it doesn't seem that they've changed at all over the course of 6 years.

Dear Jesus, I'm reading the 6th book again. Just so I'll have a talking point.

He gets the best dialogue by far. But the idea of a "good" character in Harry Potter is kinda insane. Will and Lyra are awesome characters (for example), everyone in HP is predictable to the point where it doesn't seem that they've changed at all over the course of 6 years.

Dear Jesus, I'm reading the 6th book again. Just so I'll have a talking point.

Ah-ah. Agreed. HP is nice, but compared to HDM, it's... empty and rubbish. Philip Pullman is a genious. God, I still think about that ending from Amber Spyglass.

I mean, doomed to spend eternity apart from each other... harsh, but oh-so fabulous.

That ending literally made me cry. I was depressed for ages.

I think it's brilliant that NL won the "Carnegie of Carnegies." I can't think of any book or series that deserves it more. Man I have a crazy obsession with those books o_0

That ending literally made me cry. I was depressed for ages.

I think it's brilliant that NL won the "Carnegie of Carnegies." I can't think of any book or series that deserves it more. Man I have a crazy obsession with those books o_0

It's only fair, I mean, they're JUST the best chid/young people oriented fantasy books ever written.

I agree HDM is brilliant, but I have one problem with the ending that I may have brought up here before:

All the doors between universes have to be closed. Now, Lyra would be happy to live in Will's universe with him, living for a shorter time. However, Will would not be able to cope seeing her die long before him. The same holds the other way round - Will would happily live in Lyra's universe, but Lyra wouldn't want to see him die before her. However, there is a third option: both Will and Lyra live in a third universe. Now, both would die early, but at around the same time, and both would seem to be willing to do this.

I just got back from watching the new film (loved it), behind some people were disscussing the last book before the film started.

Of course they mentioned the "Harry Dies" possibility.... I actually have a feeling we may see Herminoy(sp?) or Ron bite the bullet.

but one guy thought up what i thought was a massive idea.....at the end of the book, Harry wakes up Under the Stairs, it was all a fantastic dream.

In the films they could use the theme song from Dallas, haha.

I just got back from watching the new film (loved it), behind some people were disscussing the last book before the film started.

Of course they mentioned the "Harry Dies" possibility.... I actually have a feeling we may see Herminoy(sp?) or Ron bite the bullet.

but one guy thought up what i thought was a massive idea.....at the end of the book, Harry wakes up Under the Stairs, it was all a fantastic dream.

In the films they could use the theme song from Dallas, haha.

That's the most crappy generic ending ever. I'm completelly sick and tired of Deus-ex-machina, especially "IT WAS ALL A DREAM".

I agree HDM is brilliant, but I have one problem with the ending that I may have brought up here before:

All the doors between universes have to be closed. Now, Lyra would be happy to live in Will's universe with him, living for a shorter time. However, Will would not be able to cope seeing her die long before him. The same holds the other way round - Will would happily live in Lyra's universe, but Lyra wouldn't want to see him die before her. However, there is a third option: both Will and Lyra live in a third universe. Now, both would die early, but at around the same time, and both would seem to be willing to do this.

They'd be like 22 though. That'd be lame. Like they said, they'd grow up and not be able to do all the things they want to do, because they'd be dead.

Although my big problem is why the hell couldn't one small, rabbit hole sized window be left open for them? They deserved it.

I can't wait for this.I might even go up to my ASDA to grab a copy instead of waiting for it to arrive in the post.

I'm really excited about.

I want to read the last one again but I have no time,I feel like i've forgotten some stuff for it.Fact maybe a plot summary or something will do.

I wonder how theylll fit the rest of Voldemorts soul thingies (totally forgot the name) and I question if Harry knows enough knowledge of spells to beat Voldemort.To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if Harry had to,in the end kill himself to kill Voldermort but something keeps him alive (something to do with his mother cause of the eyes or something)

I just wonder how it will all end

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!