NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Tellyn

Jack Thompson ordered to undergo psychological testing

The Florida Bar, responsible for the regulation and discipline of attorneys, has ordered obsessed anti-videogame attorney Jack Thompson to undergo psychological testing, and suspended his law license for 91 days.

According to an email sent from Thompson to GamePolitics.com, Thompson was issued these latest orders during a mediation between himself and Florida Bar, discussing a disciplinary hearing against Thompson for complaints regarding his professional conduct during the GTA and Bully cases.

"Mediation failed today because there was no mediation whatsoever...," read the email. "[Florida Bar official] Ms. Tuma not only did not move off her [suspension] demand one iota, not one smidgeon, but she instead upped her demand by requiring that Thompson undergo a battery of psychological tests as part of the fabulous deal The Bar offered him." So it didn't go too well eh, Thompson?

"Thompson is not the one who needs a psych evaluation," the email concludes.

This is hilarious.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=167210

Hear hear!!! Well done the Florida bar!

Jack Thompson needs to be sectioned!

Yup. I bet he comes out there and blames video games for the mentally ill.

He's a persistent lil' bugger.

Does he have anything to do with the Manhunt 2 ban?

Cos if he does... :mad:

I care?

I'm not having a dig at Tellyn, just, why does anyone really care about him?

It'd be funny if it gets permantly taken away, no more bullshit from him.

I care?

I'm not having a dig at Tellyn, just, why does anyone really care about him?

Because, Flackbox, if he had his way, we certainly wouldn't be chatting on this forum right now.

Well done, Florida Bar, send him to Bedlam if possible...

He's just making more enemies with each snive little comment attacking games he makes.

Oh yes, the sweet taste of partial victory. I'm glad someone finally tries to stop him with his crazy ideas. Videogames don't make me violent but people who want to ban them.

I hope the EU takes this as an example and sents all the german politicians, who are against videogames, to a psychologist as well.

He needs my foot in his face, thats what he needs....

Yes if you remove that gif and never log in here again.

I don't really care about him or what he stands for...

Infact I don't really care about the whole "Jack Thompson v Video Games" lark, Not a dig like just I don't have much feeling towards the whole thing

I ahve a question, who the hell is Gaijin von snikba? Interested because he's an aficionado, who was he before?

I ahve a question, who the hell is Gaijin von snikba? Interested because he's an aficionado, who was he before?

He's Substeinar.

He keeps changing his name. The admins don't want to give costum user titles, but are willing to keep changing someone's name.

Is that who Gaijin is! Thank fuck! I thought I was losing me bloody mind when I saw he was an Aficianado!!

Sign in to follow this