NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
EEVILMURRAY

Old School Disney films

Over the holidays, whilst looking for a job and painting my house, I've found many videos of classic Disney films.

Yesterday I watched The Emperor's New Groove, trailer for those who haven't seen it/wish to relive the magic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zedDkrNgFUg

Today I shall be watching The Black Cauldron, I don't think it's well know but tis a classic I say. CLASSIC!

Soon I shall be finding Mulan among other lovely Disney films. Is anyone else feeling this, or having something similar with other old films?

I want to watch The Rescuers to get cheap thrills from the scene where you can a picture of a topless woman.

Mulan is a great film with a great sound track. Donny Osmond is in it, isn't he? I love the song "I'll Make A Man Out Of You".

Nothing can beat the original Lion King though.

watched peter pan with my friend on her birthday, god that film sucks.

emp's new grove is wicked though, but id not call it old school.

I loved Alice in Wonderland, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Hercules and The Hunchback of Notre Dame when I was a kid. Very girly films now i think about it....

I come with a warning. Loving Disney films is all very well, but don't DON'T watch any more than 5 in row. I did once during a Disney-a-thon. It was like a really weird drugs trip, you end up in this really strange confused state of mind where you keep wanting to burst into song, skip around and generally grin like a buffoon.

Just watched Aladdin and the king of thieves.

I didn't remember it being so funny ><

I love them all. The jugle book is one of my favourites and snow white is actually quite funny for it's time.

Lion King is still king.

Mulan is better than 90% of the other Disneys. Lion King and Pocahontas also rock!

I need to get more Disney DVDs but they're stupidly expensive most of the time.

Lion King, Beauty and the Beast and Robin Hood. Animation is fantastic in all of those.

Only Disney films I like are...

Beauty and the Beast

Aladdin

Lion King (one of the best films EVER)

Toy Story 1 & 2

Really don't like the older Disney stuff!

Mulan is a great film with a great sound track. Donny Osmond is in it, isn't he? I love the song "I'll Make A Man Out Of You".

I have that song, class. I also think a few weeks ago I found that very same video and watched it many times over the next couple of days.

Time well spent.

The video or just the song?

If j00 mean the song, is there a way I can find out how many times I've played it on Windows Media Player?

The knob-ends at Pixar are stopping the direct-to-video sequels. Whilst a fair few are crap, some have been awesome!

Lion King 2 (which technically made more money than the original), the Aladdin ones, Pocahontas II, Mulan II. The recent Cinderella film was good too.

The Little Mermaid 3 is going to be the "last" one (I doubt it though, because its the DTV department that have kept Disney alive the past decade).

I hated The Emperor's New Groove. Hercules was the last great Disney 'classic', in my opinion. The Little Mermaid, Beauty and The Beast, Aladdin and The Lion King are my favourites, though. I've got a playlist full of songs from those films on my iPod. :)

No-one's mentioned The Fox And The Hound, I loved that film as a kid.

No-one's mentioned The Fox And The Hound, I loved that film as a kid.

Seconded. Also, agreeing with "I'll Make A Man Out Of You" being an awesome song. I really need to re-watch Disney films... This time in English. Finnish voiceovering mostly sucks. Sure, they put their heart and soul into Disney films, but it still can't beat the original.

I love them all.

I realistically love all the ones from 1989 till like 2000.

Pissed off to the max now. For some reason the VCR/DVD combo we have can't play videos properly, the image shakes almost as much as me, and as everyone knows I'm an Epi.

Except with Mulan it was a good point when it actually came in colour. I couldn't watch it all the way through with this terror, if I was a photosensitive Epi I'd have been on the floor in minutes.

Sign in to follow this