N-Europe

Princess Diana

Ant-Shimmin

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, so what your saying is the impact of the tragedy is the reason you remember where you were. Therefore you were comparing them in terms of tragedy as how much it affects you makes you remember where you were. (I'm fucking with your head anyway)

No to put it simply

Everyone remembers where they where when Princess Diana died, it was one of those moments in life which you remember.

It's as simple as that...

No to put it simply

Everyone remembers where they where when Princess Diana died, it was one of those moments in life which you remember.

It's as simple as that...

I have no Idea where I was. I think the whole thing was blown out of proportion, yes she did a lot of charity work, but so what, her life didn't deserve the amount of publicity that it has gained. Especially when so many other people die everyday, in much more tragic circumstances and get little more than a mention in a local newspaper.

I have no Idea where I was. I think the whole thing was blown out of proportion, yes she did a lot of charity work, but so what, her life didn't deserve the amount of publicity that it has gained. Especially when so many other people die everyday, in much more tragic circumstances and get little more than a mention in a local newspaper.

Reguardless of love or hate, or dislike for her, you remember that day.

I remember where I was, I came downstairs to watch Live and Kicking and then being annoyed because the news was on every channel. (I was really young)

I think the reason its such a big thing is because we still don't know what actually happened in that infamous tunnel.

Somehow I find that hard to believe considering 9/11 was the biggest Terrorist Atrocity of Modern Times in the western world.

Well that's what happened. Want the truth? I honestly can't remember where I was either.

And something else for you: NOT EVERYBODY SHARES THE SAME MINDSET AS YOU.

Somehow I find that hard to believe considering 9/11 was the biggest Terrorist Atrocity of Modern Times in the western world.

I just came out of primary school and my mum told me, I watched tv and saw it all. It was my sisters birthday aswell.

What bullshit did Kanye West speak about that wasn't his horrible singing?

The last song was are you ready for love which is easily eltons worst song made famous but a stupid soccer ad. GRR

Piss off. It's a classic Elton song. Although not sure why it was used for a Sky Sports ad.

I haven't a clue where I was or what I was doing on 9/11.

I was off school for something, might have been a hospital appointment, but basically as soon as it happened it came on BBC1 and I was there.

Well that's what happened. Want the truth? I honestly can't remember where I was either.

What the fuck are you going on about?

I know people don't share the same mind set as me, I am expressing opinion.

You don't like it, get out your OWN fucking arse and put me on your ignore list.

What's so hard to believe, I try to avoid news and any channels that interupt shows for the news.

There's a bit of a difference between a couple of people dying in a car accident, and two airliners flying into one of America's most important buildings with huge loss of life. But its not necessary that both moments will be ingrained in your memory. I remember being told about 911 at the bus stop and just thinking it was a sick joke until I saw the news. But just because I remember it doesn't mean I assume everyone does. Hell if you didn't see a TV that day you could have easily missed it.

What bullshit did Kanye West speak about that wasn't his horrible singing?

Piss off. It's a classic Elton song. Although not sure why it was used for a Sky Sports ad.

I was off school for something, might have been a hospital appointment, but basically as soon as it happened it came on BBC1 and I was there.

Kanye West was shite i agree.

I just don't like the song and they could have ended it with a better song oh i don't know crocadile rock or candle in the wind.

Oh yeah, I remember that day. I came downstairs to my parents room and they said "Diana's dead". Then I went and got some cereal and discovered the true horror of the day, which was that there was bugger all on telly because all you had was endless news coverage saying the same thing over and over and over again, essentially "Yep, Diana is still dead". As you can see it affected me greatly. I couldn't see (and still can't see) why everybody got so worked up about it, it just seemed such massively over the top response mainly snowballed by the media with everyone scrambling to be the most aggrieved in order to not look like a callous bastard.

However, the 11th of September was a different matter. There was an actual reason to be distressed and upset. I didn't know about it for ages because I was at school, then after school I went back to a friends house where we played flight simulator and jokingly crashed the planes into famous landmarks. Boy were we in for a shock when we eventually turned on the TV! It's a moment I'll never forget.

Ah-ah. You tell him! We're finally agreing on something, Dyson. :D

Hey, Anti-Shimin, aren't you that retard who got all mad at me for not knowing who Alan Ball was? And then you gave me a lecture on how grand and glorious he was and bla bla bla? You're a bit of a moron, I can now see it clearly.

Oh yeah, I remember that day. I came downstairs to my parents room and they said "Diana's dead". Then I went and got some cereal and discovered the true horror of the day, which was that there was bugger all on telly because all you had was endless news coverage saying the same thing over and over and over again, essentially "Yep, Diana is still dead". As you can see it affected me greatly. I couldn't see (and still can't see) why everybody got so worked up about it, it just seemed such massively over the top response mainly snowballed by the media with everyone scrambling to be the most aggrieved in order to not look like a callous bastard.

Bingo. :) The reason I remember that day is because Dragon Ball Z wasn't on that day.

Ah-ah. You tell him! We're finally agreing on something, Dyson. :D

Hey, Anti-Shimin, aren't you that retard who got all mad at me for not knowing who Alan Ball was? And then you gave me a lecture on how grand and glorious he was and bla bla bla? You're a bit of a moron, I can now see it clearly.

Funnily Enough no I wasn't...Unless you can provide proof other wise...

OK, I was ten years older than a lot of you were at the time (Actually I still am, come to think of it) and I think there's a bit of re-writing of history going on here (Which isn't surprising seeing as people are absorbing a slick presentation about how great she was and how everyone loved her).

Diana did not become this saint/angel figure until after she died. Personally I didn't particularly like her. I thought she was attention seeking and manipulative and was very capable of playing the victim to get what she wanted (she her hamming it up on the "Doe eyed special" on Panorama.) Also, I thought it was a bit hypocritical that Prince Charles was getting stick for shagging horseface when Diana was leaping fanny-first onto anyone in a pair of jodhpurs.

Now I wasn't a lone voice in this, there was no universal adulation of her from anywhere. Never the less, when I heard she'd died I thought it was sad - for William and Harry more than anything else. What developed over the coming days and weeks was something else though. The public grief bandwagon was at full speed any everyone wanted a piece. Newspapers who'd been jibing her with cartoons a few days ago were having a competition to see who could keep their logo black for longest and who can have the pull-out-and-keep poster section with the most pages. People who previously hadn't given Diana a second thought were going on like they'd lost their whole family. One bloke actually said "I didn't cry when my wife died but I'm crying now". You think the whole Maddy thing is a bit distasteful (had the misfortune of coming across this the other day), trust me, it's got nothing on Diana.

Suddenly a woman who'd married some guy much older than her, with whom she had nothing in common with to get into royalty, then surprisingly found out she wasn't too keen about the marriage, someone who did a bit of charity work and most people could take or leave, was an angel sent down from heaven to heal the lepers and feed the poor.