NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ant-Shimmin

Princess Diana

Watching the concert now, quite enjoying it, however it brings me onto a question..

Where were you when Diana died?

I was about 6 at the time and I remember my mates Birthday party at Filbert Street (Leicester City's Old Football Ground) being Cancelled, school was called off and My Mum was in tears.

It's only now you understand what she did for people..

Lovely Lady

Jesus, thinking about it now, was I only 10 at the time?! I had a wedding to go that morning, but I wasn't feeling too well. I think I woke up at 8 oclock in the morning (might have been 10) and I came downstairs to watch some tv. Put some random channel on, saw it was the news, but didn't really pay attention. I switched it over to look for cartoons and couldn't find anything that wasn't news. I watched it for about 10 seconds or so before the newsreader said "once again, Diana, Princess of Wales has died..." and my eyes just widened.

Ran upstairs to tell my Mum (she was a big supporter of Diana), she was still sleeping, but then as soon as I told her she came running down to see what had happened.

Very strange day, will never forget that.

They all went off to the wedding, but didn't stay for long. I stayed home and just watched the news all day.

I was 13 at the time and in bed. All I can remember is my mum waking me up telling me to put my tv on and watch the news.

Think we watched the news all day.

Been watching some of the concert, Not many great acts but still it's a good day out for the people that are there and at least the sun is shining.

It's all about the Quo later :D

I was in canada.

It ruined my holiday as it was on the news all the time and i couldnt watch crappy tv as i wanted too.

What the fuck is that guy next to the Feeling's drummer doing?

I was nine I remember waking up and comming downstairs and my mum was in her dressing gown and was stunned watching the news. Was too young to know what had happened though, but Mum really liked her and still does Im sure

BTW Why is there fuck loads of empty seats? Was it not free or something?

Are Muse appearing at that concert?

Didnt Diana die in the morning? I was in bed as far as I mind, my sister came up and told me... I wasnt overly worried/ she coulda been joking/ Diana might not actually have died or whatever and I went back to sleep for an hour. School started the next day, I think it was Second Year cos I'm fairly certain of who my form teacher was that year...

Thanks Ash, I woulda known if Muse were set to be there - but that little piece of news could just as easily have slipped under my radar. Atleast I know now that I'm not missing anything! :heh:

I was 19 and pissed off that my then gf woke me up to tell me. Couldn't have given a toss to be honest, there are much worse tragedies in this world than the death of one person who is not directly connected with you no matter who that person is.

FFS i just typed a whole buddy paragraph out then hit backspace by accident on my keyboard :S

Anyway, i can't remember where i was when i heard the news, i know that it didn't bother me as at the age i was i knew very little about the royals (Except the Queen).

I do however remember the 2 mintues silence which i think was on a Saturday afternoon. I got bored and went outside to play on my new skateboard as i didn't really get what the big fuss was about. Well i was only a child at the time.

I was not caring about her death. She's as insignificant as any other member of royalty.

Mr. Bauer made an appearance. :heh:

I was at home, I was only young but I remember being quite sad for some reason, as I didn't actually know who she was.

She's the only member of the royal family that has ever been worth a damn.

My mom liked her, there was a whole "Diana Week" on TV, meaning that I didn't get to watch power rangers for a week. Bastards. I think I was about 8.

she was the princess of the country i was born in Wales yet she wasnt born in wales.

she seemed like a nice ladie and did lots of charity stuff etc was a little gutted when i heard she died but its was just like anyother person really and you hear they died in a car crash "o thats bad" and thats it really continue with life

Just tuned in, I think Joss Stone is on, lovely purple hair. However someone seems to have glued her eyes shut.

OPEN YOUR FUCKING EYES YOU BINT!

The concert looks a bit shit/ Plenty of empty seats and very little atmosphere...

Anyway, her death didn't greatly affect me. I guess I didn't know what she had done, nor am I (or my family) are a massive supporter of the Royals so it didn't really bother us.

Just tuned in, I think Joss Stone is on, lovely purple hair. However someone seems to have glued her eyes shut.

OPEN YOUR FUCKING EYES YOU BINT!

Also, she wasn't wearing shoes.

Oooh, Gillian Anderson... Fucking love redheads.

Tom Jones in a sky blue suit. Wasn't Dennis Hopper wearing one just like it?

I think i was 9 or 10, and I was in the lounge having my breakfast, when I heard about it on the news. My mum was annoyed with me, as I hadn't woken her up to tell her about it.

Concert is pretty meh. The Feeling were cool, along with the Supertramp guy and Stick Together by Bryan Ferry was catchy. Will watch the Quo and Rod Stewart later.

I was 5 or 6, sitting at the kitchen table drawing a picture with the tv on. I wasnt really paying attention though, and my mum came downstairs (it was the morning), and asked why Diana was on tv. So I said that she'd died, and mum was like, 'lol, nice joke..'

Then she watched some more and was all, : o!

I dont think I cared at all though..

Sign in to follow this