N-Europe

Scientology

UK

Should scientology become a religion?

Personally, I don't think so. The idea of some recent author having his own religion should be an alien concept. Many famous people are, for some reason, becoming scientologists. Oh, that and I'm a Christian.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Relgions is just what people believe. There's no proof whatsoever god exists. Which is why many people are atheists, like I am.

Scientology though is a complete and utter joke, but if people want to follow it then thats their choice.

^^ So, really, you don't really care if people started following Harry Potter. Oh, and I resent that thing you said about the Bible.:wtf:

Most christians would, lol. But he's correct. The Bible one can buy in any bookstore is just paper and ink. It's a collection of stories people base their lives around.

If people believe that Harry Potter was a good book to base their lives around, thats fine. It does have some quite powerful morals in it though, like love conquers all.

The Bible has morals underneath all the fiction, and in that respect I admire it. Hearing stories which are obviously not true does not make me admire it.

At the end of the day, religion just acts as a set of morals to which you should live your life. All the stuff on top of that is irrelevant really...

If people believe that Harry Potter was a good book to base their lives around, thats fine. It does have some quite powerful morals in it though, like love conquers all.

The Bible has morals underneath all the fiction, and in that respect I admire it. Hearing stories which are obviously not true does not make me admire it.

At the end of the day, religion just acts as a set of morals to which you should live your life. All the stuff on top of that is irrelevant really...

Couldn't of put it better myself.

Scientology is even more ridiculous than other religions as the organisation is obviously in it just for profit and sucking out their members - it really is a cult. It has no right to get a religious status.

Personally I'm against these protected statuses for religions altogether, but if one 'religion' doesn't even remotely deserve one, it's Scientology.

Anyone even thinking Scientology should become a religion is stupid. It is a cult. An extremely dangerous and powerful one at that.

I strongly suggest everyone read http://www.lermanet.com and http://xenu.net/cb-faq.html

Germany has the right idea about how to deal with them. Read up on what they think about Scientology and the CoS.

EDIT:

http://www.whyaretheydead.net/

<-- What are your crimes Mark!!!

<-- This ones just hilarious.

^^ So, really, you don't really care if people started following Harry Potter. Oh, and I resent that thing you said about the Bible.:wtf:

I wouldn't care if people started following Harry Potter - I think/know it's made up, so I wouldn't join them. To say that you resent that he said that the Bible was made up isn't in my view acceptable. You can disagree with him, but to resent his views isn't on.

Relgions is just what people believe. There's no proof whatsoever god exists. Which is why many people are atheists, like I am.

Scientology though is a complete and utter joke, but if people want to follow it then thats their choice.

Seconded (though I'm not an aethiest.)

@ Fatnickc- I didn't mean to insult either of you- it's just that I can get a little over the top when it comes to religion. Anyway, this isn't one of those religion threads where there's just a strong argument- this is about scientology and why it's so stupid.

Couldn't of put it better myself.

Couldn't HAVE. One of my pet peeves - people putting "of" instead of "have" or at the very least a "'ve" at the end of what they're saying. Think about the word - "of" makes no sense!

... Back on topic (sort of)... Didn't Rummy make a thread about scientology, like, two weeks ago or something?

Couldn't HAVE. One of my pet peeves - people putting "of" instead of "have" or at the very least a "'ve" at the end of what they're saying. Think about the word - "of" makes no sense!

... Back on topic (sort of)... Didn't Rummy make a thread about scientology, like, two weeks ago or something?

Sorry! my excuse is my ex english teacher who sucks

and yeh, he did.

Atheists saying that Scientology shouldn´t be an religion.... If i´m not mistaken if your an atheist then you don´t believe in any religion, right?

So why call it stupid and bitch about it? (not aimed at topic creator)

Scientology demands that people pay if they want to find out more about the "religion". That's what's wrong with it. Their whole belief system is based on making money. They don't give a damn about their members, just about how many there are.

Atheists saying that Scientology shouldn´t be an religion.... If i´m not mistaken if your an atheist then you don´t believe in any religion, right?

So why call it stupid and bitch about it? (not aimed at topic creator)

The topic creator has actually said a couple of times that he is delusional, not an atheist.

As an atheist, I have no problems with Scientology becoming a religion as I don't believe, or adhere to, the "sanctity of religion", which makes religion a trump card.

I don't want to drag this thread off topic, so I will take that point no further.

I really don't want to get involved in this thread, as those of you who have been on this forum for a good while will no that it will result in me posting some mini-essays, and believers leaving with bruised egos...

Scientology is a criminal cult.

Replace "Scientology" with "Christianity", "Islam", or "Judaism" and it still makes sense.

And yes, I know there are others, but these are the main offenders and the ones I am most familiar with.