NEurope
Jimmy3000

WWE Superstar Chris Benoit and family found dead

im flipflopping on this a bit now bound her wife by her feet and hands wat in the hell?!?!?

i respected benoit as he always was one of those people where if he was announced for a match id always look forward to it as 99% of the time it was awesome and you can tell he always but 110% into his matchs

but after these events...im shocked...from page 1 i thought "nah chris wouldnt kill his family" i was deeply saddened and now i wish to give my condolences to benoits family and friends.

Cant beleive that someone who in alot of kids/people out there was a role model is a murderer im sickened yet sad. Part of me hopes he rots in hell yet another part is sad that hes dead its weird.

I wouldn't hope for that, mate. If hell exists, you're going straight to hell yourself for being an Atheist. (I'm an Atheist too btw)

Never have really, Owen Heart and British Bulldog spring to mind.

I cried the night owen hart died. He was literally my favourite wrestler. Much better than his brother but i always thought something was shady about that death.

Mr perfect also was Brillaint ,also died.

It's sad that it is usually the good ones:(

I don't know what to think about this,I will keep an open mind tell i hear more.

Ever thought he might of not been in a fit state of mind? i.e. Mentally ill.

In a weird horrible way I hope you are right, I couldn't imagine Beniot doing that while in a perfectly comprehendable state

I presume they're not going to do the tribute now after these revelations. Makes you think what WWE are going to do, I mean they can't just pretend it never happenned.

I presume they're not going to do the tribute now after these revelations. Makes you think what WWE are going to do, I mean they can't just pretend it never happenned.

Alot is yet to come out of this, I think WWE will keep well away from the Benoit issue, until the dust has settled...

Mmmkay....Don't do drugs, drugs are bad....

This just goes to show that there should be strict doping tests in pro wrestling even if it is just a stage show.

Steroids fuck people up.

Wasn't Vince McMahon sued like 15 years ago for giving his wrestlers steroids or something? Afterwards they pushed smaller superstars like Bret Hart and Shaun Michaels as their flagship wrestlers.

I don't think anyone should be making horrid comments yet, not until we know officialy what happend.

I'm still shocked about all of this. Benoit always was my favorite wrestler.

Excelled at what he did and had a respectable work ethic. Judging from the comments from some of his co-workers, Benoit seemed like a polite and respectable person as well.

I never expected him to do something as horrible as this. The only explanation seems to be mental illness combined with steroid problems. I recall a comment from Eddie Guerrero where he said that he was the only person that Benoit fully trusted.

Without anyone to talk with about his problems, aligned with the behaviour he showed to his wife in 2003, one can only assume that his mind snapped. His steroid issues didn't help matters either.

Nancy and Daniel Benoit, may you rest in peace.:weep:

Chris... I'm not too sure about you.

hes been removed from the front page of wwe.com and his merchdise taken off wweshop.

at the beginning of ecw it said that the 3 hour tribute was done 26 hours before it was said that he killed his wife and son. So they pretty much apolagized and then said that this will be the last time they mention beniot on wwe programming

steroids have been a part of this business for decades. Wrestlers have been on steroids since at least the 1960s, and probably earlier, and you don’t hear about them going nuts and killing their wives and children. You hear about them dying early of enlarged organs, but not double homicide/suicides. To place the blame on steroids is wrong.

Benoit has been wrestling for over 20 years. been dropped on his head, hit with chairs so obviously suffered concussions. this would not of been good for mental health.

Could pro-wrestling in the states have a commission that suspends wrestlers who fail CT scans or who suffer concussions or heavy bodily trauma like they do in MMA?

I don't think it would work as Vince would never let it happen. also what about Indi Wrestlers. they have too work on a constant basis just too feed there families and make a living. Telling an indi wrestler he cannot work for a month would be disastrous.

It's all a bit messed up, everyone who knew Benoit said he wouldn't do such a thing. I want to know what caused him to do it. Christ do I change my mind quickly...

I don't get why people hate murderers. I love Dahmer. =/

I like some murderers. Tracey Andrews FTW!

I just watched the wrestlemania XX match where he won the title. When i first saw it i was really happy for him; look at it now and i just question him...

I always questioned him winning that royal rumble when he entered number 1. Only shawn michaels has ever done that and that was a 30 minute rumble match.:S

I'm finding it very unlikely now to think maybe drugs made him go mad, if he bound his wifes limbs first this shows planning and reason rather than a sudden flash of riod rage.

One of the first things i thought of when i first heard was that he'll likely be inducted into next years Hall of Fame, but now after finding out that he himself was the cause I don't think the WWE would even entertain the notion of it, which is a massive shame as he was well on his way to that. But after what he done i would think the WWE are right to apologies for giving him a tribute show and not want to mention the situation in shows again.

Maybe he was framed?

*benoit fan clutching onto straws*

id like to think that zell but i think the person we have been watching for years is a murderer. police are treating it as a double murder suicide as you prob know and thats that basically :(

putting a bag over his sons head

bounding his wifes legs and arms before strangling her

he then hung himself

never thought in my wildiest dreams that benoit who ive seen wrestle a few times live and countless times on tv could do such a thing.

gunna be so weird as well as with the eddie death there was chants for "EDDIE EDDIE" going on for months hell maybe a year. There was wristbands with "EG" on them. rey meystio would talk about him and wore the armbands to the ring for a long time. There was even t-shirts of eddie after his death (which i brought)...hes also now deservedly in the hall of fame

BUT with benoit hes one of the best wrestlers...EVA! yet he prob wont ever be in the hall of fame because of what he did. WWE or anyone else wouldnt recommend they put him in the hall of fame even thou he is one of the best just because that would be putting a murderer in the hall.

the tribute show was great for the wrestler that was chris benoit but as a person i hope he goes to hell

I don't wish anything on him, because none of us knows what was going through his mind. Like you said, this isn't the Chris Benoit we all came to love. Didn't he celebrate his Wrestlemania win with his wife and kid in the ring? If he really was sick or ill, with Eddie's death, would he have turned to anyone?

I doubt we'll ever know what led this guy to do what he did. Apparantly he wasn't a religious person, so why leave bibles by the bodies of his wife and kid? Why kill your wife one day, your kid the next, and yourself the day after? If he really was sick, should we be so quick to "damn him to hell"? This is pretty tragic, imo.

Within ten years wrestling's had three tragic deaths. All so young as well. Owen Hart died at 34, Eddie Guerrero at 38 and Benoit at 40.