N-Europe

Vista Thread

Guest Jordan

Any new drivers out? Thats probably the reason. Vista's pretty damn good at keeping most wireless signals going.

I downloaded the newest drivers the last time I gave it a go (they were newer than the ones I used the time before) but the same thing still happened.

I'm thinking it might be down to the router partly because it isn't 100% on XP, although it is definitely worse on Vista!

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What wireless adaptor do you guys have?

I have a Netgear WG311T (I think) and for some reason when I use Vista the internet keeps cutting out and I have to reset the adaptor to make it work! I've got that BT Home Hub thing as the router so I dunno if that could be playing a part as well?

It's really annoying as I want to use Vista but get annoyed when the internet cuts out every 30 minutes!

I've got a homehub as well and i reckon that it's probably that that is at fault, mine cuts out occasionally too on all my PCs, vista or not.

I've got a homehub as well and i reckon that it's probably that that is at fault, mine cuts out occasionally too on all my PCs, vista or not.

Ah right, nice to see others have the same problem, bloody BT!

In that case I think I may install Vista.... again!

Edit: Quick question sparks, does your hub do this more often during peak hours (after 6pm and weekends)?

Guest Jordan
Ah right, nice to see others have the same problem, bloody BT!

In that case I think I may install Vista.... again!

Edit: Quick question sparks, does your hub do this more often during peak hours (after 6pm and weekends)?

I know you asked Sparks, but i can pretty much answer this. BT have an awful and overloaded service that will often cut out when load becomes too much. I don't know how this is even acceptable, thank god they're working on that 21st Century Network thing.

More than you'd think Jasper. From figures i've been reading the proportion of Mac users that switch to Windows is about the same as those that switch from Windows to Mac. The difference is that there are more Windows users to begin with ;)

The only real answer is a dual Windows/Mac system or a tripple Windows/Mac/Linux for the truly hardcore!

More than you'd think Jasper. From figures i've been reading the proportion of Mac users that switch to Windows is about the same as those that switch from Windows to Mac. The difference is that there are more Windows users to begin with ;)

The only real answer is a dual Windows/Mac system or a tripple Windows/Mac/Linux for the truly hardcore!

Yet Apple are continually gaining market share-especially in laptops-so i think the balance of 'switchers' from and to OS X is in favor of Apple.

I always thought i'd get XP on my mac, but i just haven't saw a reason to for me yet. Only thing would be games, and hopefully that situations going to be a bit better soon. Anywhoo, Vista . . . WOW . . . <hic>

Guest Jordan
Cool. What about games? i.e. Guild Wars, Battle for Middle-Earth, Zoo Tycoon etc.

99.9% of programs (apps, games etc.) will run on Vista just fine.

Drivers are still a little bit of a bitch mind, but you should have no problem if you have major company products.

Guest Jordan
One question:

Does Windows DVD Maker accept ANY video format?

Yes, afaik.

All you need are the codecs and it should be able to de/encode into it.

Guest Jordan
Is there a way to make it so that Vista Sidebar is still showing when you press the show desktop button?

Right click it >

Properties

Arranagement box:

Tick the = Sidebar is always on top of other windows box.