NEurope

Haha oops. I kind of skimmed over the middle of that sentence and just saw 'input fields'. Ah well, its all working.

Also fun thing to do: go back to the start of this thread. Retro.

Really nice feature: when on the phone if you move the phone toward you the screen comes back. Handy when on phonelines and it says "press x to continue". Not sure what other phones do this but I know my old one didn't, I had to press something first to access the keyboard.

Edited by Ashley

Aaaaaaarg >__< bought this iPhone about 2 years ago and I'm struggling to get a single bar of signal. This really kind of defeats the purpose of getting a £400 phone to have it just sit there doing nothing. Anybody know how I would go about switching service providers with an iPhone? because O2's coverage in my area really sucks. This is kind of pissing me off around this point.

If you're keeping your phone then get a sim-only contract with a decent internet package.

I think you'd be better seeing if you can get a free pg sim from a company to try first, rather than jumping into a contract...

Ask your family what network they are on and how their signal is!

Ask your family what network they are on and how their signal is!

They're all on O2 >__<

So I don't really have anything for comparisons sake. Their signal seems fine though, and mine isn't bad if I stick it next to my window. But if I move it away from there then the signal drops like a sack of bricks

Edited by martinist

They're all on O2 >__<

So I don't really have anything for comparisons sake. Their signal seems fine though, and mine isn't bad if I stick it next to my window. But if I move it away from there then the signal drops like a sack of bricks

pinch their phone and check theirs in the exact same place, if its not the same then chances are its the phone thats dodgy

Nice to see blackberry 6 finally brings blackberrys OS up to scratch its not a game changer by any means but its cool none the less!

Twitter has changed its authorisation method to something called OAuth. which means a lotta mobile apps are being affected...

I emailed HTC about getting a solution, and I got this reply:

Dear hannah,

Thank you for contacting us. In regards to twitter, I can help you with that. HTC is aware of the changes that Twitter has done to their authentication method on their site and now HTC is working to fix the issue in phones running HTC Sense. Q Why does my Twitter application (HTC Sense, Peep Friend Stream) not work anymore? A We know that Peep and Friend Stream are not working for some of you and we want to apologize for this. Please bear with us while our developers are working to fix the issue. Q Is there any way I can use twitter on my phone right now? A [Android] You can either download the twitter application from the Android Market, or go directly to twitter website to use Twitter on your phone. [Windows Mobile] You can go directly to twitter website to use Twitter on your phone. I trust that this resolves your query, please do not hesitate to contact us again if required.

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number 10GBCW36ENA001587.

Sincerely,

Carola

HTC

My browser crashes when I try to post on Twitter. Raging. >_>

There's an official Twitter app on the marketplace which is miles better than the HTC Sense ones.

Considering the desire HD myself. Although I don't know if I should wait a few more months to see what's on the horizon. Some dual core chips are on their way. Kind of hard to image that phones are now more powerful than some of my first PCs.

Orange have stated that Froyo on the Desire is rolling out for customers. Any idea how I find out when...they hit me with Roll Out?

Orange have stated that Froyo on the Desire is rolling out for customers. Any idea how I find out when...they hit me with Roll Out?

Ask Orange.

I got mine on Saturday. Sometimes it can take a while for the update to pop up. If you go into settings --> about phone --> System software updates you can manually start the process if the update is available.

Must say froyo is sooooooo worth it. Browser speed is noticeably improved, performance in games like Ex zeus is noticeably improved. Apps to SD works like a treat on the space limited desire. Added a flashlight app from HTC, some crap that doesn't work from t-mobile too. Flash is awesome, watched the inbetweeners on seesaw, and some documentaries on current.tv.

The wifi hotspot feature is pretty cool too I've used it quite a bit. I've also been using chrome to phone quite a lot at work to take articles I've been reading on my pc with me on my way to my lunch break.

Will be well worth the wait when it drops. You orange customers just need to moan a little more.

I got mine on Saturday. Sometimes it can take a while for the update to pop up. If you go into settings --> about phone --> System software updates you can manually start the process if the update is available.

Must say froyo is sooooooo worth it. Browser speed is noticeably improved, performance in games like Ex zeus is noticeably improved. Apps to SD works like a treat on the space limited desire. Added a flashlight app from HTC, some crap that doesn't work from t-mobile too. Flash is awesome, watched the inbetweeners on seesaw, and some documentaries on current.tv.

The wifi hotspot feature is pretty cool too I've used it quite a bit. I've also been using chrome to phone quite a lot at work to take articles I've been reading on my pc with me on my way to my lunch break.

Will be well worth the wait when it drops. You orange customers just need to moan a little more.

Thanks for the heads up - I'm just downloading the update now.

Forgot to mention the update depending on carrier is around 80-90MB, so unless you have a sizeable 3g connection and good reception like me wifi all the way. Also you need about 25MB of free space for the update to install.

Oh and do you need to back up or anything first? Does it wipe everything and start afresh?

There is a setting you can check first, I can't tell you exactly where it is as the menu options in 2.2 are different. But I think it's in setting --> privacy.