NEurope

For Spotify you'll need to pay £9.99 a month. Although HTC phones have a perfectly good standard music player anyway.

Well to be honest I'd only have the odd song or two on there for custom ringtones, alarms and in case of emergency (like during photo shoots as happened a few weeks ago). I'd rather use my iPod than drain my phone battery.

Its why I don't understand the whole "but x (typically the iPhone) can do everything in one device!" Yeah that's great but then you have to recharge it all the freaking time. I don't feel the extra weight of carrying around my iPod and a (superior) compact camera.

Clarification please

Now I know with T-mobile if you have an Android phone the internet usage is bumped to 3GB. Now is that IF you have an internet allowance in the first place (like I presume it is) or just if you have an Android (as someone else has suggested). And as far as I can tell the only way you can have internet on a T-mobile bundle is to have their unlimited internet booster yes?

Will contact T-Mobile myself tomorrow and check but thought I'd see if anyone in this neck of the woods knew.

Not fully sure of what you mean there ash but I'll just tell you how it was for me. My HTC desire was sold to me with internet included. The way T-mobile put it across was that you NEED a data plan for the android phone to function. They offer several boosters with my plan one of them is the internet booster, but as I've got it included in my plan already I went for unlimited texts. The booster can be changed on a monthly basis.

Most pay monthly plans t-mobile offer include data. The booster really is for non android phones which get the 1GB data as standard where you may need the extra allowance if you're a heavy user.

So in a nutshell, if t-mobile sell you an android phone, they sell it to you with the data plan attached. Included is an except from the t-mobile website for the android based SE x10:

This phone needs our Internet Booster, giving you unlimited internet.

Clever phones like this needs the internet for their 'always-on' internet connection, internet will be included in your price plan, so you can choose a different Flexible Booster.

Hope that helps but it probably just made you more confused. Will review this post after much needed sleep.

Only problem is on their website the android phone plans suck now. I got mine for £129 on a £20 a month, 18 month contract. For that I get 300 mins and unlimited texts with my chosen booster.

Link to some deals: http://www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk/Brands/HTC/b509/n447/p31043.aspx?affiliate=affiliate_future&aff_id=23153&affiliate=affiliate_future&aff_id=23153

£30 cashback by going through topcashback: http://www.topcashback.co.uk/mobile_phones_direct/

Edited by Ten10

What would you say is currently the best Android phone on the market? I'm getting pretty pissed off at how slowly my iPhone 3G runs (had it 2 years now) and i'm looking to get either the iPhone 4 or an Android phone...

What would you say is currently the best Android phone on the market? I'm getting pretty pissed off at how slowly my iPhone 3G runs (had it 2 years now) and i'm looking to get either the iPhone 4 or an Android phone...

Probably the Desire. Although the Galaxy S may dethrone it.

Edit:

Galaxy S video recording (make sure you change to 720p)

Edited by Cube

Shame its only on Vodaphone (and thus no competitive pricing). Presuming its coming to others at some point?

It's between the Galaxy S and the desire. Galaxy S has better graphics capability and has a super amoled screen. However there are certain parts about the Galaxy S hardware that for some make the desire a better option.

I'm hoping to do a brief run down on the top android handsets in the android appreciate thread later on this week, each with a pros + cons list with a link to a in depth review.

Shame its only on Vodaphone (and thus no competitive pricing). Presuming its coming to others at some point?

It could be a time sensitive review as T-mobile had a 2 month exclusivity period. But I think with vodaphone handsets seem to have a greater period of exclusivity as I don't think any other carrier has the nexus one.

Anyone know the cheapest blackberry contract I can get? My girlfriend moves to canada and we figured BBM was the easiest way to keep in touch and she has a blackberry or access to one when shes there...we've tried doing emailing but sometimes there is a delay...dunno if its her end or mine, i blame nokia email messaging thingy...

will that still have internet usage? Am I right in thinking internet usage is different to being able to access Blackberry Services? Because if not I could just sell my n900 and get a blackberry and just put my sim in would it work? I have unlimited internet package

I thought BBIM is included anyway. The site says "Includes unlimited BlackBerry data and Wi-Fi" which I presume is BBIM. Phone O2? But if it does yeah prob best to get an old BB from ebay/gumtree/CEX/place of choice.

how come not all blackberry sites have 3G listed as a feature how the hell would I access things like BBM on the move where I have no access to wireless networks without 3G?!

BBIM is unlimited. Each Blackberry has it's own unique pin which you need to add someone as a contact. A lot of older Blackberry's didn't come with 3G or Wifi, it was either one or none. Only recent releases come with both, like my one the Bold 9700. 3G isn't needed for BBIM, as everything is sent over the Blackberry pin network.

My mother is considering getting an old iPhone and sticking her contract sim in as she's not happy with her phone. However, does she need some form of iPhone sim or will her current O2 contract one be okay? She won't be looking to go on the net anyway so that's fine but I didn't know if it would accept any sim.

Cheers.

My mother is considering getting an old iPhone and sticking her contract sim in as she's not happy with her phone. However, does she need some form of iPhone sim or will her current O2 contract one be okay? She won't be looking to go on the net anyway so that's fine but I didn't know if it would accept any sim.

Cheers.

That will work fine. If she decides to use another network sim she'll need the phone unlocked.

Well I've just ordered a Desire...

With Dial-a-phone though (as the had the best offer for me) and I've heard some iffy things about them (but then the occasional great thing so...) Just got to wait and see. Got a confirmation email so that's one step ahead of some people who have had problems!

100 mins, unlimited texts, push email, 500 MB internet 18 months (total cost £375).

Minutes may seem low but of the 90 minutes I've used in the last month 60 of those have been to my friend who is on Orange so I can just magic number her. Only other person I ring with any regularity is my mother so I can just get her to ring me if needed :p (I live such a rock and roll life) Calculated this will only cost me £100 more than what I'd pay for the same period on Simplicity (300 mins, 600 text, no net) so that's okay.

Annoyingly the earliest they can deliver is Monday. Was hoping to show it off/play with it while bored on Father's Day.

BBIM is unlimited. Each Blackberry has it's own unique pin which you need to add someone as a contact. A lot of older Blackberry's didn't come with 3G or Wifi, it was either one or none. Only recent releases come with both, like my one the Bold 9700. 3G isn't needed for BBIM, as everything is sent over the Blackberry pin network.

So can you still get on the internet on the move through the blackberry network? alot of the phones seem to boast mobile web browsering where ever you want without any mention of 3G or even wifi?!!

I'm looking at getting either the storm or the earlier bold. I can't afford the new Bold 9700 unless I get a lot of money for n900.

Also Blackberry Messenger works through a normal 2G connection right? Also the blackberry PIN number system is international? its just looking like the best way to communicate with my girlfriend in canada.

Edited by flameboy

So can you still get on the internet on the move through the blackberry network? alot of the phones seem to boast mobile web browsering where ever you want without any mention of 3G or even wifi?!!

It's probably the old, barely-functioning WAP kind of internet.

I believe BlackBerry Messenger works through the same signal as texts and phone calls. My workmate had a BlackBerry and he had to phone his mobile network and get them to switch the BlackBerry features on.

It's probably the old, barely-functioning WAP kind of internet.

I believe BlackBerry Messenger works through the same signal as texts and phone calls. My workmate had a BlackBerry and he had to phone his mobile network and get them to switch the BlackBerry features on.

yeah from what I have heard I do need to ring up and ask them to do so. Just it seems to be the only way of communicating via text etc..with the missus in canada...

so now to decide whether to get the bold 9700 or the storm 2 and where to sell my n900 to....

I'm looking at getting either the storm or the earlier bold. I can't afford the new Bold 9700 unless I get a lot of money for n900.

Also Blackberry Messenger works through a normal 2G connection right? Also the blackberry PIN number system is international? its just looking like the best way to communicate with my girlfriend in canada.

The blackberry network isn't for internet, so you'd still need to use Edge, wifi, 3g or whatever you have. The pin number is international, so you can use it for anyone who has a Blackberry across the world.

I'm glad the wifi topic came up, I'm on orange and about to change to a blackberry curve and with my contract only being 22.50 for 500 meg of internet I was wondering if I'd go over each month, I tend to check facebook everyday, but I wouldn't be on it all day if it's mobile.

Is there a way to check you aren't going over?

Also how does blackberry internet work, I have no clue on 3g or what 2g stands for etc..

I'm glad the wifi topic came up, I'm on orange and about to change to a blackberry curve and with my contract only being 22.50 for 500 meg of internet I was wondering if I'd go over each month, I tend to check facebook everyday, but I wouldn't be on it all day if it's mobile.

Is there a way to check you aren't going over?

Also how does blackberry internet work, I have no clue on 3g or what 2g stands for etc..

I can check online and I'm with Vodafone. TBH you're not going to go over it unless you're doing music streaming. I very rarely go over 100mb and I use facebook and Twitter all the time. Blackberry internet just works the same as any other mobile web experience, 3G and 2G just refer to a family of standards that make up mobile communications, like for 3G it's higher data speeds, wireless data, video calls etc. 2G came before 3G (duh) and is just an older standard that is more found more widely through the uk but is obviously a fair bit slower than the newer standard.

Edited by Jon

i went over 500mb the last month and got an email of vodafone after they changedc theor unlimited to 500mb bastards!

i went over 500mb the last month and got an email of vodafone after they changedc theor unlimited to 500mb bastards!

I never get anywhere near it. What do use get that sort of usage?

I never get anywhere near it. What do use get that sort of usage?

i think its namely because i have not had internet at home for last 2 weeks so used it lots lol!

back to my previous question does blackberry messenger work through 2G? so not added to regular data allowance?

EDIT I aske because curve is way cheaper but lacks 3G!

i think its namely because i have not had internet at home for last 2 weeks so used it lots lol!

back to my previous question does blackberry messenger work through 2G? so not added to regular data allowance?

EDIT I aske because curve is way cheaper but lacks 3G!

It works on every Blackberry and is nothing to do with 2G, 3G, 27G or any other type of G's you can think off.