NEurope

I'd take the Milestone 2 over the Desire Z personally, though I don't think the Milestone is out yet.

Oh, fuck.

I broke my HTC HD2s screen :(:(

My idiot of a sister dropped it :@

I've seen a replacement screen for about £35-40ish on eBay, how easy is it to repair yourself? Does anyone have any experience of such a thing?

Just a heads up to anyone with a 3 contract.

I'm 12 months into my 24 month contract and lately I've been having really bad signal, since about August infact. Anyway yesterday I gave them a ring to complain and gave them a few postcodes where signal was bad. It turns out that since August they'd scrapped the 2G service across the country so whenever I wasn't in a 3G area i would get no signal at all.

Anyway long story short, they let me out my contract without charge and I get to keep my phone. Win :)

I dropped my phone down the toilet on NYE. Thus, irritatingly, I need a new phone. Had a Samsung Toccio Lite, which I really quite liked, so something like that, though I'd quite like wifi.

Any thoughts? Looking to spend around £150.

I have an Orange San Fran. I lurve it. Unlocked, rooted, custom-rom. Super duper. But apparently build quality varies widely. (I got a good one!)

Yeah my friend has a San Francisco and after a month or two the unlock button on it broke and orange had to send him a new one. That said, if it does break the company will pretty much have to replace it, so the only downside is the hassle.

Whats so special about it?

I'm also looking at getting a new phone, was thinking of HTC Desire, but what would y'all recommend?

I bought the San Francisco a week ago. Like Odwin I've unlocked it (very easy) and also installed a custom Rom (again quite easy).

Basically it acts like a phone worth a lot more than it actually costs. The camera is the only negative, it is very bad. This doesn't really effect me though as I never user a phone camera.

I bought the San Francisco a week ago. Like Odwin I've unlocked it (very easy) and also installed a custom Rom (again quite easy).

Basically it acts like a phone worth a lot more than it actually costs. The camera is the only negative, it is very bad. This doesn't really effect me though as I never user a phone camera.

So you'd recommend over the HTC Desire?

So you'd recommend over the HTC Desire?

If you aren't bothered about using high-spec Apps and games, then it's well worth the £200-£400 saving.

Get the Desire Smell so we can be phone buddies!

In fairness you can get it on fairly cheap monthly deals now.

Get the Orange San Francisco over the HTC Wildfire. The HTC Desire range trumps them all. Perhaps see what deals are on the HD or Z though.

Yeah I've been persuaded to look at getting a Windows 7 phone because they look awesome and should actually come in handy at work (that's just an excuse).

Samsung Omnia 7 looks most enticing.

Why would a Windows 7 phone come in handy at work?

Speaking of phones at work, my HTC Hero has saved the day a few times at work. We had massive problems getting the internet working when we moved location (mainly due to BT trying to activate the broadband the day before they installed the phone line) so I used my phone's internet and let necessary people connect to it via WiFi to share it.

One of our USB WiFi dongles also stopped working. While we were waiting for a new one, my phone acted as a temporary WiFi dongle.

What little I know of you upcoming job Smelliot I'd say a Blackberry or iPhone would be more at home.

Well my trusty Tokio kicked back into life after a good airing cupboard trip! What a battler!

Still, having looked I now do quite want a San Fransisco... only 90 quid from Argos!

Well the noob within me assumed you could look at documents via microsoft word etc.

But really, the was just a facade for wanting such a cool phone. Iphone is expensive, and a blackberry is too boring.

Heeeence the Desire :p

You can view office files on there I believe. I have an app called QuickOffice that lets me read Office files. Although I can't seem to write them but there may be another app for that.

The full version of QuickOffice (£6.50ish) lets you edit stuff, and there's DocumentsToGo (just under £10).

The other option is uploading stuff to Google Docs - you can edit them from Android's browser.

And I'm sure a full blown google docs app can't be too far down the line. At least in a labs experiment capacity a la Google listen.

I pointlessly made a thread over on general without thinking about coming here.

I want a "nice"/"fancy" (relative to my falling apart phone) phone, for the first time in my life. I want it to be under £200. In fact, as close to £100 as possible. I don't understand phones or pricing. I just want the handset, not fancy contracts (I don't think).

Tell me what I want.

I pointlessly made a thread over on general without thinking about coming here.

I want a "nice"/"fancy" (relative to my falling apart phone) phone, for the first time in my life. I want it to be under £200. In fact, as close to £100 as possible. I don't understand phones or pricing. I just want the handset, not fancy contracts (I don't think).

Tell me what I want.

Orange San Fransisco fits that description perfectly (90 quid on payasugo) and everyone on here seems to love it. I want it but can't quite justify it from what I have already.

orange_san_francisco-540x457.jpg