NEurope

*pretends to not notice apple arguement*

guys, getting a new phone tomorrow, and there are so many out, i'm confused on what to get!

Basically, I need a nice looking phone, good amount of memory, nice interface, large screen, and blah blah. Oh and not fussed about the camera.

budget it around the £200 mark.

I'm looking at the Sony Ericsson W910i.....yes? No? Alternatives?

Thanks guys ^_^

what would you be using the memory for then if you arent bothered about the camera? Its a decent choice but then again SE have been really good to me lately in terms of reliable phones etc

what would you be using the memory for then if you arent bothered about the camera? Its a decent choice but then again SE have been really good to me lately in terms of reliable phones etc

Music? Seeing as my bloody iPod Touch doesn't have speakers :indeed:

Sounds like you want a unlocked iPhone tbh. Esp with the good amount of memory, large screen etc. But you have your iPod so moooo.

Why do you want it to play music through the speakers?

He wants that feature.. why would you want to convince him otherwise? Kinda like the people in the phone shops who trys to tell you what YOU want.. Terrible.

Playing music through speakers? I use it for when I am in the shower, just leave it on the side blasting out some tunes. Useful feature. Moreso than and accelerometer.

I would go for an SE caus they are known for their loud speakers!

guys, getting a new phone tomorrow, and there are so many out, i'm confused on what to get!

Basically, I need a nice looking phone, good amount of memory, nice interface, large screen, and blah blah. Oh and not fussed about the camera.

Thanks guys ^_^

I remember the W810i being a pretty solid phone. You might wanna think about the N series most of those have stereo speakers if what you want is a phone with a pair of loud ones.

You'de be best going into a store and checking some of the models out till you find one you like.

Think I'm gunna stick to my choice of the W910i.

Although I will check some others out while I'm there ^_^

Thanks guys!

Apple are a business. they believe they can make more money doing the iphone without features many other phones have. And its working.

People complaining about it won't change their mind. Apple have always been like this. However, i expected a new iphone revision this year. 5mp camera, MMS, video capture and GPS. Don't expect it to come cheap though...

Apple are a business. they believe they can make more money doing the iphone without features many other phones have. And its working.

People complaining about it won't change their mind. Apple have always been like this. However, i expected a new iphone revision this year. 5mp camera, MMS, video capture and GPS. Don't expect it to come cheap though...

Apple are normally really good about pricing their revisions. Look at the iPod Classic for example, the 160GB model is the same price as the old 80GB model. I'm hoping that the prices will just be the same whenever they release it (and it will have 3G which is what I'm waiting for!).

Thanks guys!

if that's the phone I'm thinking of then its had problems with it crashing. My friend got one last week and he returned it and got a different one.

Thanks guys!

Don't buy it! It's shite!

Sorry, but it really is. My Dad warned me off buying one a few months ago because they are really unreliable (he runs a mobile phone repair centre, so he has a pretty good idea about what phones break the most :p). My ex GF had one too, and after using it ia was really, really glad i didn't buy it. Cheap, flimsy feeling thing...

Don't buy it! It's shite!

Sorry, but it really is. My Dad warned me off buying one a few months ago because they are really unreliable (he runs a mobile phone repair centre, so he has a pretty good idea about what phones break the most :p). My ex GF had one too, and after using it ia was really, really glad i didn't buy it. Cheap, flimsy feeling thing...

I think it looks quite nice and its got some nice features but I've read loads of reviews saying it switches itself off all the time.

I think it looks quite nice and its got some nice features but I've read loads of reviews saying it switches itself off all the time.

There's that problem, and it's also quite badly made. The casing feels cheap, the phone is very light and the back cover is liable to breaking.

It's not terrible, but it's certainly not worth £150+ of anyones money. When i had the cance to use it i really wasn't impressed, it didn't seem as good as the W810i, and there's about £100 between them :wtf:

I think Sony's camera phones are better quality to be honest, which is the one my friend has decided to upgrade to instead.

Thanks guys ^_^

Something like the Nokia 6500 Slide maybe?

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-6500slide-en.shtml

I went for the W910i in the end, thanks for the warning and everything guys, but if it cocks up i'm gunna just switch it for another model!

But I have to say, i love the phone, it's so sexy! Oh and the music quality through the headphones are iPod quality, and the 1gig memory card that comes with it is much welcomed.

I also got a memory stick with the phone....for some reason?

Oh but something that pissed me off, the cd that came with the phone, with all the software to transfer stuff too and from isn't compatible with Mac OS. So Im having to use bluetooth to do it =/

Haven't had any problems with the phone so far, battery life seems to be superb, and I love how big the screen is, everythings so pretty ^_^

Just hoping it doesn't let me down, cuz it's such a beautiful thing!

I went for the W910i in the end, thanks for the warning and everything guys, but if it cocks up i'm gunna just switch it for another model!

But I have to say, i love the phone, it's so sexy! Oh and the music quality through the headphones are iPod quality, and the 1gig memory card that comes with it is much welcomed.

I also got a memory stick with the phone....for some reason?

Oh but something that pissed me off, the cd that came with the phone, with all the software to transfer stuff too and from isn't compatible with Mac OS. So Im having to use bluetooth to do it =/

Haven't had any problems with the phone so far, battery life seems to be superb, and I love how big the screen is, everythings so pretty ^_^

Just hoping it doesn't let me down, cuz it's such a beautiful thing!

Glad you're pleased with it. Getting a new phone is always nice.... but iPod quality earphones is nothing to boast about in most cases. :heh:

Glad you're pleased with it. Getting a new phone is always nice.... but iPod quality earphones is nothing to boast about in most cases. :heh:

Noo...I'm not referring to the headphones, I don't use Apple headphones with my iPod anyway..

If you plug the phone into a computer and select "Transfer Files" on the phone then it'll work like a generic USB storage device (with access to both the phone's memory and card).

Hullo,

I'm looking for a phone. I don't care about music, or internet stuff. I would like just a small phone with good contacts and calendar (what an exciting thing to be looking for!) - I was hoping I'd nab some sort of Smartphone cheap off eBay - but most cheap ones (£80 or less) seem pretty old. I loved my P800 what I had it many moons ago, I was considering the P990i, but I think it's a tad chunky.

Any suggestions?

Its really lame and fanboyish but I really want a Sidekick Slide.

Right I'm due an upgrade on my flex contract and don't know what to get! Basically want something thats good for browsing the internet and has a good camera, music power doesnt really matter as own an ipod.

EDIT;

Should say currently own a Sony Ericsson W850i

I have completely and utterly fallen under the LG secret (KF750) Spell, it looks amazing and sounds amazing, and it actually looks like it is doing what LG says it does such as the no scratch screen