N-Europe

Soul Calibur IV

Retro_Link

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll probably be something like Siera Zaado when the come to translate it. Like Jordan say, she looks interesting...in a good way me thinks.

Kotaku have translated the name as "Scheherazade" which is strange since the last character is "do".

I still don't know which version to get...........:(

Scheherazade is a Persian girl.

I think its pronounced as Sek-here-zar-da.

Forgive me, I seem to be coming down with a fever of stupidity recently.:indeed:

I'm leaning toward the PS3 version because the d-pad on the 360 is an atrocity...but I really want Yoda. Yawn @ Vader. I REALLY want Darth Maul though.

Guest Jordan

I've always found that Soul Calibur is meant for analogue sticks. Call me nieve, but the 8 way run doesn't work well on a D pad.

Yeah, it might seem a bit weird but I normally switched between the two on the Dreamcast.

I guess I'll wait and hope that there is a demo on each console to try it out. I probably will get the PS3 version because I doubt I'm going to renew my Live membership.

I would be approximately 100% more interested in this game if it wasn't giving Team Ninja a run for its money in the 'ridiculous fetishistic breast size' stakes. It has genuinely put me off the game, and I know I'm not the only one.

Still, I like Kilik's new design.

Tits sell games, we all know that. That's why Tomb Raider was so successful despite it being shite!

Tomb Raider was amazing at the time.

Tbh, if you are looking at their tits while you are fighting your going to lose. I did a match with Taki vs Sophitia and its not noticeable. The breast size is nowhere near a vague issue to be a deal breaker.

It doesn't impact the game per se, but it's just so needless and childish that it puts me off buying the thing.

Think of it like this: if all the men had gigantic, gelatinous genitals that swung all over the place, would the game be more palatable if such a 'feature' were removed?

Played this today - was good fun. The only other game in the series I own is Soul Calibur 2. It's just more of the same obvioulsy. Pretty smooth, but the resolution was a bit shitty.

Yeah, they really didn't hook them up very well. I loved those massive 60 inch TVs! :heh:

I would be approximately 100% more interested in this game if it wasn't giving Team Ninja a run for its money in the 'ridiculous fetishistic breast size' stakes. It has genuinely put me off the game, and I know I'm not the only one.

Still, I like Kilik's new design.

I agree. If it wasn't one of my favourite multiplayer games of all time, I'd be avoiding it on bullshit stakes. As it is, I'm just gonna have to embarrass myself at the shop (it's clearly gonna have some form of ridiculous tits on the cover) and hope the quality is still there.

Tomb Raider was amazing at the time.

Hand me a clock, and show me at what time!

I really hope they ditch all the useless modes that SC3 had. Just make it like SC2, with pretty graphics please.

Pretty graphics with pretty girlies with big jugs... :grin:

Fuck! My perverted side has escaped! :shakehead

Anyway, I'm getting this because it is SOUL CALIBUR 4. I've got the other three, be a crime if I didn't get this...