Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont really like Brown at right back for England, I dont think hes good enough.

As the commentators have said aswell Rooney doesnt seem to have enough discipline to play up on his own for England, drifting back way too often.

Gerrard seems to be doing ok, I dont usually think he plays that well for England but today seems a bit better.

Dont really like Brown at right back for England, I dont think hes good enough.

As the commentators have said aswell Rooney doesnt seem to have enough discipline to play up on his own for England, drifting back way too often.

Gerrard seems to be doing ok, I dont usually think he plays that well for England but today seems a bit better.

Yeah I say Glen Johnson should have been given the chance with Richards and G.Neville out...

I didnt really like the amount of changes that were made, I know he wants to try out different people but its the same type of the Sven used to do and I dont think it helps the team as a whole.

Personally I would have taken off either Barry or Hargreaves and stuck on Owen or Crouch while moving Gerrard back a bit and see how that went.

Pretty awful match, we where shit France weren't much better (Ribery aside). Was a typical friendly nobody really looked arsed understandable with a pointless friendly so close to the end of the season. we looked better in 4-5-1 in the first half then the 4-4-2 in the 2nd half.

No one seemed up for it, they were just going through the motions. It seems hard to motivate them.

I'm glad for Beckham, and even though I like Bentley very much, he was poor once he came on.

I don't like Crouch. Yes he does little flicks and has good control around the edge of the box but he doesnt make runs, thinks his job is done after 1 pass and generally walks about. He should be much better in the air than he is too.

We beat France and you didn't.

Twice, home and away. :)

Scotland were terrible last night to be honest. Reminds be of the Berti Vogts era again. The atmosphere at the stadium was absolutely horrific. No one was making any effort at all. People around us turned round and looked at us when we started singing some songs too. No banter at all in the queue for the train or even on the train.

Last time I go to a friendly match.

Didn't get semi final tickets whole thing has been a bit of fuck up. They originally said on the PFC site that all the 6,000 tickets in this final phase were earmarked for people who have on their database and have a buying history in the last X number of years...

Log on to Ticketmaster and it askes for client reference number which is fair enough have had the same one for years...type it in only to find that you must be PFC Member to use the online system which was not mentioned up to this point and was not mentioned last night when I rang to confrirm my reference number and ask for the procedure. No longer living in pompey don't really get the benefits of being a PFC Member so stopped being one years ago...

So sit on the phone for gone 2 hours without getting through only to finally be given a message saying the tickets are sold out and not to remain on the line as there will be no one to help with my enquiry...

It's saturday and there's no activity in the football thread? Not good enough.

Today's fixtures:

Birmingham v Man City, 15:00

Bolton v Arsenal, 15:00

Derby v Fulham, 15:00

Man Utd v Aston Villa, 17:15

Portsmouth v Wigan, 15:00

Reading v Blackburn, 15:00

Sunderland v West Ham, 15:00

But of course the real action is tomorrow:

Chelsea v Middlesbrough, 13:30

Liverpool v Everton, 16:00

Tottenham v Newcastle, 15:00

It's saturday and there's no activity in the football thread? Not good enough.

There's only activity when Man utd win.

As for todays matches, we need a good performance and a result, we've been shit since the San Siro.

Hope Derby don't go down today :( Would be a shame to set a new record of a team being relegated in March :(

Hope Sunderland beat West Ham today :) We haven't had a back-to-back premier league win in about two years! :(

EDIT!!!

DERBY!! GOAL !

West Ham just hit the post :(

I fancy Derby getting the win today actually.

My part ownership team Ebbsfleet just went 1-0 up, my main man long. :)

Anyway should be a comfortable win for united tonight. Haven't lost to villa in a long time and we are on a high after the liverpool match. Could be some changes in the lineup due to champs league but still should get the win.....I hope.

Bolton 1-0 up :D

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!