Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

quite disappointed to be honest, the game was ours for the taking.

we played and created clear cut chances while their goals were scrappy. clearly they didnt win and neither was it in arsenal style.

as fergie said....

"We produced some good football for our goals but their goals were a bit scrappy. It's unlike Arsenal. They normally score goals from good passing movements. Today they were slashing the ball in the box and getting goals from it."

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1778_2846608,00.html

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was all us in every respect, we had more shots and posession. We just went to sleep and Man Utd scored two good goals. Both could've been stopped just like ours. A draw was a fair result.

But once again the old drunk Ferguson makes a **** of himself.

"Their second goal came from him not giving a free-kick for a foul on Louis Saha on the far side. It should've been a foul for us."

Yes Alex, just like the foul on Hleb for your first you hypocritical arse hat.

we played and created two clear cut chances while their goals were scrappy. clearly they didnt win and neither was it in arsenal style.

Corrected.

another negative performance by Liverpool. Rafa really needs to stop this negative scared to lose football. It is shameful and not what Liverpool FC is about.

actually, its what liverpool actually are about. they have been like this for over 8 seasons. i dont know any other liverpool, do you?

its the big match for villa next week...

get in there lads!

I had work today, which meant I could only watch the second half of the game in my lunch break.

From what I saw, Arsenal had lots of the possession, but didn't seem to do all that much with it. Anderson and Evra had pretty good games, and Saha looked bright when he came on.

Overall, I think a 2-2 result probably was fair, as neither did enough to win it. Although, as you could imagine, I was almost in tears when Arsenal equalised. To make matters worse, its an ex-Chelsea player, too. Fucking typical.

Flinky back in the football thread it was chaos when you left it flinky dear god it was bad actually it was a bit mental when u were still around so thast a lie but nice to see you back lol.

Oh my team sheffiled wed I think for the first time this season arent in the relgation zone! BOOYAH!

Guest Stefkov

Wow. I predicted a 4-0 loss for Newcastle to Chuck on Xbox Live. I didn't even kow they'd played.

To my surprise, early this morning watching Sky Sports news...they lost 4-1. I was well chuffed.

quite disappointed to be honest, the game was ours for the taking.

we played and created clear cut chances while their goals were scrappy. clearly they didnt win and neither was it in arsenal style.

as fergie said....

"We produced some good football for our goals but their goals were a bit scrappy. It's unlike Arsenal. They normally score goals from good passing movements. Today they were slashing the ball in the box and getting goals from it."

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/sto...846608,00.html

First of all, I don't see how you can be dissapointed.... One of your goals came only because Gallas was quite unfortunate in the fact that Rooney COMPLETELY miss kicked the ball right into him.

The other goal came from amazingly stupid play by Almunia for the third time in the game. He had no reason to charge down Evra..... Although I can't really say you were lucky for that.....

I don't really think you could say both of Arsenal's first goals were scrappy. The first one had an adebayour chance saved and then the ball played into Fabre's feet who slotted it in..... Not scrappy, not spectacular.. A normal goal.

The second goal maybe a bit as it came from a miss kick from Walcott (who should have scored himself from Clichy's awesome cross) which came to Gallas..... What happened after was scrappy, but, really the goal itself was no more scrappy then Man U's first.

Saying it was there for the taking is stupid. It was no more open to you then Arsenal... Well obviously you were winning with 2 mins left, but, when has that ever meant anything? A goal takes 1 second.... We had plenty left.

You defo played no better then Arsenal though. Man U had a better defensive game and Arsenal had a better attacking game.... Man U were more clinical whilst Arsenal had more chances.....

Things even out. A draw seemed fair to me.

Flinky back in the football thread it was chaos when you left it flinky dear god it was bad actually it was a bit mental when u were still around so thast a lie but nice to see you back lol.

Oh my team sheffiled wed I think for the first time this season arent in the relgation zone! BOOYAH!

Haden, hows about taking harribo's place as the resident Owl in this thread? :smile: