NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2007/2008

True, but when you played us we were also missing key players through injury with Faye, Owen, Cacapa and Duff all sidelined along with no-so-key-but-stop-you-having-to-play-good-players-out-of-position squad members like Ramage, Carr and Babayaro

Boro are also lacking key players, although mainly because they don't have them in the first place rather than through injury ;)

I'm not knocking the teams who have taken points from us, Newcastle and Middlesborough both raised their games, and deserved what they got.

I was just explaining a possible reason why we have performed to our maximum.

I'm hoping Frank Lampard gets his 100th Chelsea goal against Arsenal this weekend. They said on MotD that he's currently on 98, so one in midweek would put him to 99... paving the way for fate on Sunday afternoon.

I'm hoping Frank Lampard gets his 100th Chelsea goal against Arsenal this weekend. They said on MotD that he's currently on 98, so one in midweek would put him to 99... paving the way for fate on Sunday afternoon.

100 goals, only 3 of those didn't hit someone else before crossing the line. ;)

I heard that statistic to. Seeing as Giggs only just got his 100th league goal, I was quite surprised to see hes on 98 already.

Ramar I was expecting a joke about only 3 of his goals not being from a penalty :p

Bring on the arsenal! we can do eeet!

100 goals, only 3 of those didn't hit someone else before crossing the line. ;)

ROFL. so true!

back on topic, when we lost to bolton we had ronaldo, roony and vidic missing so no complaints, having injuries is no excuse, you are slowing down and seen falling, you can see that through the games you played.

slavia praha - shambolic

wigan - won but did not play well

seville - alves crushed you (even though you had players rested)

villa - arsenal were poor in that game, especially 2nd half

newcastle - no need to comment

boro - poor preformace by arsenal again

now dont get me wrong, playing bad and digging results is a sign of a great team but 5 games on the trot? that shows cracks.

Expecting chelsea to really hurt you next sunday especially that they found their footing again.

We were all over Wigan! I was at that game my boy, we had them all game. Just didn't score until late.

Villa first half was immense football.

The CL games especially Sevilla are hardly judgeable, we rested lots of players. Against Sevilla we had 7 first team players out.

Tbh I don't disagree, if we play like we have been against Chelsea we may be in trouble. I'm hoping they'll step it up against Steau on Wednesday. The last game I'm going to until the 1st.

Hleb and Fabregas are hugely important without them we are short in creativity cos Rosicky has shown he isn't much of a creative playmaker like them, he's been poor lately when we needed him most. Even more important than Van Persie even.

Though we had Flamini in the second half against Villa we still struggled that is how important they are.

I heard that statistic to. Seeing as Giggs only just got his 100th league goal, I was quite surprised to see hes on 98 already.

Ramar I was expecting a joke about only 3 of his goals not being from a penalty :p

Bring on the arsenal! we can do eeet!

Giggs was different since his was 100 league goals, but Lampard's are in all competitions

Giggs was different since his was 100 league goals, but Lampard's are in all competitions

Plus Giggs is a quality player, Lampard never stepped up to the table.

Also hope Liverpool lose tonight.

Plus, Giggs got those 100 goals for Manchester United, and them alone. He is the epitomy of loyalty.

I'm going to the Emirates tommorow for the first time hope it's got a few goals in it at least and Van Persie plays.

It's apparently going to be FREEZING tommorow night..

I'm going to the Emirates tommorow for the first time hope it's got a few goals in it at least and Van Persie plays.

It's apparently going to be FREEZING tommorow night..

I'm going too. Block 99 as usual, I'll be the dick wearing an Arsenal santas hat.

Robin van Persie is also going to be involved. The Dutch striker has not been seen in an Arsenal shirt since October 7 because of a knee problem.

“He is OK,” said Wenger. “He will be in the squad tomorrow. I have not yet made a decision if he will start but he could play some part

Looks like RVP could be sub, positive he won't start. And Lehmann's playing.

liverpool were simply amazing.

if they played like that week in week out, they would walk to premier league.

the thing is, they won't. :blank:

Yeah, business as usual for the Pool tonight. Great result and just what the doctor ordered, that Reading match aside, we've been on some great form so lets hope we can carry it through to the weekend! 4-0 tonight, oh yes. Zenden and Cisse thought they could throw a spanner in the works but it wasn't to be.

Typical Rangers bottling it tonight. Kinda mixed emotions about it. On one hand, haha rangers are shit. On the other, it woulda been good for Scottish football to have both go through.

Aye, I thought Rangers woulda got it. That Darshville miss coulda turned it in their favour, but it wasn't to be. Lyon did well and that Benzema boy looks like he's decent enough, but even still, they had Vertcoutre in goals! The Gers shoulda hammered longshots at him all night and they woulda gone through.

*bump*

Grandslam sunday! hows everyone feeling about it?

The Sky hype machine is in full force so it will be 2 dire 0-0 draws.

If Liverpool can take their goal scoring form into the United game I think we're gonna win that one. In recent years Liverpool have had the problem of sometimes outplaying some of the 'Top 4' but never being able to create or take enough of the chances they needed to win.

It frustrates me that if Man United had been playing and scoring the way Liverpool has recently, it would have been praised. Liverpool have been 'Lucky' or just basically playing against 'Bad Opposition' according to a lot of people. The Marseille result in some ways have made more people take notice.

Anyway, too much detail.. my predictions:

Liverpool 2 - 0 Man U

Arsenal 1 - 1 Chelsea

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!!

What a result, we had an average midfielder in the centre of defese with the calamity Kaboul and we kept a deserved clean sheet. We could have scored a few more too, very comfortable and classy performance - finally!!!

It's Ramos first time he's had a full week training since he came!! Hope it's the start of our surge up the table!!

The dirty gooners next :)