N-Europe

Complete lack of respect

Apple_NdiB

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, the lack of respect, especially in the younger generation, is appaling. The other day an old lady thanked me for being quiet on the bus the other day, clearly because she was used to having disrespectful kids near her. Secondary school children, girls especially, think they can do whatever they like. They hurl insults at me on the bus ( for having not- so- bad acne) and you can't help but think- if there boyfriends weren't with them, I could massacre them. I'm sick of not retaliating, taking shit from people I could easily beat.

Being blamed for this forum's problems by that welsh guy, i still find hilarious lol...

o im the "welsh guy" now is it its Beermonkey :heh: : peace:

jordan eariler in the meaningless thread said to you and resource to stop arguing so its justifyed

and i wasnt implying that all was you hopefully those arguements you had/have with resource will stop...i dont really give a rats who started and whos fault this is supposed to be a gaming forum not some name calling forum

To be honest, the lack of respect, especially in the younger generation, is appaling. The other day an old lady thanked me for being quiet on the bus the other day, clearly because she was used to having disrespectful kids near her. Secondary school children, girls especially, think they can do whatever they like. They hurl insults at me on the bus ( for having not- so- bad acne) and you can't help but think- if there boyfriends weren't with them, I could massacre them. I'm sick of not retaliating, taking shit from people I could easily beat.

I know what you mean. Even though I'm a "secondary school kid", well i'm about to be in sixth form now but thats not the point. Many people my age, girls especially, just seem to think they can do whatever to people and get away with it and their reaction is "what are you gonna do bout' it, you can't hit me i'm a girl" and then carry on insulting and being generally disrespectful to everyone around them.

I was walking to school a week back when there was a group of gilrs in my year (chavs I might add) taking the piss because I've got long hair. They were being extremly annoying and started crowding round me to try and get a rise out of me. A ll I wanted to do was punch one of them sqaure in the face.

And then today, walking back from a geog exam I had 2 guys in my year throwing stones at me all the way home. I got so fucked off i turned round went up to the smaller guy (didn't dare go for the big one lol) and kicked him in the balls and started screaming random insults about how bollocks my life is sometimes like a lunatic.

I know what you mean. Even though I'm a "secondary school kid", well i'm about to be in sixth form now but thats not the point. Many people my age, girls especially, just seem to think they can do whatever to people and get away with it and their reaction is "what are you gonna do bout' it, you can't hit me i'm a girl" and then carry on insulting and being generally disrespectful to everyone around them.

I was walking to school a week back when there was a group of gilrs in my year (chavs I might add) taking the piss because I've got long hair. They were being extremly annoying and started crowding round me to try and get a rise out of me. A ll I wanted to do was punch one of them sqaure in the face.

And then today, walking back from a geog exam I had 2 guys in my year throwing stones at me all the way home. I got so fucked off i turned round went up to the smaller guy (didn't dare go for the big one lol) and kicked him in the balls and started screaming like a lunatic.

:yay: hehe

That post, in combination with your username, is beautiful :)

I'm not hanging much around here, but on one forum I DO hang around alot, and have been for the past four or five years, I can see the exact same thing going on.

Is it the younger generation?

And I don't really like arguing, not on internet, not irl. I just try to stay away. (Mostly because I'm really bad at standing up for my opinions and that I never got any really good arguments ...)

I'm not hanging much around here, but on one forum I DO hang around alot, and have been for the past four or five years, I can see the exact same thing going on.

And I don't really like arguing, not on internet, not irl. I just try to stay away. (Mostly because I'm really bad at standing up for my opinions and that I never got any really good arguments ...)

Hi Tilim :heh:

I have the same problems and thoughts with arguments as you do. :(

Well I wish people were less argumentative on the internet and more respectful and understanding. Obviously this is easier said than done.

Well I wish people were less argumentative on the internet and more respectful and understanding. Obviously this is easier said than done.

I agree.

I sometimes try to actually read through a HUGE discussion/flamewar, but the post get so big and the argument/flaming to many, I just give up.

I just don't see the point..

I've never had any trouble saying: "Okay, that's what you think. I don't, but that's fine."

:blush:

I agree.

I sometimes try to actually read through a HUGE discussion/flamewar, but the post get so big and the argument/flaming to many, I just give up.

I just don't see the point..

I've never had any trouble saying: "Okay, that's what you think. I don't, but that's fine."

:blush:

To be honest you've just immediately earned my respect for saying that. : peace:

I 'liberated' it from a youtube video. :heh:

I subscribe. I think you get a subscription off their site.

I thought as much, on both counts. I was hoping to find private eye somewhere that wouldn't involve me buying it off tinternets. How good is it?

Seems this topic has gone off internet respect to real world respect, though maybe the two are intertwined? I'll admit I think in the real world, the younger generations are on average alot ruder and disrespectful than older ones, but isn't that the case for the older and even older ones at the moment? I dunno, but sometimes I feel sad when I see how things are changing, apparently for the worse.

Martins (the newagents) sell it. I should know :P I work there. All I know about private eye is from my law teacher about how they were taken to court because of something they said, I think to do with Rose West?!

Its the chav generation, of course we have become ruder.

All I know about private eye is from my law teacher about how they were taken to court because of something they said, I think to do with Rose West?!

Private Eye gets sued a lot. Ironically, it just makes them more money as people rush out and buy it to see what the fuss is about. When Ian Hislop (you may know him from Have I Got News For You) took over as editor, he put some joke about Robert Maxwell in his first issue. Maxwell didn't take the joke well, and threatened to sue them if they ever mentioned him in it again.

Private Eye responded like so:

651_big.jpg

:laughing:

Martins (the newagents) sell it. I should know :P I work there. All I know about private eye is from my law teacher about how they were taken to court because of something they said, I think to do with Rose West?!

Its the chav generation, of course we have become ruder.

Actually, chavs or 'charver' have been here since about Tudor times. They didn't have penknifes or rap in those days, but they can still be classed as chavs. Looky here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chavs

Problem is people care too much about others opinions and about being right, which seems so silly when its with people you'll probably never meet. But i do agree, this forum isn't that bad at all, i've seen a couple of instances that i haven't liked, particularly ganging up, but in general it's a very cool place with some amazing people.