N-Europe

Rumor Control - IGN's Nintendo Voice Chat

pedrocasilva

You have to try and see both sides of it. Sure gamers want games and are happy with Mario Galaxy, Metroid, etc, but you're making it sound like theres something wrong with wanting features in your games too.

Yea. Some features that would be awesome are small things that would actuallt be quite easy to implement.

Things like the ability to select boss fights to do once you've finished the game in Zelda and Metroid. Perhaps even dungeon time trails in Zelda.

Nintendo can get the actual games done superbly. It's just the extra modes (even simple ones) that they're lacking in.

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to try and see both sides of it. Sure gamers want games and are happy with Mario Galaxy, Metroid, etc, but you're making it sound like theres something wrong with wanting features in your games too.

Not at all, I'm not saying it's wrong to want these things, I'm just saying people blow things out of proportion. I mean:

"They make amazing games and innovate, but for the things 'gamers' want..hard-drive, voice-chat, proper online play, they seem to have no-idea!"

"Nintendo needs to realise that GAMERS WANT TO PLAY"

These speak for themselves I think. There has to be a balance in posting, you can go batshit crazy if something major is missing, be my guest. This doesn't apply to Nintendo alone, I laugh my ass off too, when I see people bashing a 360 game because they don't like the achievments.

Not at all, I'm not saying it's wrong to want these things, I'm just saying people blow things out of proportion. I mean:

"They make amazing games and innovate, but for the things 'gamers' want..hard-drive, voice-chat, proper online play, they seem to have no-idea!"

"Nintendo needs to realise that GAMERS WANT TO PLAY"

These speak for themselves I think. There has to be a balance in posting, you can go batshit crazy if something major is missing, be my guest. This doesn't apply to Nintendo alone, I laugh my ass off too, when I see people bashing a 360 game because they don't like the achievments.

Same here...glad I'm not the only one..

So you're saying you'd rather play an awful MMO game that saved stuff to a Hard Drive and had voice chat than Mario Galaxy or SSBB. Nintendo does let players play, they realize that to make a good game you don't need all that stuff.

Did you seriously just post that?

So we have Mario Kart being slayed for not having certain features? And it comes with a plastic wheel. Which is all good and well. But I think I'll be buying We Ski instead. Not only does it offer something refreshing (in all methods of control) but there are many different modes and it offers 4 player racing (so...Just like I'd be playing Mario Kart then).

As much as I love Mario Kart I really am starting to tire of the franchise. I certainly enjoyed the DS version more than others and felt it to be a perfect representation of what Mario Kart should be. It had enough new features that were excellent (mision mode) and was great for quick burts of play. Plus, for multiplayer it was easy enough to do. (Granted, multiple DS' were needed. But still...Great effort made.) And the DS online mode (although ropey) was substantial. No doubt the Wii version of Mario Kart cuold be great yet online isn't my main concern for Mario Kart...

Yet if you compare something like Smash Bros to Mario Kart it's easy to see the lack of love that MK has been getting. Smash Bros features loads of different modes, characters, outfits, endings, high production values etc... Yet mario kart seems to get the shaft. WOW! We get like 20+ tracks and 4+ battle tracks. Shouldn't we get many more than that considering the franchise history? Shouldn't we get EVERY track ever?

And why don't Mario Kart games get the orchestral treatment on their soundtracks? I'd like to see the SSBB Mario Kart tracks make it into this title. Not like it will ever happen.

I'ts obvious Nintendo are making this a casual title. Yet why not call it Mii racing and just have mii characters on bikes/wacky cars and put Mario Kart to rest for a few years? I'm sure the mii association would see it sell and the existing Mario Kart consumer base wouldn't be too fussed if it was only getting 80%'s.

Rant over. And back on topic...

I actually feel the IGN Voice Chat is quite good. Ok so there is a lot of immature humour and stereotpical "for sure" Americanisms but at least they are doing something for the Nintendo community. At least IGN has a face is what I guess I'm trying to say. Even if that face is...well...I'll let you make your own assumptions about that one ;)

^ That comes across to me like a Gran Turismo fan saying "screw that, I'll buy SSX instead"

All this to say that... I don't really think Mario Kart and Wii Sky have a lot in common... they're like what GT is to SSX; neither do I think they pack the same punch (with Mario Kart having online, flawed or not)

Still, the best third party games sell the better.

New podcast is up

Looking for some Wii-related voice chat? Well, you're not going to find it, sucker -- that is, unless you download the Nintendo Voice Chat podcast. Hey, it's better than nothing, are we right?

This week, Matt, Mark and Craig chat all things Nintendo, starting with a recent hands-on with De Blob, Matt's experience with Okami Wii, Bozon's trip to Wrestlemania to check out the Wii and DS versions of SmackDown! vs. Raw 2009, and much more.[/Quote]

http://wii.ign.com/articles/863/863499p1.html

Summary from http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=267400

Smackdown Vs Raw 2009 (DS):

-"Suprisingly awesome" Bozon. Hopes they add Traditional controls.

-Theres an overworld area with RPG features like arm strength etc.

-Motion controls to do moves. D-Pad to move

-"Looks like No Mercy on DS" Bozon. Looks good.

-Single Player only

Smackdown VS Raw 2009 (Wii):

-Wii and DS game look almost identical, same developer

-30 new match types. Flaming Table/Barbed Wire.

-Online for the first time, big focus.

-Interactive entrances/Finishing moves. Gimmicky at the moment.

-A lot of Motion Controls

-Online sides like it might be 1 v 1, or a tag team something simply this year from Bozon's talk with devs.

-Wii Vs Next-Gen... No Creative Finisher. Aside from the roster, nothing is going to be the same, treated as a different project than the next-gen games.

Okami:

-Matt, "Lacks the Polish Twilight Princess had."

-Matt, "Going to get a real high score. It is a GOTY."

-Significant slowdown here or there.

We Love Golf:

-60fps, Widescreen.

-Measures Power of your shot.

-The HUD shows if you hook your shot by tilting the wii-mote really well

-Generic non-Capcom franchise characters

-Mii usage.

-You don't unlock Franchise characters, you unlock costumes.

-Camelot's original pitch was to use all Capcom characters, Capcom said no.

Japanese WiiWare Launch:

-Underwhelming. No real stand out launch title.

-Pokemon game is just really shallow.

-Dr. Mario Cool. Transfer the Demo for multiplayer. Still requires FC, real pain in the ass.

-Star Soldier R fun but shallow. A 5 min level and a 2 minute level for 8 bucks. No arcade mode.

-King's Story is cool

-Games that don't even use the wiimote. (Solitaire)

-U.S. Launch will stomp the Japanese Launch

-Lost Winds, First footage Friday.

-Not Xbox Live quality.

-Dr. Mario is Badass.

-Defend your Castle is looking like it might be the geometry wars of WiiWare. Dev interview, trailer and new SS coming tomorrow. $5.

De Blob:

-THQ Gamer's Day later this week

-Splatters are more defined, textures to them now.

-More Funky music, by some popular Australian band

-Frame rate isn't there yet.

Deadly Creatures

-Exclusives and Coverage coming Wednesday.

-Real Gameplay.

Lock Nation:

-Made by drawn to life guys, real time strategy

-Screens are waiting around office for NDA to lift

-Was suppose to be IGN exclusive announcement, Nintendo Power beat em to it.

-Lock Nation title has been changed already, new name not announced.

Chocobo Dungeon Wii:

-Announced...Dungeon Crawl. Its that S/E game they were eluding too.

-Wifi Card Battle, Pop-up book style

Virtual Console:

-Cruis'n Usa - Non-Japanese third party game.

-Theres a reason it didn't come out before Cruis'n Wii. VC one blows it away

Nintendo Media Summit April 10th-11th

Questions:

-Has EA hired some 4th rate studio to port NHL '08 to the Wii? ~ They hope so. Haven't asked ea about that yet, they know nothing about it

-Sonic Chronicles News? ~ Soonish, Ign will have something early before the Media Summit. A video

-Smackdown VS Raw 2009 better than the Xbox 1 games? ~ Looks a little bit better. ATI the No mercy guys, the company is basically gone. Better looking than xbox 1.... Bozon "no, different styles"

-Nintendo Power Okami 7.5 due to control problems? ~ Only the Strafe move is ehh, everything else is fine, Matt is baffled. Controls is much improved, would only ever play it again with Wiimote, brush is awesome with Wiimote

-Any AAA 3rd party games releasing in '08? ~ Okami, Boom Blox, Wii Love Golf. Deadly Creatures, De Blob could go either way.

-E3 Predictions? ~ "Kid is back, baby" Bozon. "We will see Kid Icarus" Matt. Something from retro, perhaps Pikmin, but those two are just based on hope not fact.

-Classic Nintendo Franchise returning that you mentioned? ~ It was Kid Icarus before we were allowed to say it, but now we are.

-De Blob Nice concept? ~ It is. They are not really using the Wiimote functionality at all. The loading screen uses the Pointer to paint and its really working perfectly. Matt wonders why that isn't anywhere in the game.

-WiiWare getting better 3rd party games? ~ "Not based on japanese launch, *laughter*". The potential is there. Innovation machine is being turned on. Your going to have your classics coming down the pipes.

-WiiWare getting better games why? ~ Your getting passionate devs looking to break into the industry or make a name for themselves on WiiWare and not trying to make a quick buck.

-Adult(XXX) Game? ~ There are Japanese updates out there.

-Why VC games trickle 2/3 a week with 10,000+ in library? ~ Jokes about Fridge Filling up too fast.

-Voicechat accessable from main menu? ~ A very quick and powerful "NO". They think it may not be a standard for wii ever. Some games will use it through in game.

-Wii Motorsports? ~ May see it this year or next. No real idea. It just seems to make sense

-Guitar Hero DS? ~ Hope you don't have to stroke the string on screen, hope its just tap.

-No way to play a cup online with 3+Racers ? ~ Nope, individual race selected. Random is possible.

-Pikmin 3 must have changes? ~ Online Mode. Wiimote Functionality.

~Fin.

[/Quote]

So we'll be seeing Kid Icarus at E3 according to them, can't wait!

Every jap I know playin WiiWare has the opposite opinion that IGN lol

No killer apps yet maybe, but pretty good and it shows more commitment from 3rd parties than in most Wii games we see.

I'm disapointed in S-E, FF:CC looks cool and it probably is, DLC is acceptable in later stages to add extras, but stripping down the game to make some money to see if they do like Idolmaster? Fuck you.

-Any AAA 3rd party games releasing in '08? ~ Okami, Boom Blox, Wii Love Golf. Deadly Creatures, De Blob could go either way.

Wow, I'm underwhelmed. I seriously hope we get some real third party gems. So far, I'm happy with Sega's and Capcom's efforts. Konami's Pro Evo 2008 is a good start. We'll have to see what E3 or the many Media Summit/Gamer's Day from various publishers brings us. I'd like to look forward to other games besides Nintendo's too.

Okami is about on par with Wind Waker as far as polish goes - cel-shading has a way of covering the cracks. Twilight Princess was much more rough and ready I thought; camera issues, muddy textures, dodgy animation (esp Epona). I thought this might have been part of the semi-intenional retro-OOT feel though. For me the best parts of TP in terms of polish, character, artistic style and originality were precisely the 'twilight' elements - Midna, Twilight Realm, Zant etc - all with a curiously cel-like stylisation. I mean, go and run around the Hidden Village now, it's well dodgy (great music tho).

On the other hand it would've been great if Capcom could've applied that extra spit and polish where required, but hey, we know what we're getting. I don't get it when great games are downgraded just because they're not new anymore. Okami IS a brilliant, beautiful game and can't somehow get worse in 16:9 480p. The Wii controls I'm sure don't drag it down to a 7/10 effort either.:indeed:

I actually find NP's controls criticism funny. I don't know if it works well or not, but saying that you have to time the flicks right to attack instead of randomly waggling is a bad thing? Seriously, that just shows idiocy. One of Okami's main problem is that the battle had a lot of random button mashing, like this, there's no random waggling, instead it takes "rythmic" sense.

We all know that this is a low budget port made incredibly fast, so if it looks better, controls better and the dialogue is skippable, seems great to me.

I'm REALLY looking forward to Wii Love Golf.

• 2 weeks later...

This week:

Guitar Hero DS:

-The guitar Grip in GBA slot. You can strum on screen with stylus or the guitar Pick that comes with the game.

-Works with the DS and DSLite. Will support DS fat through an adaptor.

-Likely need headphones to get the most out of the music, though it should still be good

-Wireless Multiplayer.

-Star Power Moves that affect your opponent. Like the stage catches fire and you have to blow into the DS, or a fan shows up and you have to sign her shirt.

Hulk Wii:

-Screens, "Shit" (STUUUUPID SEGA)

Lost Winds:

-43 MB limit on WiiWare Games

-Look a little slow

-Kirby Canvas style

-Day 1 Wii games, Day 2 WiiWare, Embargo up Monday (Media Summit)

Deadly Creatures:

-You play the Scorpion and Spider.

-Something happens in the world of man and your drawn to a desert gas station.

-Scorpion is the Tank, Spider is stealthy, at times they cross paths and have to fight each other.

-Some Waggle movements feel tacked on (fix them)

-They like the organic look and the level design

-The Freshness of the play style makes it enjoyable

-Halloween release

De Blob:

-Starting to use more IR

-Music is much better now than the elevator music it used to have

-Jet Set Radio Meets Mercury Meltdown with some platforming.

-Not really using Wii-mote, really focusing on traditional controls.

-Frame rate is ALL over the place

-No word, screens on the announced DS version

Okami:

-Deserved its 2006 GOTY

-Wii-mote works really good

-The Water Spray move was much better with the analog controller. If you get up to the puzzles that require that move, make smaller motions

-Paper Filter is there, not as pronounced but still there

-50 hour game. They still highly recommend it, especially for Zelda fans

-They had to go through old computers from the Clover Studio assets to find file info's

Rondo Swords:

-Turned based Grid RPG DS

-Same old Atlus RPG assets

Gauntlet:

-Been in the works for a very long time, DS, Beck-Bone developed, Eidos Published

-Not an arcade port, but they are taking the same idea.

-3d on both screens, over head. 2d characters.

-Online multiplayer with voice over IP.

-Craig does not like the character looks at all.

-June release day

Trauma Center 2:

-fixed some of the issues from the first one (which was a launch game)

-no word about multiplayer

-July release

Fantasy All-StarMLB DS:

-6 Minutes about how much crap this game is and how badly they dropped the ball

-They name every other DS game that has and is coming out that is better

Wii Love Golf:

-Still is the best Golf game on Wii

-It is not perfect, it takes some time to understand the mechanics

-NOT a pickup and play game at all

-Hook and Slice are great

-Full online with Mii's

-18 course Mini Golf

Wall *E*:

-It was ported from 360 version, Looks really good (HALLELUIAH!)

Opoona:

-Not terribly long or difficult

-Child game (f*ck you IGN)

-Random Battles

Lock's Quest:

-Creators of Drawn to Life

-Single player RTS

-Rep said it has wifi, but the wording wasn't clear so they don't know if theres online or multiplayer at all

-Bozon really liked the single player

Reader's Questions:

Q:Expectations of the Media Summit?

A: WiiWare Focus. One really cool WiiWare announcement coming. Most stuff Embargo'd until Monday. Mostly be stuff they know, but may be one or two games that haven't been announced shown

Q:Mario Platforming fans going like the De Blob?

A: Not comparable to Mario at all. Bozon once again relates it to Jet Set Radio.

Q:Okami Brushing speed?

A: Way quicker on the Wii. You almost don't need the overlay that freezes the world to draw.

Q: Deadly Creatures Finishing moves like No More Heroes finishers where you can really do any motion to get it to work?

A: Not so much, finishers vary more often than in No More Heroes and Motion is more important.

Q: Any chance on DS only podcast?

A: No, Sony guys don't do PSP only

Q: Camelot's next project?

A: Golden Sun or Tennis. Camelot said Tennis may be coming soon.

Q: Matt you speak to Perrin still?

A: Ya, she's touring the world. Was at GDC shopping around for a job.

Q:Top Spin 3?

A: Announced, no knowledge on the game. DS version info coming soon.

Q: Silicon Knights Psychological Wii?

A: They have no idea what it is. Could be Eternal Darkness but they really don't know.

Q:Sadness?

A: Been in talks via email. Want to meet soonish.

Q: Sonic Unleashed?

A: Bad news that it is coming to Wii. Sonic Team that did Nights that were in San Fran is now back in Japan. Its bad news because now it likely means we won't be getting a Wii specific Sonic game.

Q:Sin and Punishment or Wave Race Wii rumors?

A: Heard nothing, really hope both show up one day on the Wii. Treasure is working on two Wii projects.

Q: What franchise would you like to see Retro get its hands on?

A: Zelda, Darker. Icarus if there wasn't already another Icarus coming.

Q: Do you think another Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Smash during the Wii gen?

A: Mario yes, Zelda yes, Metroid in some measure and Smash no.

This week, Matt, Craig, Mark and Daemon chat about the recent Nintendo Media Summit in San Francisco, touching on their hands-on time with games like Wii Fit, Boom Blox, Samba de Amigo, Crosswords DS, Guitar Hero: On Tour, Sonic Chronicles: Dark Brotherhood, LostWinds, World of Goo and more. They also speak on Nintendo's Mario Super Sluggers announcement and demo and field a handful of questions from readers.

Medi Summit

- Most focus was placed on Wii Fit.

Wii Fit

- Was able to go through a variety of gameplay modes and put the game to the test. Does it work? It certainly does.

- Actually woke up feeling pretty sore the next morning after doing strength contests against Chobot, felt like he had actually done hard strength training.

- Chobot fell flat on her face during the push-ups.

- Wii Balance Board senses and calculates a lot of data. Very accurate.

- As a workout tool, the game is fantastic. The mini-games like the Ski Jump are great fun. The Ski Jump requires careful balance when sliding the slope, making an upwards motion onto your tippy toes for extra height, and still maintaining balance in the air. It's challenging but really fun.

- Matt's really feeling it and believes it deserves all the (massive) sales it has already gotten and will continue to get when it launches in Europe and USA.

Mario Kart

- Absolutely flawless online. Blew them away.

- The offline multiplayer drops the ball because it instantly drops to 30fps when splitscreen, and still manages to chug despite not being a very pretty engine.

- However, the online multiplayer is phenomenal. You go on and are paired up with as many people as possible (12 being the max).

- Had initial issues where he couldn't connect to the Treehouse development people in Japan, but worked perfectly after that. Absolutely silky-smooth and a lot of fun to play. Makes the Mario Kart Wii experience.

- Wii's premier online game.

- New media should hopefully be coming up soon.

Guitar Hero On Tour (DS)

- Eyes-on demo.

- If the demo is any indication, it should be a really hot game.

- Songs sound like the actual song, not covers.

- Plug the peripheral in the GBA slot. There's a button for each finger. It looks like it should be pretty accurate. You could stroke any where and didn't have to be on the strings. It's not contextual to location, but rather to the motion. Looks like it works really well.

- Comes with power ups, such as the amp becoming too loud and not allowing you to hear the notes, or having to sign someone's shirt before you can play again, etc.

- You can put your own artwork on the peripheral.

- It's not going to replace Guitar Hero, but as a portable its really coming close to the console experience. It's coming together very nicely.

Boom Blox

- Love it. One of their most anticipated Wii games.

- Basically Jenga with explosives, but it works so well.

- Over 400 levels, tons of different game modes and mechnanics.

- Also contains a level editor that works really well as well as a fantastic multiplayer mode.

- The physics in the game are really good. If you think you can do something, you most likely can.

- The different types of blocks all behave in their own ways (eg: skeleton blocks attack others) and you can create your own scenarios.

- Accurately measures the power of your shots - if you throw like a pansy, you're not going to have much of an effect.

- It's strategic but will also appeal to the casual crowd. You should really keep your eye on this.

Crosswords DS

- Should be one people's radars.

- Really well put-together, extremely accessible and intuitive.

- Reminds them of the sudoku portions of Brain Age.

- Several hundred anograms and several hundreds word searches.

- Had all types of grids, and it can get really quite hard as you progress.

- The stylus controls work really well, however there are some gripes. For example, double-tapping should be zoom, rather than clicking on different on-screen icons. However, they are only minor gripes.

- Developed by NST.

Major League Eating

- The basic idea is to use waggle to put food in your mouth, then hit the B trigger to chew. You try to eat as much as you can, and if you miss the foot and press B, you will bit your own tongue.

- There are also burp and fart mechanics, and food can build up until you vomit it out.

- Pretty crazy premise but overall it is very simply. Hopefully it will be $5 or less.

Sonic Chronicles

- Very early in its development. Feels really sketchy right now and clearly there is a lot left to do.

- Overworld is 2D whilst characters are 3D.

- Not random battles - you'll see the enemies on-screen beforehand. A lot of the attacks have DS-centric controls during battles.

- Feels very slow right now - feels like an RPG game with Sonic characters. Visually it looks great but hopefully it all comes together. Sonic might seem strange in an RPG but Mario made it work great, so there's a lot of potential here.

Samba De Amigo

- Good fun. Some people were having control issues but they thought it worked pretty well.

- Can play with Wiimote+Nunchuk or two wiimotes.

- Contains calibration to work out the radius of each player. Think that more games need to do this.

- The version they showed is still in pre-alpha. Graphically it looks nice (the style in the dreamcast game has really held up) but nearly all the effort right now is being put into the controls.

- No surprises. Exactly what you expect it to be.

Lost Winds

- Going to be one of the major WiiWare titles.

- Runs in 480p in widescreen, looks and sounds better than most retail games on Wii.

- Really interesting premise - control the character with the analogue stick and gain gust powers, which are used with the wiimote. You learn more of these throughout the game which you can combo to control the character, as well as give you special powers like fire and ice.

- Probably going to be $10, which is a bit disappointing given the game will only be around 3 hours long. But for what it is, it's really good and definitely worth a purchase.

- The WiiWare launch may have underwhelming in Japan but it looks like it will be really strong in the US.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life As A King.

- You control a kingdom, building houses, increasing the population, and send parties to do jobs for you.

- The characters look like Crystal Chronicles but that's where the similarities with other CC games end.

- It's a bit weird and underwhelming telling the parties what to do as opposed to actually being them.

- Hoping the core game mechanic is enough to validate the high price tag

Heres this weeks summary from GoNintendo

High Voltage’s The Conduit:

-Built from the Ground up for Wii

-FPS with Scifi Government Conspiracy Theme

-The Plan for Video Footage is suppose to be this week

-They are working on Other projects. Bozon wants to download and/or buy them

-The other projects are not big epics like Conduit, but they are still very happy with the other two projects they were shown. (WiiWare wasn’t strongly implied)

-30 frames right now shooting for a lock 60, all sorts of control schemes.

-Ign has largest Nintendo Fanbase out there, the Dev was immediately contacted from publishers and developers right after the reveal.

-Bozon wants to work towards industry glory and not just a PR puppet at IGN.

Line Rider Wii:

to see what it’ll be like. Check XBLA may be similar review style. [/i]

Q: Fatal Frame 4 News?

A: No, but they are excited because of Fatal Frame + Suda. Likely no news until E3.

Q: DQ9 no news in forever, whats up with that ?

A: Square hinted to Bozon info will come soon. Square likes to deal with one title at a time

Q:What can Nintendo do to get big western dev houses to jump on the Wii ?

A: Matt wants Nintendo to step up and Publish more games, like back in the day. Wants Nintendo to go out and find the developers to develop. Bozon states how he thinks the Wii is the place for the small guys to put forth big efforts to try and become the big guys. Matt also wants Nintendo to reach out for synergy marketing with other big publishing houses.

Q: World Ends with You or Mario Kart Wii?

A: If World Ends With You is your type of game, get it before its gone. Mario Kart you can get now or a year from now. If you own a Wii, you gotta get Mario Kart Wii at some time, but World Ends With You won’t be around forever.

Q: Ign Logo on Okami Boxart ?

A: They don’t know what happened, it seems to be an F-Up. Matt and Bozon have no idea.

Q: When ZnW creator asked why the game didn’t sell what did you say?

A: Name was horrible, Character Design. They love it, it kicks ass, but $$$ talks.

Q: Controls Force Unleashed for Wii?

A: Its decent, not great, not 1 to 1. No IR functionality.

Q: GTA 4 and Mario Kart Wii Sales bet in first week?

A: Kart ~1.25-1.5 Million Bozon, Maybe a Million Matt,

GTA 4~ 2.5-3 million Bozon, 4+ Million Matt.

Q:Pick a publisher for the Conduit ?

A: Matt thinks it would make a really good edition to THQ’s roster. Thinks it will increase THQ’s PR with Nintendo Fans (on top of Deadly Creatures, De Blob). Bozon would like to see Ubisoft pick it up, and see what they learn from Conduit to make Red Steel 2 even better.

Q:Ever Elusive Dark Game ?

A: The Conduit was one of them. There is another, who had a cool concept and the tech to support it and took it to about a dozen publishers. Publisher response was like o0o0o0o Xbox 360? Developer was like no Wii, publisher response was, well this market is not proven on the Wii. Ubisoft stepped up with No More Heroes and Red Steel. Godfather, Scarface, Manhunt 2 should have done better but didn’t, and thats what publishers are looking at. The acknowledge that those are 2 ports and a bomb that outperformed the ps2 version. They say how Red Steel can be argued it did well because it was a launch game, Metroid Prime 3 did well but not as well as other Nintendo Games. The Developers have moved on now to other projects, but they would still like to show it some day, and are watching how the Conduit reveal goes for them.

Q: Seperated Wiiware and VC games from regular Wii Games, and UK/Aus From US in the Release dates and Reviews/Previes on Ign ?

A: This is an internal Struggle, Bozon and Matt have been lobbying for this already.

Q: Attach rate for Wii, at the current life cycle (1.3 years into system launch) is Wii’s or Xbox 360’s better?

A: They think 360 has the higher attach rate, they site some examples but they don’t have the numbers on hand. They have the numbers in the studio, but not exactly sure if they can comment on it. The Wii attach rate is better than you may think, and month to month Wii has beaten Xbox 360 software, but everything just sells on Xbox360.

Q: Conflict on Okami controls between Nsider Editor and Matt?

A: An Nsider guy said he preferred the Ps2 controls, Matt said he prefers the Wii. The problem comes with the Nsider Editors inability to draw a straight line. Upset the Ign opinion conflicts with itself, Matt stands by his Wii control preference.

Q: Guitar Hero 4 News?

A: Activision CEO cited that Guitar Hero 4 will use other instruments. He mentioned singing, but they think it may go further. Rock Band wasn’t the Guitar Hero killer everyone thought it was going to be, they think the brand name is just so strong. It was an eventually though.

Q:More excited Pikmin 3 or Kid Icarus ?

A: Knows Pikmin 3 will be amazing since its Nintendo and Pikmin rocks. Kid Icarus [looks stunning/or will look stunning,] (53ish minutes in if you want to give it a listen and look into this further in) every way known to man and hopes it plays as good as it looks.

~More from High Voltage, they are really impressed with the other stuff. One game in particular they hope is a WiiWare game, funny hilarious concept.

Matt wants Nintendo to step up and Publish more games, like back in the day. Wants Nintendo to go out and find the developers to develop. Bozon states how he thinks the Wii is the place for the small guys to put forth big efforts to try and become the big guys. Matt also wants Nintendo to reach out for synergy marketing with other big publishing houses.

I totally agree with this.