NEurope
pedrocasilva

Rumor Control - IGN's Nintendo Voice Chat

Since they do them every week... I think we should start using a thread to comment on them; This week for example it's so vast that there's no topic where it fits... so...

Wii-k in Review 6/8 #1

-> http://wii.ign.com/articles/795/795160p1.html

BBA- Solid game, challenges are fun, good drinking game, wish it had true online but Wiiconnect works very well, wish it had more challenges though.

Scarface- not a lot of gestures, lot of IR stuff, good GTA type game, just overall impressed- "really cool", good writing.

RE4- GC visuals, superior version of RE4, not quite perfect- one quirk in the controls- can't look up and down with the Wiimote- up down left right movement done by analog stick- feels odd- feels like a light gun game. Dramatic speed difference in shooting compared to GC version because of the controls. Some off the waggle controls aren't needed- wagging the knife is unnecessary. But overall its the best version. Best looking realistic looking game on Wii

The Bigs- Uses pretty decent Wii waggle, pretty cool bat tracking, exclusive coming up on the Wii version.

Madden- hands on next week.

Ghost squad- Very much the arcade game with added multiplayer support. Disappointed that its running in 4:3. Easy cash in- fun game, but not a ton added to the Wii version. Bitching about developers not putting in progressive scan and 16:9.

Nintendo changes- Further semi-confirmation of the 3 marketing execs leaving. Speculates that Nintendo is shifting their focus- trying to be more aggressive within the industry. You can tell Matt isn't happy.

DQ:Swords- They played it. It's fun and cool. Mostly just swords stuff. Very simple. Can upgrade and combine weapons. Leave the towns and enter paths, then you are on set paths but can sometimes choose what way. Basically completely on rails. Old school- random battles. Sword swiping is cool, there is some strategy to it. Not incredibly deep. Game might be longer than you think- at least 10 hours, maybe 15 plus. No loading when enemies come. Visuals aren't quite as good as we thought, but good bloom and little effects, and main character animations are good. Nothing more to it than what you think, but thinks people will like it. Thinks it will sell well, especially in Japan. Doesn't think it will be released in the U.S anytime soon.

Mercury Meltdown- Fun game, good Wiimote functionality. Will get a solid score. A little shallow, but puzzles will keep you busy.

Explanation of Wii debugger software

New RPG's- some new RPG's on the way. Hinting at sequal to RPG that came out same time as Baten Katos..Matt- "I might as well just tell you. Bozon- keep faith in Crystal Chronicles. It's going to be good.#

NHL EA- No news. Probably not coming until next year if it comes.

3 EA sports games to talk about- FIFA is one of them. 2 others- not sure if they've been announced.

RE4- No GC controller support

For next year- Thinks Wii Sports 2, Wii Health, Pikmin, and sure there are other surprises.

Re: Hardware announcements- haven't heard anything, but thinks its likely to have a hard drive and headset announced soon- just logically thinking, no inside info.

FF:CC- Think multiplayer will be downplayed, single player focused likely.

Great multiplayer games- for Wii BBA is a good multiplayer game, Strikers- Bozon psyched,Battalion Wars will be a great multi player game.

Re: big developers switching over. Suspects SC 4 to 360/PS3. Big test is Manhunt- if it does well, will show that adult games sell well.

End of show nugget- "Cool stuff we could tell you about, but then we'd get killed. " Some announcements to make with 3rd parties, but nothing major. Thinks they're going to get stuff before E3.

Sorry if I missed anything guys

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162140

RPG sequel that came at the same time as Baten Kaitos? Run! it's FF X-3! :p

But honestly... if it was really big they would highlight it as so... (unless they gave the lead exactly like someone gave them :heh:) So... Suikoden, Shin Megami Tensei could be candidates (looking at the timeframe), other than that I have no clue.

Why are RPGs always so late? I want a friggen RPG now :mad:

Damn developers...

Hope there's a headset and HDD announced soon.Then we can download demos.

Why are RPGs always so late? I want a friggen RPG now :mad:

Damn developers...

Hope there's a headset and HDD announced soon.Then we can download demos.

they take ages to make

Hinting at sequal to RPG that came out same time as Baten Katos..
Didn't Tales!! come out around the same time as Baten Kaitos?

Also, I'm not sure if Manhunt is a fair test to determine the mature Wii market against; isn't it even a bit extreme for a lot of that market!?

For example, GTA is seen as a mature series, yet it gets bought and played by people of ALL ages. The same can't really be said about Manhunt, so sales may not necessarily reflect the market.

They've had a fair amount of time.They've had well over a year atleast,and we've heard bugger all about RPGs in that time.Even developers mentioning they have an RPG or 2 in the works is fine,but after all this time we've heard just about squat.

Didn't Tales come out around the same time as Baten Kaitos?

Also, I'm not sure if Manhunt is a fair test to determine the mature Wii market against; isn't it even a bit extreme for a lot of that market!?

For example, GTA is seen as a mature series, yet it gets bought and played by people of ALL ages. The same can't really be said about Manhunt, so sales may not necessarily reflect the market.

Yeah I think your right. Manhunt is the extremity of the mature games market, but I guess this and No More Heroes will help gauge just how far mature content can go and still succeed.

I guess it is Tales of "..."

That hardware stuff got backed up by a friend of mine - who told me about harddrives and other stuff for the Wii.

Ign's wii-k in Review is always awesome. i love their humour :heh:

I'm quite surprised DQ only lasts about 10 hours though...

There are quite a few RPG's annouced, without Titles. Here's a list of some of the games you might not know about :) :

Camelot RPG - Confirmed for a Wii exclusive RPG. They made the Golden Sun games on GBA.

Media Vision RPG - Guys who make Wild Arms confirmed to be making an exclusive Wii RPG.

Mana Projects - Square Enix confirmed they're working on a Mana game for the Wii. Expected to be People of Mana.

Sword of Legendia - Spin off to Tales of series. Could be what they hinted at in all honesty.

Konami RPG - Not sure what this one is but it's another RPG :/.

Then you get stuff like FF:CC, DQS, Opoona, Fire Emblem and a few more. I'm sure more annoucements are planned, RPG's take alot of time and money to make and so most companies chose to play it safe and wait until they knew whether the Wii or PS3 would be a hit in Japan. Now that Wii is a hit in Japan we will be getting all the major RPG's :).

^ And the first director of FFXII (as well as Vagrant Story and Ogre Battles) Is working on a wii exclusive, Rune Factory and Project O (King Story) are also RPG's in my book, and Harvest Moon to some extent. Nippon Ichi asked for Wii dev Kits, seeing as Makai Wars for PS3 is canceled now and hoe expensive the console is and their sales... I'd say they should be planning to jump on the Wii-wagon.

There's also at least one Monolith RPG coming.

But we've heard nothing of it.Even a screen would be good :(

Here's to E3.

What's BBA?

I was wondering that as well... thought I'd sound stupid if I asked. Glad you did it for me!

Do IGN really think its unlikely for DQ Swords to get to the USA? If thats true then would'nt it be even less likely to see it in Europe? :(

I was wondering that as well... thought I'd sound stupid if I asked. Glad you did it for me!

Do IGN really think its unlikely for DQ Swords to get to the USA? If thats true then would'nt it be even less likely to see it in Europe? :(

I didn't read it like that... more like it's coming but it'll take a while.

Like every Square-Enix game sadly, the punchline is... it isn't coming in 2007 in America/Europe (yet it's coming next month in Japan).

Doesn't think it will be released in the U.S anytime soon.

Dragon Quest Swords got confirmed for the US and will be out in 2008.

Yeah anytime soon... that sounds kinda disheartening when it comes to games of this type. And the way they think itll sell well in Japan yet wont see a U.S release anytime soon hints at them saying it might not be one for the U.S market.

Well, thats the what I got out of it anyway.

::shrug:

Square Einex has already confirmed that it's coming out in the US.

They gave a '2008" date and with translation etc it will be half a year to America then another few months for Europe.

Other DQ games took a year to be released in the US and since they're will be alot less to translate,i'll say 8 odd months,then another 4 for us.

But again,it has been confirmed for the US and there's no reason not to release it in Europe.

Bozon's quote "Life needs a reset button" was just made of pure win.

Also, they said a Gamecube RPG that came out at the same time as Baiten Kaitos, so it's clearly a Tales game.

Bozon's quote "Life needs a reset button" was just made of pure win.

Also, they said a Gamecube RPG that came out at the same time as Baiten Kaitos, so it's clearly a Tales game.

They said specifically Gamecube RPG?

There's no doubt then; but then... sequel? meaning Tales of Symphonia sequel? I'd rather have a new game, unless by sequel they mean Tales of Phantasia Remake.

But we kinda already knew a Tales was coming, question is... is it the unnamed RPG or the Sword of Legendia game?

Sword of Legendia by the name should be in the making by the Team Melfes who did Tales of Legendia, it was also the only Tales whose codename wasn't Tales, instead it was Project Melfes. So yeah, it should be Tales or a Spin-off already.

I'd wish we had Team Symphonia (Tales of Symphonia, Tales of the Abyss) on board too.

Here is this weeks banter....

- Pre E3 events happened this week. Good things on the way for E3

- Project H.A.M.M.E.R. rumor still a rumor. Casamassina says that another company working on a more traditional title to make it more mainstream

- Harry Potter overall very good. Few minor control and cutscene quirks

- Wii-k in review crew pushing for people to buy Zack and Wiki. High praise for the game. It may be the most difficult title on the Wii so far. They are asking Capcom to make downloadable levels

- The Bigs is fun but has issues. A little bit of lag, and sometimes the Wiimote is over-sensitive

- Matt talks about Halo DS and says “nay sayers are about to be owned next week or soâ€.

- More info soon on titles we know of and brand new titles. New titles looking great, Matt hopes to unveil something next week

- If you like Godfather you will like Scarface

Matt talks about Halo DS and says “nay sayers are about to be owned next week or so”.

That Cassamasima, always causing controversy.

That Cassamasima, always dripping with total shit.

Corrected...