NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Rummy

Small things that annoy you/you'd change...

I don't play my wii much anymore, but when I do, I enjoy it but can't help notice little things that could be so simple and make things nicer, probably not hard to implement given the whole updateable OS system which appears to have been seriously neglected. Just some small things I've thought of along the way.

Miis - Bit boring now, could do with some fresh stuff added. Something I've been thinking other than extra decorations and stuff is...emotions! They're simple little faces so why is there such little emotion from these guys? You see some in some games, but not alot in the mii channel or just generally when they're standing around in game. A side note of this is using miis as smileys in wiimail. For example, when you send a note to someone and you can select a Mii(though i was never sure if that was to show who it's from or to), you should then get an option to pick the mii's face in different emotions, to complement your letter! They could also be used throughout the letter as smileys, as I said.

Gamecube Disc Channel - Why did they not make it so that when a GC disc is in, it shows a little logo for the game or something rather than just the GC logo? It's already there, so why couldn't it be done? Also annoying is the fact to exit a gamecube game you have to turn the wii off, which bugs me if I want to play another game or do something on the wii. You can't even use the wiimote for it either, so fat people such as myself have to actually walk over to it!

Virtual Console Controls - I've mentioned this before, a number of times. Ok, it'd make their rather redundant and stupid 'classic' controller(i hate its entire existence) actually redundant, but what if, as crazy as this is gonna sound, they just add an option for button mapping for VC titles? So you can play with your GC controller, or even your CC, but with the buttons how YOU want them instead of what you're forced to have. Namely, this'd make SNES games easier to play without purchasing a stupid CC.

The General Wii Screen - I dunno, make it a bit customizable! Let you have a background there which you could design yourself and take off an SD card, have different colours, different skins and layouts like too. Everybody has the same old boring looking Wii interface, it needs some colour, some more...me!

Post any little things you would like to see, or little things that annoy you! I think I thought of some others what I've forgot.

(I guess it's debatable what little is, but whatever, go for it!)

only thing i would change is .........

If they insist on a friends code make it universal for each console not each game.

THE NINTENDO WII IS PERFECT

Open up Wii channels; I'd LOVE to see an ebay channel, a BBC Sport Channel. And why stop there? Imagine in game, if you selected updates of football scores that you wanted to be made aware of? A little note that Earnshaw has scored a hattrick for you in the FA Cup Final 2008... yeah, I can dream.

More musical options. Get Apple on board.

To be honest, this is the one part of the console that Nintendo need to work really hard on. Get other companies involved and make it accessable, intuitive and working with what you already have. No one wants an entertainment device, but it'd be nice to have the option of listening to your music in track and being updated of things you want to know about.

Mii's - It would be nice to give us different "Mii Views" - For example, letting us have the Wario Ware "semi-realistic" Miis in the Mii Channel. Also, give us some more actions - Just having snoring, sneazing and talking is getting boring. Lets see bitch slapping!

GameCube Disc Channel - Yea, I also want to see what GameCube game is in, just like if you went to the menu on the GameCube.

News Channel - Just give us a Video Game (Or just Nintendo) section. It's a great place to advertise new games.

Keyboard in various non-Internet channels/options - Update this to the Internet Channel one, please.

Weather channel - More locations (not on the world map, but for out default location)

Shop Channel - Could be speeded up the same way the internet channel was.

Photo Channel - It views photos, it plays some vidoes. Browsing through them is fine. It can play mp3s during a slideshow...just give us more mp3 options like any bog standard mp3 player. Then you can call it the Media Channel

Everybody Votes Channel - Some game-related polls, please.

General Screen - I would love themes, and more personalisation.

the use of mii's

the use of friend codes

the use of games online

the sensor bar

the vote chanel

the news chanel

the online store

etc etc

the use of mii's

the use of friend codes

the use of games online

the sensor bar

the vote chanel

the news chanel

the online store

etc etc

Why don't you simply say "The Wii"?

Funny, just about an hour or two ago I thought they should have a display screen for GC games.

Doesn't a (Wii formatted) image for the Gamecube game have to already exist on the GC disk for that to work?

Doesn't a (Wii formatted) image for the Gamecube game have to already exist on the GC disk for that to work?

It wouldn't exatly be hard to use the one already on the GameCube disk.

When something gets stuck in your eye while driving.

That and component cable compatibility issues.

The loading times when selecting a channel or loading a game from the main menu...It sucks. Sometimes my Wii just stops responding completely and I have to unplug it from the mains...

Meh, nothing is perfect. The only thing that seems unnecessary is the disk bang whenever you return to the main menu. It's like your Wii is exploding.

Why don't you simply say "The Wii"?

no the whole base of the wii is just fine. the only thing is the wii isn't used in its full extent and it is possible to do so with several small changes.

the use of mii's: use them for all friend communications and create your own viledge around the wii's this way you will have a nice and fun reason to use your wii's

the use of friend codes: why still use hem when we have the console code this should be enough

the use of games online: get the wii hooked up and make it posible to use high speed connections so we can play games like F-zero 30 player online

the sensor bar: make it more powerful or more recognizable to the wii-mote (sunlight and other artificial light interferes to mush now)

the vote channel: get the game related questions in there.

the news channel: live stream news

the online store: get preview games so you can try out a game like exite truck

etc etc

A new channel and a N64 game every month wouldn't go a miss...

Im happy....for once.

A kinetic powered controller would have been a nice touch though.

Minor points really, and although I haven't got one yet... the friends code thing should be one code per console, or per profile on a console, not a code for each game.

Minor points really, and although I haven't got one yet... the friends code thing should be one code per console, or per profile on a console, not a code for each game.

Same for me, only one I can think that annoys me!

More N64 games please, I'm not buying anything I can emulate perfectly.

More N64 games like The New Tetris ( it rocks ) :D

The ability to play the games you bought on the vc on another wii. That really annoys me. understand their reason but i don't care.

K.

Honestly, most of these complaints are really petty. "Channel every month please!" You go program a new channel every month and then translate it into a multitude of languages while testing it (online and offline). Sheeesh.

As for people complaining about Miis. The console has been out for just about 6 months. Have a little patience.

And here's one for all of you to bare in mind, especially the people who want the Wii to be more gaming orientated. The console is not aimed at you, fool. It is meant to be consumer friendly, not a hardcore system. If you don't like it then keep your Wii for playing you Nintendo games (and for nothing else) and go get a 360 with XBL. You want hardcore, then go get it. Just stop whining about the fact that Nintendo can't make miracles happen.

It is meant to be consumer friendly, not a hardcore system.

Yes it is a hardcore system. If you use some of the 50 million different made-up meanings for the word. Hardcore is a made-up word with no real meaning.

Hardcore is a made-up word with no real meaning.

It's an industry accepted term, that's why I used it. I'm sure that there is a definition somewhere but I can't be arsed to find it.

It's an industry accepted term, that's why I used it. I'm sure that there is a definition somewhere but I can't be arsed to find it.

It's a PR word to make something sound better.

People in the industry use it frequently to describe a section of the market (in terms of customers). These people have different attitudes towards games, so they have different gaming needs and will spend money in different ways. They will also be receptive to different types of media and advertising. I'm talking about a hardcore audience.

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick about what I'm saying but hey. This is the last msg i'll write about it.

Sign in to follow this