Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yEEEEEEEEEEEP! Indeed! ^__________^'

...Am I seriously being "explicit"? I'm just assuming the sex thread is the place for expousing those sexy tidbits. Are there any boundaries?

Actually this is the sexuality thread, not the sex thread (which we used to have someday).

Plus since this board also has younger people visiting it, I'm not sure it's such a good idea to be explicit, but hey!

Bjork feels the majority of human beings are bisexual but believes that due to different factors (culture, politics etc) people suppress it. Who is in agreement with this and why?

I think I'm inclined to believe her, mainly because I feel I am close to being psychic and I know human nature all too well. Even the so-called 'straightest' of guys will have an "urge" to peek at you while you're changing in the changing rooms... why?

Bjork feels the majority of human beings are bisexual but believes that due to different factors (culture, politics etc) people suppress it. Who is in agreement with this and why?

I think I'm inclined to believe her, mainly because I feel I am close to being psychic and I know human nature all too well. Even the so-called 'straightest' of guys will have an "urge" to peek at you while you're changing in the changing rooms... why?

The "peeking" thing, is human nature. There was a study about it, that I read of somewhere. There was a picture of a guy playing baseball, and then some men and women had the movements of their eye tracked. The women focused mainly on the head, whilst the men focused on both the head and the crotch. It doesn't suggest Bisexuality...it's just men sizing up the competition.

Hm, interesting viewpoint ... however, if it's true, we suppress it to extreme degrees.

Humans are sexual beings. They will fuck anyone and anything, depending on their own personal desires. But at the very basis, doesn't sexual gratification come from pleasuring oneself (no matter the how)?

In that respect she's right. (Kudos for quoting Bjork)

Thinking about it, I'm not sure I agree. Biologically, the objective of sex is to reproduce. That's why we love it so much: We've been genetically designed to want to do it as much as possible. With that in mente, it wouldn't make sense that we're all born bisexual. But again, we still really have no explanation for alternative sexual preferences, so nothing is really certain.

Pope attacks blurring of gender

Pope Benedict XVI has said that saving humanity from homosexual or transsexual behaviour is just as important as saving the rainforest from destruction.

He explained that defending God's creation was not limited to saving the environment, but also about protecting man from self-destruction.The Pope was delivering his end-of-year address to senior Vatican staff.

His words, later released to the media, emphasised his rejection of gender theory.

Speaking on Monday, Pope Benedict XVI warned that gender theory blurred the distinction between male and female and could thus lead to the "self-destruction" of the human race.Gender theory explores sexual orientation, the roles assigned by society to individuals according to their gender, and how people perceive their biological identity.

Gay and transsexual groups, particularly in the United States, promote it as a key to understanding and tolerance, but the Pope disagreed.

When the Roman Catholic Church defends God's Creation, "it does not only defend the earth, water and the air... but (it) also protects man from his own destruction," he said.

"Rainforests deserve, yes, our protection, but the human being ... does not deserve it less," the pontiff said.

It is not "out-of-date metaphysics" to "speak of human nature as 'man' or woman'", he told scores of prelates gathered in the Vatican's sumptuous Clementine Hall.

"We need something like human ecology, meant in the right way."

The Catholic Church opposes gay marriage. It teaches that while homosexuality is not sinful, homosexual acts are.

Rev Sharon Ferguson, chief executive of Britain's Lesbian and Gay Christian Movement, described the Pope's remarks as "totally irresponsible and unacceptable".

"When you have religious leaders like that making that sort of statement then followers feel they are justified in behaving in an aggressive and violent way," she said.

Opinions? Frankly I find it pretty shocking, but highly unsurprising. I find extremely doubtful homosexuality is going to bring about the extinction of humanity. What I do find surprising though is that there is a Lesbian and Gay Christian Movement. Now that's progress.

As for the "everyone's slightly bisexual" thing, I've kissed a couple of guys and it didn't really do anything for me and I don't have any inclination to look at other men in changing rooms. Who knows, maybe I just don't fancy those particular guys.

Thinking about it, I'm not sure I agree. Biologically, the objective of sex is to reproduce. That's why we love it so much: We've been genetically designed to want to do it as much as possible. With that in mente, it wouldn't make sense that we're all born bisexual. But again, we still really have no explanation for alternative sexual preferences, so nothing is really certain.

I think a lot of people are sort of bisexual, but not all to the same degree (so some people might never realise it).

And heh, not everyone wants to reproduce or wants to have sex all the time (or at all). Genetic mistakes? Maybe, but I don't think so. The human race has established itself well enough already that I feel reproducing isn't all that necessary anymore (too many people already living on this earth, I don't see the need to create any more). =P

I think a lot of people are sort of bisexual, but not all to the same degree (so some people might never realise it).

And heh, not everyone wants to reproduce or wants to have sex all the time (or at all). Genetic mistakes? Maybe, but I don't think so. The human race has established itself well enough already that I feel reproducing isn't all that necessary anymore (too many people already living on this earth, I don't see the need to create any more). =P

Bisexual without knowing? Hm, perhaps. I for one don't personally feel even the slightest hint of bisexuality.

One could hypothesize that the proportion of bi/homosexuals increases as a species becomes more successful.

Interesting theory.

Bisexual without knowing? Hm, perhaps. I for one don't personally feel even the slightest hint of bisexuality.

=P

But yeah, not saying it would be for everyone, but I do think there's a bit of bisexuality in most people. I know I have a bit of it, as I like looking at pretty women (though anything more than that I don't know...). It doesn't have to mean you will want to sleep with the same sex though, if you only have a small percentage of bisexuality in you.

And yes, this might not make sense to anyone but me, haha.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!