Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

General Gallery

Emasher

This is what my uncle did with an A1 sheet, a few black biros and about 500 hours. Sorry for the quality, but it was taken with a camera phone.

IMG_0113.jpg

Won't be to everyones taste as they're a bit weird, but the level of detail is pretty impressive. You probably can't make it out, but he's done all the grain on the wood and made everything look like it's got texture

I always mean to do stuff in Biros, they're very satisfying (and multi-functional).

That's really cool.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are really good! I especially like the sky in the first one. Also, are the paint drips on purpose on the second one. Even if they're not say they are because it looks awesome.

And the biro one is amazing! Try to get a better quality scan or something because you can see there's a lot of detail the camera phone isn't quite picking up.

^ isn't that stuff more commonly know as Mod-roc? Sure looks like it to me. 'Tis what I used to make a mask in one of my exams. Great stuff to mess around with.

No.

lol.

Mod-Roc is on the outside. The face imprint is made using alginate. Which is (in some form) what dentists use to make casts of teeth and such. It's more effective than purely using plaster/mod-roc. And easier/safer. The mod-roc is used to build up an outer layer so that I can get it off with ripping the soft alginate.

My sketchbooks are utter shite. I'm really disorganised as a person, so doing books well is an art I haven't mastered. I'm also lazy, so until ALL I'm doing, this won't improve. Desperately trying to make mine worthy of an A for tomorrow, after my exam is over.

Won't happen. OHNOES.

My sketchbooks are utter shite. I'm really disorganised as a person, so doing books well is an art I haven't mastered. I'm also lazy, so until ALL I'm doing, this won't improve. Desperately trying to make mine worthy of an A for tomorrow, after my exam is over.

Won't happen. OHNOES.

Haha, sounds alot like me.. most my other pages are rather poor. My deadline was yesterday... I spent from about 9 on wednesday night until literally half 5 yesterday morning, before having two hours sleep, and then waking up half 7 and spending a further 4 hours on it. And then I had a 2 hour art exam and had to hand everything. So now im suitably knackered. Hope I've done enough for a B or maybe even an A... :S

They're all very good, but these 3 are awesome! The bottom right cell in the third one reminds me of Metal Gear Solid. Although a lot of things are at the minute, I might be obsessed...

Ha! I thought the ones you left out were far superior to the ones you picked.

[/Fight over Dan's art!]

Them's fightin words!

I think it depends how I look at the pictures. I think the ones I picked are what I personally like and would choose them if I were to decorate my own walls or something. I'm a big fan of blocks of solid colours. Plus I absolutely love the background to the blue girl angel thing.

I like the others because they look (to me) like they were harder to do and took more talent. In terms of how interesting the pictures are, I actually prefer these. The ones I picked are just more visually appealing to me.

Wow, I'm duscussing art. How aristicratic of me.

I suppose. While technically speaking all of those are great sketchbook pages, as individual pieces of art, I don't find anime people/winged people/etc you find on the net all the time very appealing. These don't really fall into that, but compared to those hands and the masked man, they pale in comparison (for me anyway).

• 2 weeks later...

I really like all the stuff posted on this page so far. The biro work is amazingly detailed :)

Plus I really like your stuff dan, particularly the coloured stuff.

Randomly in the mood to draw and here is the result:

photo0140.th.jpg

He's a bit fatter than I intended but it was nice just to do something random like that.

I'm jealous of all the drawing skills in here. This is a pathetically small collection of the goodish things I've drawn:

Myself in anime (ish) form:

n687920340_394388_3529.jpg

Scanned, traced and coloured (The neck looks huge. Golly):

n687920340_400786_2666.jpg

A skull copied from a tattoo magazine:

P4281072.jpg

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!