NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Bananagrabber

Gametrailers Top 10 consoles

The Playstation was just a mess of a console (except FF), no way is it the best of the bunch. I'd put the N64 up there, or the PS2.

Yeah, I kinda agree, but I reckon I'd put the SNES as number one. I don;t think the PS was the best. But if I actually looked back at my favorite gaming memories, it would be the N64.

I get the feeling that they only put the PS up there because of it's impact rather than it's games. My list would go:

1. PS2

2. Dreamcast

3. SNES

4. N64

5. Megadrive

6. Saturn

7. PS1

8. GBA

9. PS1

10. 360 maybe? I'm not sure.

Dreamcast

I can kind of understand the Dreamcast being where it is, but IMO it would be right up there! Watching that short Dreamcast section just reminds you what a fantastic system it was! I'm so glad I bought the console (from launch) and didn't miss out!!

GameBoy

Should be much higher up on the list, it's such an important and revolutionary console. I think it's better than the GBA!

Gamecube

Think I'd put this on the list! Many awesome games!

N64

Would be my No.1 console! They are right in what they say that although it didn't have a vast number of games, the quality of the games are second to none! So many classic titles!!

Watching so many great consoles and then Playstation being the winner, what a dissapointment!! I'd completely forgotten about it and couldn't think what No.1 could be. There just seems to be a lack of passion in it's games!

PlayStation first??? It was the first console I sold.

And the GameCube should be on the list...so many great games.

I would personally put the Mega Drive above the SNES.

Playstation was an awesome little machine actually. I would still rate the SNES above it, but Playstation got me into gaming properly. Before it I had a SNES and Amiga, I didn't really buy many games to due to price. But when I got a Playstation it was more accessible because trading in games hit off and prices of games decreased. Can't deny it had a huge selection of awesome games. So yeah I'd definitely put it near top.

Obviously opinions will differ, but it sounds like a pretty ok list, to me. No really shocking decisions, such as putting the Virtual Boy up there, and there's always going to be one or two greats left out.

As far as that list goes for me, the N64 would be higher up in my list. I'd probably even count the DS/lite in the top ten, maybe in place of the original gameboy or gba (I didn't get on with the gba much)

I'd probably even count the DS/lite in the top ten, maybe in place of the original gameboy or gba (I didn't get on with the gba much)

Yeah, I would have probably put the DS up there somewhere as well. It's only a few years old but it already has more than enough quality games to warrant it's presence. Other than that, I like the list. Well, most of it.

I have the best memories from the N64 due to its amazing titles but for the pure amount of quality games available the PS2 has to win it for me.

You have games which made their mark such as DMC, Onimusha, Okami, SOTC, Ico, Kingdom Hearts, Monster Hunter ( loved that game to bits despite doing rubbish over here yet being HUGE in Japan ) Jak, Sly and Ratchet and Clank to name a few not to mention established franchises such as Tekken, MGS, FF and Gran Turismo. It really was a console for everyone and it had many a RPG to play on it which is always a good thing in my eyes.

As for the rest of the list, I wouldnt have replaced the GBA with the DS as I was never a fan of the GBA due to it having too many SNES games which I had played when I was younger. I would have rated the Dreamcast higher aswell. I also would have had the Sega Saturn in there somewhere as it one one of the most underrated consoles every made and criminally overlooked.

I find it hard to make a list, because I hold most of my consoles in the same regard, and my opinions on each of them change a lot (and I've only ever owned ten different consoles). My top five (in no particular order) would be:

PS2, Gamecube, N64, GBA, SNES

The gameboy seriously owns the GBA, Also gamegear was pretty amazing in its time, depite it eating batterys like somekind of battery eating thing.

My list from the consoles I have:

1. Dreamcast (Solely because it has Shenmue)

2. GameBoy

3. Gamecube

4. Xbox 360 (could go to top once games like Blue Dragon & Halo 3 come out)

5. DS

6. GameBoy Advance

7. Wii

8. CD-i

9. Atari 2600

N64 would be my No. 1 as it was the first console i owned and had great games(Golden eye, ocarina of time and super mario 64). IMO far better than the PS. The N64 is so far down definitely should be higher than seven.

I think my personal top ten would be:

1. Nintendo64

2. Sega MegaDrive

3. SNES

4. Gamecube

5. Nintendo DS

6. Master System

7. NES

8. Commodore 64

9. Dreamcast

10. Wii

Note: I own a small collection of Wii and DC games, so it will probably end up higher in a few years time.

16bit Era > Everything else. Gaming was already awesome before the Playstation came around.

List seems pretty fair. I mean my foundest memories are the N64 era, and while it had lots of kick arse games, the PSX had more. I'd take a guess and would of said PSX or SNES would of made top and pretty much they did.

The Ds lite should be in the list because Imo it has so many great games. Never before have we been able to touch virtual dogs, Peform surgery on people or Shout OBJECTION into a microphone.

My list from the consoles I have:

1. Dreamcast (Solely because it has Shenmue)

2. GameBoy

3. Gamecube

4. Xbox 360 (could go to top once games like Blue Dragon & Halo 3 come out)

5. DS

6. GameBoy Advance

7. Wii

8. CD-i

9. Atari 2600

Stocka man you really need to get a PS2 to play all of those RPGs that you are missing out on and then im sure the PS2 would sky rocket up your chart.

Erm my list would be like this (though I haven't owned a lot of consoles).

1. Mega Drive

2. SNES

3. N64

4. PS2

5. DS

Stocka man you really need to get a PS2 to play all of those RPGs that you are missing out on and then im sure the PS2 would sky rocket up your chart.

I was going to get one for £50 in that Asda deal but failed. I have been wanting one for all the RPGs and stuff i'd most likely really enjoy but think I might as well get a PS3. Shame the BC is so poor.

The Nintendo 64 will always be the greatest, it did so much for modern gaming: Analogue, Rumble, Lock-on system, Perfect 3D gameplay, etc...

My list goes:

1. N64

2. PS2

3. Gamecube

4. PC

5. Megadrive

6. DS

7. 360 (Likely to skyrocket)

8. Wii

9. GBA

10. PSone

Sign in to follow this