4. Gameboy Advance

5. Xbox 360

6. Gamecube/ Playstation

7. PS2

8. Dreamcast

9. N64

10. NES.

Now theres a motherfucking list for ya.

OMFG TEH WII IZ NOT IN DAT LIST, DAT IS GHEY!!

NO PS3 OR 360 EITHER, DIZ IS GHEY!

The Playstation was just a mess of a console (except FF), no way is it the best of the bunch. I'd put the N64 up there, or the PS2.

speaking of a mess of a console......

controllers,cartridges,third party, cost of games.

This thing was worse than ps1

I'd probably had put snes on top and ps1 second but i don't mind. the ps1 revolutionised gaming

i really dont think the gameboys should be there. it isn't fair

They made a fair choice putting the Ps1 at top, doing what it did for the industry.

I'd say if it was a list of important consoles it would have gone NES > Playstation > Megadrive > PS2. I think they were judging them on the impact they had on the industry as well as the games they had. That's why it's the top 10 greatest consoles and not the top ten software libraries. That's why the Gamecube wasn't up there.

speaking of a mess of a console......

controllers,cartridges,third party, cost of games.

This thing was worse than ps1

I'd probably had put snes on top and ps1 second but i don't mind. the ps1 revolutionised gaming

i really dont think the gameboys should be there. it isn't fair

Yeah, but when deciding which console is the best, it all boils down to the games. And the N64 had:

Perfect Dark

Goldeneye

SM64

Ocarina of Time

Majora's Mask

Conker's Bad Fur Day

Jet Force Gemini

Banjo Kazooie

Banjo Tooie

Mario Kart 64

F-Zero X

Donkey Kong 64

Star Wars Rogue Squadron

Lylat Wars

Wave Race

Smash Bros

which I think personally think put it in with a good shout.

N64 wins hands down, all i hear is people say it's the best thing since sliced bread but it never does well in poll's.

I don't think it would be fair making a list, I just don't like doing that kind of stuff. It's pointless and subjective. It's like scoring games. I really don't know what my fave console is. I mean, I played the hell out of NES when I was a kid, SNES has a ridiculous amount of awesome games, N64 was totally revolutionary and had amazing games, GC had a great lineup, GB/GBA has a shitload of amazing games, DS is the 2nd coming of Jesus, PS2 has some nice games, so does XBOX, it really is pointless. Like this post.

From consoles I've owned (and ignoring current systems):

1. GameCube

- Basically, I could afford a lot more games, and there were so many great ones, too

2. N64

- Some classics like Perfect Dark, GoldenEye, Banjo-Kazooie, Jet Force Gemini, etc

3. Mega Drive

- My first console loved it

4. GBA

- I have 3 games. W00! (5 of you count GB/GBC games)

5. PlayStation

- Got bored of it, and most of the games (TR, GTA, etc) quite quickly. Was still a casual gamer at this time. Sold it after I played Super Mario 64.

Well, I think the GC was awesome and had loads of classics, but I can see why it didn't make the list, but neither did XBOX, or N-gAGE LOL

Sign in to follow this