N-Europe

FFXIII confirmed for.. 360?

DiemetriX

Time to get your 'speculation' on people, the FFXIII project, Fabula Nove Crystallis, as it stands, consists of two PS3s games and a mobile one, but with a planned six titles in total, Square Enix's Motomu Toriyama has confirmed that other platforms (*cough*....360) will be recieving the FFXIII treatment.

source: http://www.cubed3.com/news/7323

This ties in what we have heard in the past. FFXIII has halways been made with an open engine that makes it easy to "port" to other platforms.

Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII :

• Final Fantasy XIII - PS3

• Final Fantasy Versus XIII - PS3

• Final Fantasy Agito XIII - Moblie

• Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII - ???

• Final Fantasy Dissidia XIII - ???

• Final Fantasy ??? XIII - ???

Pah-lease, of course one of those is gonna be made for the DS.

Why would one be specifically be made for the 360 though?

Barely any people in Japan own a 360, and Japan is Final Fantasy's biggest market, knowing Square these days I don't think they would risk making an exclusive for the console.

Who knows though? Maybe XIII and Versus could be ported over due to the PS3 not selling greatly either, Final Fantasy is still pretty damn popular in the west.

IMO, I can see each of the other three unannouced titles going to: Wii, DS and maybe 360 or PC.

EDIT: It could turn out like the FFVII Compilation though, there could be a film or an anime of some sort.

I bet S-E have been reading Nintendo's and Sega's 'How to milk a franchise and ruin its potential'

Pah-lease, of course one of those is gonna be made for the DS.

Barely any people in Japan own a 360, and Japan is Final Fantasy's biggest market, knowing Square these days I don't think they would risk making an exclusive for the console.

Who knows though? Maybe XIII and Versus could be ported over due to the PS3 not selling greatly either, Final Fantasy is still pretty damn popular in the west.

IMO, I can see each of the other three unannouced titles going to: Wii, DS and maybe 360 or PC.

Reason is McMad is because it'll sell more in the west, plus S-E have a new mmorpg in the works for pc/ps3/360 so one of those could be that.

Reason is McMad is because it'll sell more in the west, plus S-E have a new mmorpg in the works for pc/ps3/360 so one of those could be that.

On the 360 though? FFXI didn't go down to well on that and I'm sure all the teenage Playstation fangirls that love FF would rather get a PS3 and get two XIII titles than get a 360 and just get one.

[old news]In an interview with Gamestop, the creator of the Final Fantasy series has revealed that he believes Final Fantasy should come to the Xbox 360 as it has a lot of potential in North America and Europe.

source: http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=15255

[old news]In an interview with Gamestop, the creator of the Final Fantasy series has revealed that he believes Final Fantasy should come to the Xbox 360 as it has a lot of potential in North America and Europe.

source: http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=15255

Fair enough it could be possible, all I was originally trying to get across is that a title for the DS is much more likely.

And also the creator (Sakaguchi?) doesn't work for Square Enix anymore though, he's got his own studio Mistwalker now and is funded by Microsoft, so what he said could have been biased and doesn't really mean anything.

What is the big reason for all those ver. anyways:hmm:

Because ones an action adventure game,

ones a rpg,

ones a card battling game,

ones probably a mmorpg,

ones probably a racing game

ones probably a shooter.

So basically to do loads of different genres out of one license.

Because ones an action adventure game,

ones a rpg,

ones a card battling game,

ones probably a mmorpg,

ones probably a racing game

ones probably a shooter.

So basically to do loads of different genres out of one license.

lol

no

it's for money

lol

no

it's for money

I know thats it for money but its also true to get usefulness out of their white game engine they created.

But just think why did Dirge of Cerburus sell more than the game of than they should of: Two things and both things are in the title "Final Fantasy" and "VII" - together they are quite the potent combination - something that I wouldn't be suprised if SE try to build FF13 up to stature of FF7