re4cube14qi2.jpg

re4cube13wt7.jpg

re4cube11tx1.jpg

re4cube04qh3.jpg

re4cube08kb9.jpg

re4cube09yi3.jpg

re4cube02oe0.jpg

re4cube10fs0.jpg

:love: :love: :love: (yes, I love images)

More good news for RE fans - I'm a happy camper today.

I've not played the extra features from the PS2 version so I'm interested - and the budget price is icing on the cake!

Mind you, I say budget price $29.99 roughly translates to us as £40 as we normally get royally screwed!

I just hope they add more villager models so your not constantly chased by the same guys - dude with gray hair, bearded guy from the 1st house etc.

I'm fairly sure I won't be able to resist this and end up buying it anyway! :yay:

Wow, nice.

You know, with the Wii's extra GPU/CPU power and ram i'd be happy if they just got some Anti-Aliasing in there.

This sounds more like they're testing the franchise with the Wii setup rather than anything else. Why go to the trouble of porting RE5 when you can do the same with RE4 and see if it works. I'd guess if this was successful they'd probably try an RE5 port down the line. As for Umbrella Corp, well that's probably just to shut up the whining fanboys complaining the Wii didn't get RE5.

This sounds more like they're testing the franchise with the Wii setup rather than anything else. Why go to the trouble of porting RE5 when you can do the same with RE4 and see if it works. I'd guess if this was successful they'd probably try an RE5 port down the line. As for Umbrella Corp, well that's probably just to shut up the whining fanboys complaining the Wii didn't get RE5.
Unfortunately I don't think there is ANY chance of Resi 5 being on Wii! I think it's meant to be really pushing the PS3 and 360 so it would have to be a completely new build of the game to get it on Wii and I don't know if Capcam would bother!

Unfortunately I don't think there is ANY chance of Resi 5 being on Wii! I think it's meant to be really pushing the PS3 and 360 so it would have to be a completely new build of the game to get it on Wii and I don't know if Capcam would bother!

Yeah Resi 5 is never gonna make it to the Wii not as it is on the 360 and PS3 anyhow, its meant to be really pushing the machines as far as they can go...

Might get a sideline story to RE5 though. Who knows with these things.

Yeah Resi 5 is never gonna make it to the Wii not as it is on the 360 and PS3 anyhow, its meant to be really pushing the machines as far as they can go...

It could be probably easily done on Wii if they would cut unnecessary crap off. I mean, Capcom has boasted how they are going to render each hair invidually, do muscle simulation for faces, etc. All stuff that is only visible on cut-scenes, and most people wouldn't even notice them if someone wouldn't tell them.

Might get a sideline story to RE5 though. Who knows with these things.
Yeah maybe!

Hopefully the Wii get's another third-person Resi game at some stage, that uses an updated Resi 4 engine.

If sales of Resi 4 Wii and Resi:UB go well there's every chance!

Comparision picture between Cube and Wii version:

wiivsgamecubere4oh8.jpg

Of course, it is hard to judge from scans, but at least it isn't looking worse. And Dr. Salvador's bag face is little different:

salvador.png

And Dr. Salvador's bag face is little different:

salvador.png

Yeah I mentioned this earlier in the thread!

It's wierd you can see more of the face. Maybe it's one of Capcoms many attempts to make the game more family orientated! :indeed:

Yeah maybe!

Hopefully the Wii get's another third-person Resi game at some stage, that uses an updated Resi 4 engine.

If sales of Resi 4 Wii and Resi:UB go well there's every chance!

Yeh, I don't think it's something that should be ruled out. The whole RE4 Wii idea seems like testing the waters. It's not like they need the money and gamers haven't been asking for it. It came from nowhere.

Yeah I mentioned this earlier in the thread!

It's wierd you can see more of the face. Maybe it's one of Capcoms many attempts to make the game more family orientated! :indeed:

Remember, these pictures are of the Japanese version. There are quite a few differences.

Shinji Mikami apologises about PS2 Resi 4;

http://www.cubed3.com/news/7204/1/Suda51

Suda51's New Game & Mikami Apologises About Resident Evil 4

Quick News - Shinji Mikami has apologised to Nintendo fans about porting Resident Evil 4 to the PS2, stating it was not his decision.

Mikami, now at independent company 'Seeds', also told Famitsu that Goichi Suda will reveal a new game this summer.

Well, why doesn't he do what he said he would do? (i.e. cut his own head off). Or did he think everyone had forgotten about that.

salvador.png

the bag looks more tight...

Remember, these pictures are of the Japanese version. There are quite a few differences.

If i remember correctly it Japanese version was only missing chainsaw decapitation and explosive head-shots!

Well, why doesn't he do what he said he would do? (i.e. cut his own head off). Or did he think everyone had forgotten about that.

Im still waiting...

Maybe he's the new final boss for this RE4 Wii-make. Think the Krauser knife fight, but more apologetic.

The comparison that Teppo Holmqvist made makes the Wii version look better, I think. That might just be due to the vagaries of scanning, though.

The comparison that Teppo Holmqvist made makes the Wii version look better, I think. That might just be due to the vagaries of scanning, though.

That comparison is not that fair.. that GC shot is not from the final game.

Decent one!

BXcTdx.jpg

Im still waiting...
It wasn't his decision and he efectively quit capcom for that, he refused to work on the PS2 port and asked to be transfered to the now closed Clover Studio.

I don't even think he should apologise, let alone references to the "cut his head" incident, I rather have new games than a talented producer dead.

I don't even care that much about the port, we just know it's how Capcom works.

It could be probably easily done on Wii if they would cut unnecessary crap off. I mean, Capcom has boasted how they are going to render each hair invidually, do muscle simulation for faces, etc. All stuff that is only visible on cut-scenes, and most people wouldn't even notice them if someone wouldn't tell them.
Can't be a direct port though, because I believe RE5 is using the Framework engine, all they could import is the scenarios geometry, texture work and character models and such.

It would already be a big help and I agree with you, but it would definitely be more difficult, in instances like doing the same game twice, with different engines.

Capcom never said they won't do RE5 for Wii although I find it unlikely, but I also believe they are testing this market, releasing RE4 and REUC this year, if the games sell through the roof they might consider porting, IMO.

I mean, if RE4 sells one million I don't think that's something they can say no to.

I certainly hope we won't only get on-rails shooters like Umbrella Chronicles. I mean, what is the point of the nunchuck then?

If they could import the RE5 rescources in the RE4 engine, if it's backwards compatible enough, we may see 'a port' happening. That's not likely, though.