NEurope
flameboy

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

Anyone noticed the Price GAME.co.uk listed for RE4 Wii?

*shivers*

Full price???.. cof cof *ripoff* cof cof

..aye.. I noticed the price (but not the boxart) a few nights ago. I was hoping I was just imagining it, but for a price of £34.99 I just couldn't justify buying another copy over my GC version. I'd get it at £20, but no more. I guess I will just have to wait until it is cut in price somewhere.

I very much like the box though, looks really cool :hehe:

^ I think it must be a misspelling, I mean... it's confirmed to be 30 dolar and 2800 yen on another countries, right?

I'm actually not surprised. It should cost less.. but I reckon if it costs $30 in the US, or whatever it is, it'll be £30 over here. Which is just unfair, but likely to be the case I feel. £34.99 definitely would not shock me :hmm:

I'm actually not surprised. It should cost less.. but I reckon if it costs $30 in the US, or whatever it is, it'll be £30 over here. Which is just unfair, but likely to be the case I feel. £34.99 definitely would not shock me :hmm:
Hmmm, that's how it goes for pounds, but they usually don't convert it that way, I mean... Wii doesn't cost 250 pounds there.

I reckon, 30 dolars should be 30 euros, "should be" is not the expression though, since we are already paying more, but it's enough. 34.99 pounds is a joke by comparison, I hope they're just placeholding it without information of the final price.

I probably won't buy RE4 Wii on launch at full price.

I just bought the GC version for £30 about two months ago. Am now selling on eBay again so that I can buy this version, though prices have dropped :(

I think GAME have just put down the standard price for Nintendo-distributed games, rather than the actual price.

I think GAME have just put down the standard price for Nintendo-distributed games, rather than the actual price.

Yeah I'm hoping this is the case...we always get shafted with prices though, I mean the pound is pretty much at the $2 mark. So with that in mind the Wii should only be like £125 but thats never gonna happen what with VAT and rip off Britain.

..a tenner seems a little low considering how good the game is! I had considered selling mine in order to get the Wii version (as it supports classic control anyway, if I felt like going back to the original control set up!)

I just couldn't let go of it though, I'm gonna keep it and hope that the Wii Edition does come out at £20 or less.

..a tenner seems a little low considering how good the game is! I had considered selling mine in order to get the Wii version (as it supports classic control anyway, if I felt like going back to the original control set up!)

I just couldn't let go of it though, I'm gonna keep it and hope that the Wii Edition does come out at £20 or less.

Better than a quid, and I need to thin out room for more DVD movies, so unneeded GC games are going!

EDIT: It supports classic control?

Will this have both classic controls and Wii controls? If so there really is no need to keep the GC version, it would be totally obsolete.

I don't care if it wil come out full-priced or not, I'll buy it anyway because I never played the original even though I have a cube (shame on me, I know :P )

I don't care if it wil come out full-priced or not, I'll buy it anyway because I never played the original even though I have a cube (same on me, I know :P )

I only got it in January for £15, but never got enough time to get through it all. Flogged it off to a friend a few days ago for £20.

The GC version was rated 15 (as was the PS2 game, I would guess) so why would 18+ be on this box? The box previously posted also displays an age rating of 15..

I do very much like the box though :hehe:

The GC version was rated 15 (as was the PS2 game, I would guess) so why would 18+ be on this box? The box previously posted also displays an age rating of 15..

I do very much like the box though :hehe:

the rating is diferent for UK, you guys use BBFA or something like that for age rating above 15, whereas we continue using PEGI.

My RE4 copy has 18+ in it :) Also, the small UK box posted before this, keeps the 15 age rating with a red circle from BBFA, nothing to worry.

box_pal.jpg

OK that boxart really does look awesome!

Still not sure what that whole telephone pole looking thing is though! Thought maybe it was tree foliage, like under the Wii logo, but I don't think it is!

I agree that boxart does look pretty cool. I packed my Wii away as there is no games I want at the moment but it will be unpacked for this gem of a game.

OK that boxart really does look awesome!

Still not sure what that whole telephone pole looking thing is though! Thought maybe it was tree foliage, like under the Wii logo, but I don't think it is!

I ca't see what you mean? Telephone pole?