NEurope
flameboy

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

That licks ass. Why the fuck should I buy an inferior version of a game I've had for almost 2 years?

The Japanese version, which has less gore. If I recall correctly, the game is already or will soon be out in Japan. That's most likely where impressions are coming from. I doubt they'd remove the gore, it's Capcom.

The games already out in Japan.31st I think it came out.I really hope it's Japan only cause that would just suck.

Source

In that video was it not when they died bits blew off?

In that video was it not when they died bits blew off?
Maybe, but I don't think so. The first villager he shoots after jumping out the window dies in only one shot and you wouldn't normally be able to kill someone in one shot unless it was a decapitating head shot (which it looks like it is)!

Hi,

I am really looking forward to resident evil 4 wii edition. I have already finished the game several times on the GC but the wii controls would give a totally new feeling to this game. Unfortunatly I have seen a movie where they show how you play the game. I notice that to move the cursor, you have to use the nunshock. So you cannot aim with the wii mote. If this is the case than I wont buy this game because there wouldnt be anything new to it. Here is the link to the video I have seen and please can somebody tell me that I'm mistaking.

http://www.wiionly.nl/nieuwsitem.php?nid=1753

You turn left and right with the analogue stick while aiming, but actually aim with the pointer. So, no bounding box to worry about.

All the RE4 versions in Japan are censorship games.

- Headshot kills, even with non-explodable heads, as in the first section

before the main village, cause meaty chunks to fly out from the head with the head exploding sound, even though the head stays intact.

- Leon decapitations have been removed.

- Ashley chapter uses a multiple fixed camera view instead of over shoulder

roving camera.

All the RE4 versions in Japan are censorship games.

Thanks Dante. Goddamn, I'm away only for two days, and stupidity starts to spread. I have said it three times in this thread alone that japanese version was censored. But noo... :p

You turn left and right with the analogue stick while aiming, but actually aim with the pointer. So, no bounding box to worry about.

Really? I think that's how FPSs should be played, you moved forward, back, side step using the D-Pad, look around and turn using the nunchuck, and shoot and point using the wii-mote pointer.

See that video you posted Retro a while ago.That's made me want the game so much more now.Can't wait for it.

(I go on holiday the day it comes out :cry:)

Well yeah, it's a port...

If anyone was expecting better graphics you were WAY ahead of yourselves.

*Walks back to sanity*

I kid,I kid.Wasn't expecting a change.Though the graphics are lovely and better than a lot of Wii games out there.

20271-t_residentevil4_wii_gctowii_comp_gt.jpg

Resi 4 Wii to Gamecube comparison video;

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=20271&type=wmv&pl=game

So that would be exactly the same then!!

Not quite.

The Gamecube version technically displayed at 640x360, because it was the usual 640x480 display with black borders on the top and bottom to ensure that the visible play area always had the 16:9 ratio. The game didn't actually have a widescreen mode, so when playing on a widescreen the screen would be stretched a stupid amount, so instead you'd have to use the zoom feature which made the game look incredibly low-res.

The Wii version, however, runs in true widescreen. The graphical difference between the two will be the difference between 640x360 and 854x480. So basically we get more viewing area and less jaggies. Probably a framerate boost too.

Um, can someone tell me why the sniper rifle is being aimed with the nunchuk instead of the Wiimote?!

This is a Gamecube game with Wii controls tacked-on, it just so happens that they tack on pretty well to this game. Nevertheless, they're not adding anything new to the game, and the sniper rifle would require a redesign to make use of the Wii remote in order to make it aim like the sniper in Red Steel or something. It's simpler to just use the nunchuck and it's hardly detrimental to gameplay because most of the time you weren't hitting moving targets anyway.

I'm not sure if this was said before but anyways Capcom confirmes that RE4 will be uncut in North America.

Source

If they'll cut the german version (what the Germans are likely to do) I think I'll go mental.

I'm not sure if this was said before but anyways Capcom confirmes that RE4 will be uncut in North America.

Source

If they'll cut the german version (what the Germans are likely to do) I think I'll go mental.

Why? If you live in Germany you should either be used to it by now or should've gone mental a long time ago. If you don't live in Germany then why would you buy a German version?

Why? If you live in Germany you should either be used to it by now or should've gone mental a long time ago. If you don't live in Germany then why would you buy a German version?

And if you're that bothered learn English and buy a UK version online! Woo!

This game has supposadely sold 50,000 copies in Japan already and has gone in at....NUMBER 2!

Thats brilliant for a remake and a game which has been released quite a few times...

CVG gave the game a 9.3 and say it's by far the definitive version on Wii!

http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=165353

The pointer calibration here is so sharp you could cut yourself with it: even compared with Nintendo's own gunwork in the Duck Hunt-styled passage of Wii Play, it feels like there's greater precision in Capcom's handiwork. The crosshair visible on-screen doesn't shake (unless you're really scared and can't control your hands, of course) and there's no need to move your whole arm (unless you want to copy the hired stooges on Wii TV ads) - the result is an effortless and flawless targeting system that does exactly what you demand of it.

...NICE!

This game has supposadely sold 50,000 copies in Japan already and has gone in at....NUMBER 2!

Thats brilliant for a remake and a game which has been released quite a few times...

More than that... It's his second week there, it came out 31st may.

The pointer calibration here is so sharp you could cut yourself with it: even compared with Nintendo's own gunwork in the Duck Hunt-styled passage of Wii Play, it feels like there's greater precision in Capcom's handiwork. The crosshair visible on-screen doesn't shake (unless you're really scared and can't control your hands, of course) and there's no need to move your whole arm (unless you want to copy the hired stooges on Wii TV ads) - the result is an effortless and flawless targeting system that does exactly what you demand of it.
Sounds awesome! Great work Capcom!

Can't Nintendo get Capcom to share their pointer calibrations with other developers or something!

http://www.cubed3.com/news/7746/1/Nintendo_Keeps_Resident_Evil_4_on_Wii_Down

Japanese Sales | Nintendo Keeps Resident Evil 4 on Wii Down

Great performance for a port...but Nintendo victorious

Software Sales - 28th May-3rd June, 2007 | Total Sales

1.) Practice by Observing: DS Observation Training (NDS, Nintendo) - 94,834 | NEW

2.) Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition (Wii, Capcom) - 43,771 | NEW

3.) Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2 (NDS, Nintendo) - 33,738 | 113,910 (Bouncing back up from No.27 due to a restock)

4.) Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (PS2, Arc System Works) - 31,773 | NEW

5.) Wii Sports (Wii, Nintendo) - 28,612 | 1,657,818

6.) More Brain Training (NDS, Nintendo) - 20,662 | 4,327,943

7.) New Super Mario Bros. (NDS, Nintendo) - 19,907 | 4,500,164

8.) Wii Play (Wii, Nintendo) - 19,718 | 1,356,002

9.) More English Training (NDS, Nintendo) - 18,885 | 256,091

10.) Momotarou Dentetsu DS: Tokyo & Japan (NDS, Hudson) - 16,395 | 186,924 (Back up from No.17)

This is good stuff. Hopefully this convinces Konami that these games do 'work' on Wii, and that Resident Evil 5 or 6 deserves a Wii version.