NEurope
flameboy

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

Thanks

Did they rebuild the Ada sections using GC graphics? I'm enquiring mainly as that would be the new content I was buying the game for

I think they rebuilt them using GC graphics. Not 100% though.

Dunno if it's been posted yet but this seems to be the PAL boxart:

resident-evil-4-wii-pal-boxart.jpg

That is a really, really cool box.

I assume its on 1 DVD rather than 2 now?

Dunno if it's been posted yet but this seems to be the PAL boxart:

That's the mainland Europe one. UK has a BBFC 15 sticker on, not the PEGI 18.

I think they rebuilt them using GC graphics. Not 100% though.

Cheers, I thought they would, as most will probably be re-cycled environments from the main game I expect.

Only Adas "new" quest uses FMV during Cutscenes (lazy Capcom is LAZY), the rest of the game is ALL using GC engine!

Only Adas "new" quest uses FMV during Cutscenes (lazy Capcom is LAZY), the rest of the game is ALL using GC engine!

Hang on...so they made the cutscenes using the GC engine, recorded them as FMV from the GameCube engine, used them in the PS2 version.

Then they simply couldn't be arsed to C&P the original cutscene code into the Wii Version?

Heresy! Capcom are the greatest videogame company of all time.

Heresy! Capcom are the greatest videogame company of all time.

They would be if only they would give Killer 7 the same treatment , although I know re-makes shouldn't be encouraged.

Hang on...so they made the cutscenes using the GC engine, recorded them as FMV from the GameCube engine, used them in the PS2 version.

Then they simply couldn't be arsed to C&P the original cutscene code into the Wii Version?

What's the problem with it being FMV though, if they were recorded from the GameCube build anyway? I mean unless the compression is bad of course.

By the way, is anyone else not able to access the RE4 page on Wii.com:

http://wii.nintendo.co.uk/12721.html

I've been trying since it was announced on NoE's site yesterday, but it never seems to load. ::shrug:

By the way, is anyone else not able to access the RE4 page on Wii.com:

http://wii.nintendo.co.uk/12721.html

I've been trying since it was announced on NoE's site yesterday, but it never seems to load. ::shrug:

Same here, takes a load of time to finish loading, and then... nothing comes up.

You shoot with the 'A' button? :shakehead

It's easier to hold B and tap A than it is to hold A and tap B.

It's easier to hold B and tap A than it is to hold A and tap B.
True.

Would have been cool if it was hold down C or Z and then use B to fire though.

True.

Would have been cool if it was hold down C or Z and then use B to fire though.

Actually i find that annoying in games like Twilight Princess when you're using the boomerang.

But yes, using A is fine :) Can't wait for this game. When's it due out?

But yes, using A is fine :) Can't wait for this game. When's it due out?

In just over 2 weeks

Sexy. I'll be getting this for sure even though I've completed the GC version 5 times. Haha.

I had a dream about this the other day.One was I was on a large T AND L shape combined (Had the top of "T" and bottom of "L" with the line in the middle and I kept getting head shots with a hand gun.Also another time was when I was up a steep hill,I say zombies/ghosts going in to some place,then I ran in aswell and entered a room with weapons and I blew the place up and then waited for a Sun and Moon Zombie.

Talk about messed up.Sucks though,I was hoping to get this on the Thursday before it was out so I could play it,but turns out I go on holiday on the Thursday but go to a hotel to stay on the Wednessay night.Though i'm gonna have a great time when I get back.E3 news,Mario Party 8,Trauma Centre,Resi 4 and Big Brain Academy :D

I had a dream about this the other day.One was I was on a large T AND L shape combined (Had the top of "T" and bottom of "L" with the line in the middle and I kept getting head shots with a hand gun.Also another time was when I was up a steep hill,I say zombies/ghosts going in to some place,then I ran in aswell and entered a room with weapons and I blew the place up and then waited for a Sun and Moon Zombie.

Talk about messed up.Sucks though,I was hoping to get this on the Thursday before it was out so I could play it,but turns out I go on holiday on the Thursday but go to a hotel to stay on the Wednessay night.Though i'm gonna have a great time when I get back.E3 news,Mario Party 8,Trauma Centre,Resi 4 and Big Brain Academy :D

I have weird dreams, but not THAT weird. Sounds like you play too many games mate!

I'm gonna end up getting this even though I have the GC ver.....I'll prob end up getting it at the end of July.

I will prob get this game at the end of July as well. Not much point getting it sooner as i'm off on holiday in a few weeks.

Just read Ngamers review as well, a great 96%! 'RRP £30? RIP boredom. A Resi package that melds ace visuals, controls and features into a fine Wii game. If you've never played before there's simply no excuse not to'

I also have the GC version but pre-ordered this one already because it's quite cheap and I'm really looking forward to the new controls and extra missions but I mainly get it due to the new controls.

And hopefully good sales will make Capcom favor the Wii - although I don't see many chances for RE5 to come to Wii either way.

3 days!!! Prolly should pre-order today. For $30 on Amazon it's a helluva of a deal!