• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Top Posters In This Topic

Sugababes new album is offensively awful. Overly so. Get Sexy is the worst, most insulting pop song I've ever heard.

Thought I'd give it a listen for old times sake, but I was sick instead.

---

More positive...

Beach House - "Teen Dream"

beach_house-teen_dream.jpg

Toss me into a sandbox so I can imitate being sucked into quicksand.

Edited by Paj!

....scary.

New Hadouken! album is nothing great. Disappointing.

In great news, however: New Massive Attack album has finally hit and it's fantastic. New Groove Armada too, though that only hit the intertubes a handful of days ago. Not given it a proper listen yet but from what I've heard I'll enjoy it.

Edited by Dyson

Soap&Skin is so good. Reminds me of Fever Ray, trying to imitate Cat Power's manner of vocal projection, singing songs written by a collaboration between Bat For Lashes, Tori Amos and Tool.

The lead single:

Thanos' theme-tune.

Although this is my favourite (after 3 listens):

This stuns too:

now here I go again, I see the crystal visions

rumours.jpg

^ I found myself singing along to that, couldn't help it, a fantastic song, I really need to get myself some Fleetwood Mac... one of those bands that I've heard a lot from in various places but never truly took the time to appreciate.

Also I was relieved to learn that this is the actual artwork for Joanna Newsom's new album...

13556201x.jpg

It's no Ys but it's still lovely even with the black 'borders' which prevent it from being something truly stunning, loving the 'Clockwork Orange' style text.

Edited by S.C.G

I love how the cover to Rumours is immaculate.

And I really like the black borders of Have One On Me. Adds 70s chique. She's already mind-controlled us all, so she might as well be explicit about the fact that she's a member of the Hellfire Club.

--------

PJ Harvey is one of the few artists I feel I can recommend to anyone. Whilst she has less chance of dealing critical damage, all her attacks are really solid, and do loads of non-elemental damage. Really worth having on your team.

It feels she does "normal" music so well. If you like Radiohead or Muse or any band in that school of music, you'll appreciate PJ Harvey. If you haven't listened to her, you really really should. Just makes great, solid music.

This is off her dark, quirky album "Rid Of Me". I just scream every time I hear the end. Her rubbing grit into my open wounds.

....scary.

New Hadouken! album is nothing great. Disappointing.

In great news, however: New Massive Attack album has finally hit and it's fantastic. New Groove Armada too, though that only hit the intertubes a handful of days ago. Not given it a proper listen yet but from what I've heard I'll enjoy it.

I didnt know Hadouken! had a new album out.

I can now finally listen to some new Raoul Sinier!

Check this out,

I dunno if that just opens that one track or the album thingie.

I'd click it and see myself, but I'm in the middle of what I'm hoping is his best work to date.

I like.

For Razz;

Not my favourite, but it feels bombastic, and the video's good.

I listened to that earlier, and it warmed me. Thank you.

I forgot to mention that Thunderbird is available for free download by going to their myspace page. Also contains a dub version.

EDIT: Also @Paj, different albums but I love Play Dead and Army of Me.

Edited by Razz

Play Dead stuns, and is a famous one non-fans will probs have heard, it was a big hit/soundtrack song. It's (effectively) from her first album Debut (it was tagged onto later pressings, a la Rihanna et al). Army of Me is on Post, which is way better than Debut, and every song just has so much to tell. I have a feeling you'll love Enjoy from Post.