• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

So i've come to the realization that in the last 30 years, nothing has come closing to toping the awesomeness that is Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band. I've got tickets to see him in July at Hampden. I'm literally counting down the days.

I like Auto-tune. When used to add to a song, not to use as the voice on a Britney Spears album.

I like Kanye's album, it's aurally appealing.

It's alright IF it's used right.

T-pain is an example of where it goes wrong...horribly wrong. Kanye's album was alright, there were 2-3 really good tracks on there, but his first 2 albums are near classics. Songs like robocop off 808 were just...eugh.

So i've come to the realization that in the last 30 years, nothing has come closing to toping the awesomeness that is Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band. I've got tickets to see him in July at Hampden. I'm literally counting down the days.

Quite a bold statement, since there are some fucking awesome people out there.

(Very few people who are consistently awesome though - PJ Harvey is the only artist that comes to mind)

That said, I really must listen to more of The Boss, considering Tegan and Sara hold him in such high regard.

10 songs from 8862?

The Number Twelve Looks Like You - Jay Walking Backwards

Muse - Citizen Erased

Robots In Disguise - The Tears

Los Campesinos! - You! Me! Dancing!

Thursday - Understanding In A Car Crash

Girls Aloud - Biology

Fugazi - Waiting Room

M.I.A. - Paper Planes

Regina Spektor - Chemo Limo

Justice - DVNO

I like to think I have a varied music taste and there should be something for everyone in there.

Also I'm currently checking out Passion Pit

Off the top of my head:

Muse - Hysteria

Radiohead - Idioteque

Rise Against - Injection

Brand New - Sic Transit Gloria

mewithoutYou - Wolf Am I

Get Cape Wear Cape Fly - Call Me Ishmael

Young Sawbones - Straw Dogs

Gorillaz - 5/4

Incubus - Out From Under

Silverstein - Always And Never

I have quite a narrow taste really. Theres alt rock stuff, hardcore stuff, acoustic stuff, and thats about it.

But the fact of the matter is that it pisses everyone off that she's come along with that song and falsely represented the gay community. And stupid people (American Bible Bashers) think she does represent the gay community.

The line "Don't mean I'm in love tonight." kills that song. Kills it dead.

But, I don't get why it's a problem. How does it falsely represent the gay community? It's a pop tart singing about having a "cheeky kiss" with another girl when a bit typsy. In what way does that insult the gay community? Same with Ur So Gay (Not that Ditto mentioned it). It's not homophobic in the slightest, and yet people seem to misconstrude it as such without a seconds thought.

Plus, the bible bashers thing...who actually gives a toss what they think anyway? Surely anyone with an ounce of intelligence just thinks they're a complete joke.

Literally just heard 30 Seconds To Mars - The Kill and I have to say I love it. Though, the little bit of screaming in it ruins it. I'm so behind the times. Rest of their stuff any good?

Ok so I'm a little late here but I think if you enjoyed The kill you'll enjoy the rest of their stuff, I don't believe The kill was all that good, but then it was repeated on Kerrang..ALOT.

10 songs for mixtape CD etc.:

KoRn - Falling Away From Me

Queens of the Stone Age - Little Sister

Foo Fighters - New Way Home

All That Remains - Six

System of a Down - Question!

The Mad Capsule Markets - Fly High

Rie Fu - I Wanna Go To A Place...

Jeff Buckley - Last Goodbye

Radiohead - Street Spirit (Fade Out)

Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven

::shrug:

...Well, I've just realised that my mixtape would definitely have to be a 20 song double-CD. :blank:

Off the top of my head:

Muse - Hysteria

Radiohead - Idioteque

Rise Against - Injection

Brand New - Sic Transit Gloria

mewithoutYou - Wolf Am I

Get Cape Wear Cape Fly - Call Me Ishmael

Young Sawbones - Straw Dogs

Gorillaz - 5/4

Incubus - Out From Under

Silverstein - Always And Never

I have quite a narrow taste really. Theres alt rock stuff, hardcore stuff, acoustic stuff, and thats about it.

That's a great list. Looks like we might have similar music tastes.

Literally just heard 30 Seconds To Mars - The Kill and I have to say I love it. Though, the little bit of screaming in it ruins it. I'm so behind the times. Rest of their stuff any good?

Love that song. Not normally what I'd be in to but it's a grower. Ended up buying it for Rock Band as a result :D

Ok so I'm a little late here but I think if you enjoyed The kill you'll enjoy the rest of their stuff, I don't believe The kill was all that good, but then it was repeated on Kerrang..ALOT.

I shall give them a try on Spotify later, and see what I think. But thanks for the reply :)

This is my favourite song by them.

30 Seconds to Mars are average-to-good. My favourite song is probably:

(holy shit, when you search youtube for 30 seconds to mars, even if you have a different song title in the search terms, every single video seems to be The Kill)

I only heard one song by them. Aggressively vanilla.

Explosions In The Sky are my current tipple. Absolutely gorgeous stuff you can just...bask in. Can't wait to see them live.

Have you got all their albums? my personal favourite is The Earth is not a cold dead place. Your Hand in Mine, Six days at the bottom of the ocean and First breath after coma are epic.

yeus. And yeah that album is bloody amazing. In fact, it;s literally ending as I type.

You've got me listening to them now. My Springsteen will have to wait. The start to Six days at the bottom of the ocean is simply mesmerizing.

This Mixtape of 10 songs thing would probably end up too similar to the lists I've posted in the past so, I'll do a mixtape of my month

Marmaduke Duke - Rubber Love

Cat Power - Wonderwall (Cover obviously)

Placebo - Meds

Bloc Party - I Still Remember

Sia - Paranoid Android (Cover obiously)

Tegan and Sara - More for Me

Kate Bush - Running Up that Hill

Death in Vegas - Girls

Pixies - Debaser

Phillip Glass - Metamorphasis I - V

Kewl

Cat Power - Wonderwall (Cover obviously)

Wow.

Placebo - Meds

Wow.

Sia - Paranoid Android (Cover obiously)

Wow!

Tegan and Sara - More for Me

Wow!?

Kate Bush - Running Up that Hill

Yes!

Death in Vegas - Girls

Wow.

10yzwba.jpg

^ I love. Pearl having an orgasm.

-----------

Never Said Goodbye by Cerys Matthews is the most under-rated album ever. I just love every song on it.

Annoyingly, there aren't any videos of any of the songs off in on Youtube.

This is lovely however: