Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Japandroids - Post-Nothing

My pick of the day, great Sonic-youth esque band... only two dudes in the band aswell... I love!! But alas can't find any on youtube. Gah!

Ooh I've had one play of their album so far! :D I definately liked what I heard.

This week/next week I'm going through all the albums/artists I haven't listened to before that are on my computer/spotify. Which is difficult since new ones get added to the list each day! :p

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Top Posters In This Topic

Been years since I listened to that one, which is criminal really given how well vocally Amy Lee and Shaun Morgan work together as well as instrumentally because the guitar is really nice and offsets the tone brilliantly. Shame it's the only time we'll hear them sing together seeing as the collaboration came about as the two were seeing each other and now their not.

Have a listen to that Dyson (well and anyone else =p) and tell me what you think. I really like it, only problem I have with it is the length (too short). Cool video as well :)

Nice! Quite liked that. Felt like it could have done with a few more layers though, felt a little empty at times but still a fun piece of music as it builds up.

Yeeees! Love that song (Also, Gir! I'd totally forgotten how funny Invader Zim was). On Viva La Cobra, Smile For The Paparazzi, Kiss My Sass and Guilty Pleasure are brilliant. Church of Hot Addiction on their first effort is great too (the bunny in the video is amazing).

What do you think of their new song? (Good Girls Go Bad)

Just heard it for the first time, it's pretty good. Catchy and a bit of a guilty pleasure by the sounds of it. But a worthy addition to my library :D

The awesome dude graphic designer/music king decided to show my friends and I his brilliant experiment, a pen that recorded the sound of the line you made.

It was made from the needle from something, a speaker from something else, and the noise was incredibly loud. I loved.

I'm listening to The Pussycat Dolls Mini Collection...and hate to say I'm rather liking it. I never realised how catchy When I Grow Up is, I love it. I'm beginning to like I Hate This Part and Jai Ho too, annoyingly.

However, Bottle Pop is abysmal.

Nice! Quite liked that. Felt like it could have done with a few more layers though, felt a little empty at times but still a fun piece of music as it builds up.

Just heard it for the first time, it's pretty good. Catchy and a bit of a guilty pleasure by the sounds of it. But a worthy addition to my library :D

Try that one. I will be quite amazed if you like it actually, but I love it. One of my top 5 songs. If you would call it a song...

Allow me to present to you all..

Dyson's Album-A-Day Extravaganza!

Here I am again with an idea that I can probably write-off as a failure before it starts, but you never know, it might be worth a shot.

The premise is simple; every day/night for a week or so, you whack on an album, be it one you've been meaning to listen to, one of your old favourites, or a completely random selection. After listening to the album, whack your thoughts down in the thread.

The reason I've chosen to do this now is because I found my portable Hard Drive, which my old flatmate thwhacked 2gb of music he thought I'd like on it, and as a result I need a way to listen to it all. I figure an album a day is a good way right?

And having other people do the same would help me do it too. So yeah..let's go.

Tonight! I decided to give Cross by Justice a listen. One I've been meaning to listen to for quite some time now, I've had several Justice songs on my iTunes library for a while and listening to them intermittently was all well and good but felt very disjointed for me. I can happily say that after listening to the album throughout I think I'll appreciate them all a whole lot more, as the songs are presented in such a way that it a lot of them don't work outside listening to the album as a whole.

The variety was good, and my foot was tapping pretty much throughout. Wish I'd gone through the album before!

Next time on Dyson's Album-A-Day Extravaganza!, probably Antidotes by Foals. Bring it on!

I'm not overly impressed with Sonic Youth's latest offering. Admittedly I only own Daydream nation and Goo else from them, but still. It's just a bit...draggy. Doesn't have that element I liked about the other stuff I like.

---

I like Authechre. I remember looking for an albm of theirs, but then giving up and forgetting about them.

---

Yay Dyson's idea (despite that being what we do half the time anyway!). I'm off to listen to a short album....*picks* Matt & Kim by Matt & Kim. Never listened to it.

Yay Dyson's idea (despite that being what we do half the time anyway!). I'm off to listen to a short album....*picks* Matt & Kim by Matt & Kim. Never listened to it.

Good man. I dunno; I've never been an album person at all but I think this is a good way for me to get through all the new music I've been lumped with, and if other people are doing the same thing I'll be more motivated to do so :heh:

I love Autechre, though I 'only' have 3 of their albums and a couple of extra tracks. I think Tri Repetae is regarded as their best album and I really like it, but I much prefer Amber. It's very dark and twisted in places. Especially the last track, Teartear. A lot of variation, yet feels cohesive at the same time. Takes some time to like though, so you may want to give it at least two listens before rejecting it completely =P. There's my album for the day Dyson =P.

Haven't we been doing this since the thread started?

Lycantropy by Patrick Wolf is stunning me.

"I was once a boy, until I cut my penis off.

And I grew a hairy scar of stubborn fire.

Then I was a girl.

Until I sewed my hole up.

Then I grew a hairy heart of dark desire."

Brilliant.

Good man. I dunno; I've never been an album person at all but I think this is a good way for me to get through all the new music I've been lumped with, and if other people are doing the same thing I'll be more motivated to do so :heh:

Albums are an art-form. :cry:

Ooh. The topic is getting a little bit serious. I feel now is the perfect time to post something I meant to a while ago.

Was listening on of those compilation CDs from 98 or 99 on the way to Weston Super Mare a few weeks ago and this came on. It so awesomely shit. Good times.

To be fair, you can't really deny that albums are a form of art.

Yeah, album arrangement is a very important thing for credible artists. Basically I'm already put off if all the singles are at the start of an album.

---

Anyway, Matt & Kim was nice, if a bit forgettable. Currently listening to;

mingus.jpg

Brillianr jazz as recommended by my new favourite person.

----

What's the deal, Dante? I think she sets a good example. She has a great voice and is all-round better/more credible than a lot of her contemporaries, and the fact she's not obsessed with looks is refreshing, imo.

Here I am again with an idea that I can probably write-off as a failure before it starts, but you never know, it might be worth a shot.

The premise is simple; every day/night for a week or so, you whack on an album, be it one you've been meaning to listen to, one of your old favourites, or a completely random selection. After listening to the album, whack your thoughts down in the thread.

The reason I've chosen to do this now is because I found my portable Hard Drive, which my old flatmate thwhacked 2gb of music he thought I'd like on it, and as a result I need a way to listen to it all. I figure an album a day is a good way right?

And having other people do the same would help me do it too. So yeah..let's go.

Tonight! I decided to give Cross by Justice a listen. One I've been meaning to listen to for quite some time now, I've had several Justice songs on my iTunes library for a while and listening to them intermittently was all well and good but felt very disjointed for me. I can happily say that after listening to the album throughout I think I'll appreciate them all a whole lot more, as the songs are presented in such a way that it a lot of them don't work outside listening to the album as a whole.

The variety was good, and my foot was tapping pretty much throughout. Wish I'd gone through the album before!

Next time on Dyson's Album-A-Day Extravaganza!, probably Antidotes by Foals. Bring it on!

This week/next week I'm going through all the albums/artists I haven't listened to before that are on my computer/spotify. Which is difficult since new ones get added to the list each day! :p

That's what I'm doing anyway! :heh: but yes good idea I'll definately joing in! :D Though it'll be more than one album a day!

My highlight from yesterday was LCD Soundsystem: Sound of Silver :grin:

To be fair, that picture was probably the worst out of the ones in the link, I'm not a fan of hers personally but it's nice to see a mainstream female artist that doesn't seems to over obsess over self - image too much i.e she looks like she is a healthy weight and not stupidly skinny like a lot of them seem to be.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway... Maximo Park! I'm really loving their new album Quicken the Heart atm, at first listen I only 'liked' it, but after the second, third and fourth listens I now love it. :)

It doesn't have the energy that A Certain Trigger had or the same kind of charm that Our Earthly Pleasures posessed but it's a decent middleground between the two and a very enjoyable listen, Let's Get Clinical is particularly awesome. ^^

I love Autechre, though I 'only' have 3 of their albums and a couple of extra tracks. I think Tri Repetae is regarded as their best album and I really like it, but I much prefer Amber. It's very dark and twisted in places. Especially the last track, Teartear. A lot of variation, yet feels cohesive at the same time. Takes some time to like though, so you may want to give it at least two listens before rejecting it completely =P. There's my album for the day Dyson =P.

Autechre are amazing, though I don't really find much of their output particularly pleasant. Amber, for example, has often left me feeling unsettled and out of sorts. Still, it's an amazing album and I find the..severity of my reaction to it- almost physical- fascinating.

Some other albums I can't listen to. They just sound like random noises to me. Some kind of experimental form of sonic warfare. I imagine that may, in fact, be the whole point.

I only have the first three albums by them, I'm avoiding the more percussion based stuff so it doesn't ruin my liking for them :D I hear Quaristice, their latest, is meant to be more like their old stuff. I love Altibzz:

Dante, what's your point? Who gives a wank what she weighs? She's got a fantastic voice, and always will.

--

I keep discovering demo's from Leighton Meester, and I'm loving this one so much. God, I love her voice so much. It sounds nothing like it does when she speaks, it's so odd.

Bette Davis Eyes Cover

Her album cannot come quick enough. Ooo, and her video with Cobra Starship is released soon, which should be fun.

For anyone that's not heard

...you must. Now. Edited by Slaggis

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!