• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

My rule of thumb is that you should listen to an album at least 3 times before you judge whether or not you like it.

For a poppy dance album, Ladyhawke is actually quite varied.

Also listening to an album backwards is a good way of getting into the songs.

I loathe the album version of the song, but I'm loving this single edit. Definitely better than The Loving Kind. It's kind of soothing actually. Plus, there's not much Sarah, so they sound ace live again.

Saw that last night, and it did actually make that choice of song as a single make sense.

Though it's as dreary as The Loving Kind. They should release the other "60"'s songs, not the "dance-ballad" ones.

Saw that last night, and it did actually make that choice of song as a single make sense.

Though it's as dreary as The Loving Kind. They should release the other "60"'s songs, not the "dance-ballad" ones.

I still think it's better than the frankly boring Loving Kind, because it's got a much, much better chorus.

I totally agree, I wish they'd release Miss You Bow Wow. It's got the catchy chorus, and some trademark odd lyrics. I just love the "I remember living the dream, 20 minutes in the hotel bar then I slip into your girlfriends jeans".

(Or even "We Wanna Party". I love it, even though I know it's not actually that good in all fairness. The "We're so depressed, we wear our shades at night" is abysmal/I love it.)

Edited by Slaggis

Did I say Miley Jailbaits album was shite? I'm an idiot. Been listening to it more, and pretty much every song is good (bar the annoying one) even the Chicks Wanna Lol cover is good.

Full Circle however is fucking CHOONAGE.

Yeeeeeeeees! The Driveway, Simple Song, Full Circle, Fly On The Wall and These Four Walls I love. The rest are still damn good too. Full Circle sounds like a song from Avril Lavignes Let Go, had it been made now (imo).

Yeah Miley's album is pretty solid.

I just listened to Thinking Of You by Katy Perry for the first time in recent memory. I love the chorus. Her pronounciation sometimes annoys me though, such as the very first word of the song.

Yeah Miley's album is pretty solid.

I just listened to Thinking Of You by Katy Perry for the first time in recent memory. I love the chorus. Her pronounciation sometimes annoys me though, such as the very first word of the song.

The last time you mentioned it (When I posted the music video) you said something along the lines of "Hate it". I love her live performances of it though, she finally sounds good singing something live.

I can't wait for the Waking Up In Vegas video, it looks like it's going to utterly mental from the pics released. Really great song too.

The last time you mentioned it (When I posted the music video) you said something along the lines of "Hate it". I love her live performances of it though, she finally sounds good singing something live.

Things grow. I just couldn't get past "(compare) IS-ZONZssz (are) AYEZELE (done)".

Things grow. I just couldn't get past "(compare) IS-ZONZssz (are) AYEZELE (done)".

Oh yeah, I know they do, I was just saying what I remembered you saying. It's like I disliked Mileys album at first, and totally ignored it. Came back to it a couple of months later and loved it to bits.

Perry said in her next record she's going to "embrace pop and make a big pop record". Which I love, even though from what I'm aware One Of The Boys is pretty damn pop-ish already. Though, if it means an album of Kissed a Girls and Hot n Colds then I'm all for it.

Been wiki'ng Taylor Swift. Now considering how many songs she written about relationships and she's what 19/20? She must have fairly got about during school.

Lol! I've only heard the first half of her new album, because I got bored. It was just so...bland. When she was talking about breaking up, it was "I saw you in my rear view mirror walking away" or when it was about her loving someone it was "I ran across the field and kissed you". It just seems to utterly cliche...or maybe I'm just being picky.

Plus the fact she's too nice. There's nice, and there's trying to hide from the world the fact you're a massive whore nice.

Lol! I've only heard the first half of her new album, because I got bored. It was just so...bland. When she was talking about breaking up, it was "I saw you in my rear view mirror walking away" or when it was about her loving someone it was "I ran across the field and kissed you". It just seems to utterly cliche...or maybe I'm just being picky.

Plus the fact she's too nice. There's nice, and there's trying to hide from the world the fact you're a massive whore nice.

She kinda reminds me of Britney back in the day, when she was all pure and god like and saving herself for The One. We all know how that turned out.

I've got her first album and have gave it a listen a few times. It's not bad, could do with a bit more variety but it's not bad. Fills my 'Country Quota' on iTunes anyway :heh:

The new Super Furry Animals album is awwwwwwwweeeeeeesooooooommmmmmmeeeeee!!!!!

EDIT: No, wait, it's fan-fucking-tastic! I'm on my 3rd listen now. "The Very Best Of Neil Diamond" is shockingly good. Then it's followed by the incredibly happy, poppy, feel-good "Helium Hearts" I'm really happy at the moment! :heh:

Edited by ShavenWolf

I've fallen in love with Kelly Clarksons Breakaway all over again. It's one of those extremely rare pop albums where every song is a potential single, which is obviously why it was so damn huge. Such a contrast to her follow up, My December, which in my mind had only two potential single's on (Never Again, and How I Feel). Though saying that, Never Again has to be one of my favourite songs of hers because it's just so damn spiteful. Unlike Taylor Swift (random example), Kelly seems to know how to write a good breakup song.

It's nice to have her around (and Pink..though to a lesser extent, because I prefer Clarksons voice) when there's this sudden mass of electro-pop invading the charts.

Edited by Slaggis

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!