N-Europe

Oh yeah I have.

I think it's very good, actually. I think she should have kept it in concise, as it's overlong with pointless songs like Ready.

BUT it's an otherwise awesome pop/rock album, the best tracks being the first single, IDNHU, Long Shot and some others. A lot blends into one atm (not given it enough listens). I jizz at the end of MLWSWY when the chorus kicks in again, when you technically need time to breathe. I actually want a third chorus added in, just to wear you out completely.

I think it's a more successful album (quality-wise) than My December, tbh. It's an excellent poppy rock album, whereas My December was an alright, kinda dull rock/personal one.

The cover is hideous though, so I use the deluxe edition one on iTunes. :) I also wish more of the songs had more distinctive titles.

Overall good though!

Yeah, thats the only thing wrong with it. The Ryan Tedder tracks are pretty meh, his lyrics just come across so shallow (as in, he doesn't seem to explain the emotion he's describing in the song). Had it been 3 tracks shorter, it would have been such a brilliant pop album. She sounds INCREDIBLY like P!nk on a couple of the tracks, at points.

I love the fact she dared to give Whyyawannabringmedown a try, and then went to put it on the album. She does the Pop/Punk thing oddly well, it's such a hyperactive track. Definitely not something I would have expected Clarkson to sing. Plus, anything that screams "I'm not your love monkey" deserves a listen.

Edited by Slaggis

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Top Posters In This Topic

So anyone else listened to the new The Number Twelve Looks Like You album Worse Than Alone?

It's pretty damn good and it even has some pretty good singing on it :o

*goes and checks it out*

In the meantime, I'm super hyped for the new Röyksopp album, the second single has been driving me completely fucking insane.

I refuse to be spoiled except by singles. :)

To be honest the clips were so short, (with them mainly talking over them) I've forgotten what they're like. I shan't be listening again for the same reason you're not listening at all.

I just remember everything sounded brilliant. Especially "Pig Will Not" lol.

To be honest the clips were so short, (with them mainly talking over them) I've forgotten what they're like. I shan't be listening again for the same reason you're not listening at all.

I just remember everything sounded brilliant. Especially "Pig Will Not" lol.

Ha, I've heard interesting things about Pig Will Not! Looking foward to the album being released...when's it out btw?

Thanks for posting the interview anyway, though.

----

My copy of Juvelinia by Liz Phair came today! Come on rare EPs that should've gone for more than a fiver on eBay!

Classic! :D

In the meantime, I'm super hyped for the new Röyksopp album, the second single has been driving me completely fucking insane.

I wasn't sure about that at first, but listened a couple of times and it's growing on me, an addictive beat and I love the instrumental at the end, plus Robyn of course. Röyksopp are brilliant, had a chance to seem them when they toured with The Understanding and I didn't go, gutting. A new album though? Exciting.

Classic! :D

I wasn't sure about that at first, but listened a couple of times and it's growing on me, an addictive beat and I love the instrumental at the end, plus Robyn of course. Röyksopp are brilliant, had a chance to seem them when they toured with The Understanding and I didn't go, gutting. A new album though? Exciting.

Yep, definitely a grower... I din't think much of it at first either, but I'm rapidly falling in love with the damn song!

The first single's quite kitsch too:

Yep, definitely a grower... I din't think much of it at first either, but I'm rapidly falling in love with the damn song!

The first single's quite kitsch too:

I like it, does have that same sound that is so awesome in Eple. Space invaders video, love it.

I love that when "New Age" by Tori Amos came on shuffle, my desk vibrated. Come on bass. I actually love the production/sound of her cover album, Strange Little Girls. A lot of people hate it as she actually does something different with the songs, like Slayers "Raining Blood". I love her version. Making sense with some evocative lyrics.

I also love her sprawling 10 minute long cover of Happiness Is A Warm Gun. Most people hate it, but I don't knwo the original, so have a more objective view.

Scandanavia is the best region for music. Fact.

Truth (only if Iceland counts as Scandinavia).

Also, as much as I love Placebo their best song is still a cover of Kate Bush.

One of the loveliest songs.

I don't know how someone one writes such a brilliant album as Hounds Of Love.

Literally every song has it's own life to tell (apart from Mother Stands For Comfort, but even then, it's still pleasant to listen to).

I need to cover You're The One by Kate Bush at some point.

I know I've posted the album before but I only gave it a good couple listens the other day. Good songs, love the second one most at the moment,

Takes ages for music to click with me.

Edited by Daft

Also, as much as I love Placebo their best song is still a cover of Kate Bush.

You say that as though Kate Bush wasn't credible.

Truth (only if Iceland counts as Scandinavia).

It does.

"I thought I could organise freedom...how scandanavian of me!" - Bjork, Hunter

Sometimes I might like a bit of Placebo. I don't think I'd ever get tired of "Nancy Boy" to be rather honest. :smile:

----------

Anyways, one song I've always loved, but fallen in love with all over again after not hearing it in a good while, is The House of the Rising Sun by The Animals. Man, do I love the guitar in this song. Plus the singer's gravelly voice just suits the mood of the song.

It's a Vintage Video

The Animals - The House of the Rising Sun - 1964