• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Top Posters In This Topic

I fail to see the...fuss. Its okay, but I don't see what makes it stand out from every other female pop with a dash of 'rock' song out there.

*goes back to listening to Air*

SNAP!

The listening to Air after briefly listening to that Kelly Clarkson song bit.

Virgin Suicides is just... *floats away on a cloud of joy*

SNAP!

The listening to Air after briefly listening to that Kelly Clarkson song bit.

Virgin Suicides is just... *floats away on a cloud of joy*

Air are just so comforting. They're like the homebaked apple pie of music. Fantastic stuff. Perfect for all kinds of emotional states. (with my current one being braindead).

Personally my favourite album is Talkie Walkie, although to be fair I've not given Moon Safari and most of Pocket Symphony a try (and I do enjoy TVS soundtrack, but prefer TW).

But yes, SNAP! :D

Everyone go get Matt & Kim's new album. Just listened to it all and it is great.

For some reason I imagine they are something Haggis would like. :smile:

Hey, I'll defend P!nk through hell and highwater (usually), but it just clunked along so many times during it's length it was exruciating.

Ha, fair enough. I don't actually have the song so I only ever hear it now and again.

My mum and I approve of Pink. :heh:

Currently listening to a bit of Neil Young's After The Gold Rush

utterly sublime bit of music happening here, seems. Such articulate, beautiful disapointment. Love, politics, people. It's a weary album, I suppose, following the optimism of the sixties. It's so wonderfully done, though. Sad people make pretty music.

Awww :heh:

I don't believe my mother and I share any common interest in music. She's more into 90's boy bands bless her. Oh and Donny Osmond.

My mum listens to the same music as me. I left † in the car for her to listen to. It's either that or she listens to Alive 2007.

Ooo! I'm loving "Yea Yeah". Thanks for the tip, Daft! :D

I love the video for that. The end makes me laugh so much. Just looks so much fun. I love the way Matt & Kim look so happy even when food is being chucked at them.

Daylight is currently my favourite. On the new album, the outro is a slow version of it that sounds great.

And to think, I found them by fluke. :)

At this very second I am listening to Ziggy Stardust, just in a Bowie kinda mood.

Currently listening to a bit of Neil Young's After The Gold Rush

utterly sublime bit of music happening here, seems. Such articulate, beautiful disapointment. Love, politics, people. It's a weary album, I suppose, following the optimism of the sixties. It's so wonderfully done, though. Sad people make pretty music.

A post that made me smile.

Summer, Kind of Wonderful wasn't it?

It was indeed. At the White Party, or whatever it was called.

--

Kelly Clarksons second single is apparently going to be "Hook Up", which was originally recorded and co-written by Katy Perry. Obviously they will have made it more...Clarksonish.

Kelly Clarksons second single is apparently going to be "Hook Up", which was originally recorded and co-written by Katy Perry. Obviously they will have made it more...Clarksonish.

Perry sounds shit on that, like she was trying to sing a Kelly Clarkson song! :heh: So yay.

Personally my favourite album is Talkie Walkie, although to be fair I've not given Moon Safari and most of Pocket Symphony a try (and I do enjoy TVS soundtrack, but prefer TW).

I only have Moon Safari and The Virgin Suicides so far, trying to go chronologically. :smile:

---

I'm loving Hurricane by Grace Jones atm, and only she could pull off this as the lead single from the album;

"Corporate Cannibal"

She's a terrifying creature, when she wants to be.

He's a Mormon, you like Big Love. I'm sensing a bonding experience for you and your mother!

Haha true.

I may try and bring that up when I see her Sunday. "Hey so you like Donny Osmond, he's a mormon. What's your opinion about the principle?"

(is prinicple general Mormon or is that just fundamental? I'd presume it to be a case of 'have as big as family as you can' in Mormonism and in fundamentalism they juts add '...through polygamy!')

Haha true.

I may try and bring that up when I see her Sunday. "Hey so you like Donny Osmond, he's a mormon. What's your opinion about the principle?"

(is prinicple general Mormon or is that just fundamental? I'd presume it to be a case of 'have as big as family as you can' in Mormonism and in fundamentalism they juts add '...through polygamy!')

I've not heard of the term "the principle", so it must be a fundamentalist thing. In mainstream Mormonism you are encouraged to have as large a family as you desire, whatever is right for you.

That is what they are referring to as "the principle", the concept of having as large a family as possible to ensure you're all together in the afterlife and such. Same notion, just a different word I suppose.

Anyway. Music :p

Im loving Bloc Party's 'Signs' at the moment. See. On topic and everything!

I love Yeasayer.

Literally causes an ambiance in my head, which many people want back into.

Probably skip to 1.30ish, but that video is one of my favourite things ever - especially when the crowd join in, it's literally amazing. Yeasayer are rather brilliant.

Air are just so comforting. They're like the homebaked apple pie of music. Fantastic stuff. Perfect for all kinds of emotional states. (with my current one being braindead).

Seconded. Actually I only have TW, but it's pretty amazing. Alone in Kyoto is such a good acoustic song to play duet aswell.

In other news, I finally downloaded RAC remix of Back In Your Head which I now rather love. And got the slumdog soundtrack which is pretty awesome, especially this DFA remix of paper planes... great video aswell

Doubting anyone cares, or even listens to them, but the new Damone album, Roll The Dice, is fantastic so far. I've heard about half of it but what I've heard is brilliant. Quite different from their other stuff. Songs such as 'When It Ends' and 'Conquer Me' are nearly on the opposite scale of what they have been doing previously but they are great: can just stick them on and relax/chill out to them as they are a more relaxed style of rock. Need to hear the rest of the album which'll require me to push my mother to buy me the album off of iTunes or whatever but it's great so far.

That's basically the only new music I've been listening to lately, not that I remember much of what I've been listening to. Had a strange day earlier in the week when I was just listening to Rod Stewart's Young Turks. It's a good song, and in my eye probably his best, but I don't have a clue why I was listening to it. Also had a strange craving to listen to Poison by Alice Cooper, another fantastic song. Think it was brought on by watching Wayne's World 2 and realising that Alice Cooper was the better musician out of him and Aerosmith used in the films.

I'm going to kill aimless.

Why? because now I'm obssessed with listening to Lamb, specially ''Sun'' and ''Stronger''

Lamb are lovely. Unless you aren't referring to the Lamb that features in Music Warz!.

---

Dan-Likes-Trees has been infected with the "rather" syndrome by Haggis, I see. But at least his musical posts are a joy to read.

---

I'm unashamedly listenng to Up! by Shania Twain. I've never heard another album with so much smiles guaranteed to be seen during listening.

That sounds so incredibly bitchy.

I actually love it. :D

Oh..it wasn't meant to. It was meant to be taken literally, without any suggested emphasis on the "his" (which would make it bitchy...).

I wasn't saying anything about you (or your posts). Except that I hate 'rather'. But you didn't invent the word! : peace:

There's no shame in listening to Shania Twain. I listen to her. She's good. The reason I listen to her is for the memories of having to listen to her for an entire week when I was in Sunderland at some hockey school. But saying that, Don't Impress Me Much and I Feel Like A Woman are great songs. Can't remember much of her other stuff. Perhaps it's time to look it out. :)