N-Europe

A lovely new take on Relief Next To Me.

I love the lyrics "That thunder moves like damn drawers slamming in my frame, Slamming in my framework." I just imagine her in a scaled-up wire mess box thing that they use to catch fish/lobsters/things in the sea, being slammed against a sea wall/ jagged rocks - a lovely vision I have in my head.

I love the fact that they are actually funny aswell. Could be stand-up comedians if they tried hard enough. Lovely banter about Sarah Palin.

I love the really sarcastic comment at the start. "That's such a good song Sara! It's really impressive that you wrote it" (The previous song was a cover of Rihanna's Umbrella)

I just love their hair so much. Consistently looks amazing.

My favourite song too. I couldn't begin to describe the images I have in my head for the lyrics.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the really sarcastic comment at the start. "That's such a good song Sara! It's really impressive that you wrote it" (The previous song was a cover of Rihanna's Umbrella)

I just love their hair so much. Consistently looks amazing.

My favourite song too. I couldn't begin to describe the images I have in my head for the lyrics.

True, judging by youtube they have some great onstage banter. I neeeeed to go see them when they next tour. Last.fm tells me I just passed the 1,000 plays mark :/

Favourite songs for me... Fix You Up. Living Room. Come on Kids. Call it Off.

True, judging by youtube they have some great onstage banter. I neeeeed to go see them when they next tour. Last.fm tells me I just passed the 1,000 plays mark :/

When I saw them, something was wrong with Tegan (she was crying) and they came out late, so they had to rush through their set-list, and didn't have any time to have banter :(

3930 Tegan and Sara plays scrobbled from me!

Favourite songs for me... Fix You Up. Living Room. Come on Kids. Call it Off.

Favourite songs of mine:

Time Running

Downtown

I Was Married

Relief Next To Me

The Con

Knife Going In

Are You Ten Years Ago

Back In Your Head (RAC Mix)

Like O, Like H

Lol, I just started going through The Con, and realised I was just writing out the track list. I truely love all the songs though.

None of their previous stuff compares to The Con IMO. So Jealous is a lovely album and is fun to listen to, but it's unremarkable - it has no consequence on my musical life.

Been looking through my iTunes library and i'm suprised by how much its changed. Back in the day when I got my first iPod, i only ever used to download singles or song I liked. Contrast that with nowadays where as I always buy albums. I'll still buy songs if I like them but im more inclined to buy the album, since I figure if it's got a song I like - it's bound to have more.

So what about everyone? Singles or Albums?

Always albums with me. Regardless if I buy an album and only like one song on it, it just feels better to buy the album. Who knows. People's tastes in music can change so even if I only like one song now, a couple of months down the line I may like more. Never bought a single in my life for that reason.

Starting the new year on a good music note. Have discovered a new band already who are great. The only downer is that they're a female fronted band which is beginning to get a bit over the top but they are good which is alright. Step Down by The Moxy if anyone is interested in hearing a new-ish band. Also started listening to The 69 Eyes. Have heard bits of their music all over their place and yet never listened to anything by them in full so now I am. (Thinking of doing my hair like the drummers seeing as it's at an appropriate length for it. Just need straightners.) Will be doing the same with Hanoi Rocks. I'm gonna try use this year to try and explore more of the rock music I hould be listening to and stop getting side tracked by other styles (that Katy Perry song got me hooked for ages, annoyingly).

Soulwax's remix of MGMT's 'Kids' kicks the Pet Shop Boys' remix's butt.

That is all.

It is indeed lovely. Got me listening to the original actually, which for some unknown reason I'd never given any attention to.

---

First song of the new year for me was... *looks up*

lol! Nine Million Bicycles - Katie Melua.

Feels lovely.

---

My fave Tegan & Sara songs; (In chornological order)

Not Tonight

Underwater

Living Room

Terrible Storm

And Darling

Most of So Jealous is consisantly lovely, so I daren't choose. It doesn't reach any fo the heights of some of the songs on the Con though.

Relief Next To Me

Knife Going In

Floorplan

Like O, Like H

I Was Married

\-------

Albums, for me, by proper musical artists. If I really find a Pussycat Dolls song catchy, I'll buy the single. But not with say, Liz Phair or Antony & The Johnsons.

Albums are a collection of songs that should form a whole, representing either an idea or a period of the artists life, whatever. (Note this is why I dislike bands/genres that don't let each album be different from the next)

So even if a lot of the songs arent to my liking, at least I have the full picture as they wanted it presented.

If anyone can find:

Breakbots remix of Pacific!'s Hold Me

Breakbots remix of Pacific!'s Runaway To Elsewhere

They are chilled and fantastic.

The Hype Machine is your friend. :smile:

It is indeed lovely. Got me listening to the original actually, which for some unknown reason I'd never given any attention to.

I only just started listening to their album last week. :heh:

I know it's not the most popular opinion, but I feel they're WAY overrated. They're good, but not enough to justify the hype. (This album at least)

Definitely agree with that.

What the hell does,

'A family of trees wanting,

To be haunted.'

mean anyway? :confused:

The Handshake is like my favourite song ever, structurally.

I like 'The Youth' but I'm not sure why. :heh:

What the hell does,

To be haunted.'

It's less that, as I listen to a lot of people with seemingly nonsensical lyrics, but it's just in general, they seem to be worshipped, when it's like they're orgasmic. They're akin to musical foreplay. But nothing else. (Except maybe Time To Pretend, though that's not their best)

I know it's not the most popular opinion, but I feel they're WAY overrated. They're good, but not enough to justify the hype. (This album at least)

Mhm. I do like them, and have enjoyed them since about April but they have suddenly exploded. Its a nice album but not that great.

What the hell does,

To be haunted.'

I like 'The Youth' but I'm not sure why. :heh:

A forest desiring to be spooky?

I like 'Time to Pretend', in spite of its overplayedness. The idea of youthful lives such as that described ("Let's make some music, make some money, find some models for wives") appeals to me (hence why I watch trashy teen tv).

But then the line "This is a call to arms, to live and love and sleep together" is perhaps my favourite from the whole album.

Yeah, had they not been hyped I would have meh'd.

But those lyrics are driving me nuts because I have no idea what they are even vaguely about. :heh:

A forest desiring to be spooky?

I like 'Time to Pretend', in spite of its overplayedness. The idea of youthful lives such as that described ("Let's make some music, make some money, find some models for wives") appeals to me (hence why I watch trashy teen tv).

But then the line "This is a call to arms, to live and love and sleep together" is perhaps my favourite from the whole album.

I like the line, 'Fated to pretend'. Sums up my life in three words. Maybe I should make it my motto.

Yeah, had they not been hyped I would have meh'd.

But those lyrics are driving me nuts because I have no idea what they are even vaguely about. :heh:

That's what's lovely though.

I like when lyrics remain a mystery until it finally clicks what's going on.

I hate lyrics which are far too blatant (like the whole of Peaceful, The World Lays Me Down by Noah And The Whale)

I like that expression too.

Because I have an assignment to do I've dug into the song meaning instead! Different suggestions include;

1) Its about The Giving Tree (book) and the line prior says "Control yourself, take only what you need from it"

2) Again as above, control what you take from the tree, but in this case its your geneology tree

3) As above but controlling what you take from nature (ie dont rape nature!)

4) Building on the family tree thing; if you're not careful you're doomed to be haunted by your past (parents mistakes will become your own etc)

5) The trees are waiting to be haunted, i.e. they want to be alone like haunted trees are in the forest because nobody haunts busy trees in the middle of cities do they? Preusmably again this is an environmental slant.

And then I got bored.

I like 4 best, because it draws into the notion of the song ("kids"). Plus I've always liked that theory; we're doomed to repeat our parents fuckups.

Good albums, not so much stuff I listen to all the time but they are nice to listen to now and then, Viva le Vida and Spaceman are the two best tracks on the albums respectively imo. :)

I was listening to The Killers while hoovering yesterday and I was enjoying what I was hearing. :)

The problem for me is that I felt that apart from Human and Spaceman they all blurred into one so I'll need to give it a proper listen but it was very relaxing while testing out my new hoovering technique!

Have yet to listen to Coldplay also but I do like the song Violet Hills. :D

Coldplay and The Killers are the most generic bands in existence though.

I literally feel like I'm losing my personality when I listen to Coldplay.

That is what I sort of felt! Not neccesarily (sp. :() that I'm losing my personality but the songs for me with The Killers I feel merge together I'd like a few more standout songs. I've yet to listen to Coldplay really.

From what I've listened to some songs are definately relaxing and good! (well I like them)

Like S.C.G. said I'd listen to them every now and again!

____

I like MGMT's Weekend Wars. I'm not sure why. :heh:

I think I liked Pink back in the day! anywho I've been giving her new album a listen and it is pretty good stuff. :D

Also PAJ PAJ PAJ PAJ PAJ Which Madonna albums/songs did you say where worth listening to? :)

1) Its about The Giving Tree (book) and the line prior says "Control yourself, take only what you need from it"

The line is, 'Take only what you need from him'.

So I didn't see any real relation to the line about the trees.

He totally 100% says him.

Are there lyrics in with the album book thing? Can someone check it?

It's 'him' because it's relating to the line earlier,

"Crawling on your knees toward him

Making momma so proud"

Edit: Nope, it is an it.

Don't like it that way. I'd rather it make less sense and be 'him'.