• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno If I missed it, but was there ever any discussion about The Killers' new album?

I like it alright, as I've played it through a few times (easier to do than with Sam's Town), but it's nothing spectacular.

a.k.a it's not Hot Fuss.

Dunno If I missed it, but was there ever any discussion about The Killers' new album?

I like it alright, as I've played it through a few times (easier to do than with Sam's Town), but it's nothing spectacular.

a.k.a it's not Hot Fuss.

There was a bit a page or two back.

Personally I dislike it. Spaceman and Human aside the album is nothing great, the other songs don't stick in my mind and are unappealing.

Personally I prefer Sam's Town over Hot Fuss, and this album is worse than both of them. In a cut off my nose to spite my face kind of way I'm glad I didn't get tickets for the O2 gig in London, especially if they'd have played mainly Day & Age songs.

There was a bit a page or two back.

Personally I dislike it. Spaceman and Human aside the album is nothing great, the other songs don't stick in my mind and are unappealing.

Personally I prefer Sam's Town over Hot Fuss, and this album is worse than both of them. In a cut off my nose to spite my face kind of way I'm glad I didn't get tickets for the O2 gig in London, especially if they'd have played mainly Day & Age songs.

It seems no two persons opinions on The Killer's are the same even if they like them lol because for me I really liked Hot Fuss when it came out, but now I only like about half the album... Sam's Town, I loved pretty much all of it when it came out and I still do, Day and Age, I love half of it but the rest is strangely growing on me, Human is overrated, Spaceman is awesome, I also like A Dustland Fairytale, Losing Touch, Neon Tiger and A Crippling Blow.

Interestingly that last "bonus track" sounds the most like something off of Sam's Town than any of the others and I really like it for that, anyway, overall it's a great album I think, just not amazing like the second was. :smile:

I love mishearing jokes.

Tori Amos is the best for misheard lyrics. Like the straitjacket bit in Beauty Queen.

And I always think she's going to say "an aphro-disiac" when she says "an afro, a pharaoh"

I prefer a mishead lyric by someone from a McFly song. "My voice is gone for screaming and my body aches from giving them head."

(should be 'hell', although 'head' is more amusing)

I love all The Con demos.

In Encircle Me (or The Con - if you want to get technical), Tegan actually sounds like she's going to break down into tears.

Much more emotion than the studio versions.

Remind me why I heart the demo of Floorplan.

Like random bursts of synth at appropriate moments.

I've never liked The Killers.

The Kills on the other hand... One of my favourite bands ever. Just so much attitude and lovely music.

Totally agree. It annoys me when people think I'm talking about the killers when i specifically made it obvious I said The Kills.

Hope i'm not to late to the killers discussion, I loved Hot Fuss, as one of my favourite albums full stop, sams town was not what i expected, it felt so...downplayed? i only liked sams town, bones and...where the white boys dance, really songs that i shouldn't have liked, only one was a single etc. But i like the early half of Day and Age, and neon tiger, other than that not a fan of the dust one either.

I cant just spend money on live album willy-nilly.

I've seen them live anyway! So I kinda did the real deal, in a way.

Just started listening to Hit The Floor by You Say Party! We Say Die!, and I bought All Hour Cymbals by Yeasayer, which I'm eager to listen to.

I've only just realised how brilliant The Cranberries are, can't believe I didn't give them a chance before.

Struggling to get in to new music these days, just find myself listening to the same old stuff which has mainly been:

The Shins

Nada Surf

Lovedrug

Explosions in the Sky

Brand New (after taking ages for it to grow on me I love the newest album)

Relishing the fact I finally have an iTunes store account;

Bought the Glasvegas "Christmas" album, which is the new bonus disc attached to the latest versions of the album (which I already have and love).

Bought Future Lovers/ I Feel Love (Live) by Madonna...one of the purest aural moments of pleasure I've ever heard, never had the official version, only the inferior tour demo.

Bought the music video for Single Ladies by Beyonce, as it's a feat of dancing.

I'm so glad I wasn't the only one to hear:

"Kitty Kitty, Kitty Kitty Oooh" rather than "Get it Get, it Get it Get it Oooh"

On Britneys "I'm A Slave 4 U". I literally had no clue until I looked up the lyrics, and a couple of my mates (Well, one mate who's obviously as dense as I) thought the same thing.

Last.fm's best of 2008

I kinda hate how MGMT and Coldplay totally dominated.

I love Santogold and Foals getting recognised. And Sigur Ros' latest album.

Apparently I listened to 4 of the artists, only 2 of the albums and 3 of the tracks.

Also anybody on this forum heard of Murder By Death?

And anyone who hasn't needs to hear them.

heres a couple of songs:

Britney - Circus - Good Morning America's "Happy Birthday Britney Circus"

Would be nice if her tour looked something like this, but on a bigger scale obviously.

Before someone says it, yes she's obviously without a doubt miming. But the "Womanizer" performance obviously had her singing to a backing track. Nice to finally see some actual dancing rather than just strutting. It's still not "wow" (far from it) but it's definitely improving, so hopefully by the tour she'll be back to her best. Also, those abs!

--

What is with Coldplay and last.fm? Seriously, why are they played that much?!