• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Gossip Girl just got me hooked on MGMT's Electric Feel and Time To Pretend. I think I'm going to have to check out this band further, I'm loving Electric Feel so much. Seeing as it's by the same guy that made the O.C, it's not suprising it has so great music on it.

--

Getting into Gabriella Cilmi lately. I love Don't Wanna Go To Bed Now and Sweet About Me.

--

Does anyone have Sam Sparro's album? I'm going to give it a full listen to soon, but so far so good. 21st Century Life is a great track.

--

Borrowed HelloGoodbye off a mate, and so far think it's alright. Much, much better than expected for sure. Some good Powerpop tracks in there.

Gossip Girl just got me hooked on MGMT's Electric Feel and Time To Pretend. I think I'm going to have to check out this band further, I'm loving Electric Feel so much. Seeing as it's by the same guy that made the O.C, it's not suprising it has so great music on it.

--

Getting into Gabriella Cilmi lately. I love Don't Wanna Go To Bed Now and Sweet About Me.

--

Does anyone have Sam Sparro's album? I'm going to give it a full listen to soon, but so far so good. 21st Century Life is a great track.

--

Borrowed HelloGoodbye off a mate, and so far think it's alright. Much, much better than expected for sure. Some good Powerpop tracks in there.

Why are you 6 months behind on everything? :heh: Especially since that's all chart-y music...

I borrowed Sam Sparro off Chair, can't be bothered listening to it. Hated Black & Gold anyway. And MGMT felt a bit overhyped...or maybe I just find them hard to listen to (save Time To Pretend).

Heard Sweet About Me a few times, decent. But I got bored of Amy Winehouse-a-likes (and the original herself) a long time ago.

-------------------

Sometimes I listen to this song and I think a little bit inside of me awakens, and asks the rest of me, "What's going to happen?" "Where will I be?" "Will I miss where I am now?".

One of the most stunning songs ever.

Question time!

When at a club, would you rather listen to typical club dance cheese or the musical genre you like? Just wondering. I'd never listen to club cheese at home but at theclub itself it's fantastic. Thoughts?

Not the "genre I like", because I pretty much like all genres, but I'd like it if I could listen to good music. Which explains why I rarely go to clubs.

So, the Gorillaz are making another album.

http://gorillaz-news.livejournal.com/237073.html

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/gorillaz_work_on_new_album.html

Oh. Fuck. YES!!! I can't bloody wait! ^^

oh, awesome.

Question time!

When at a club, would you rather listen to typical club dance cheese or the musical genre you like? Just wondering. I'd never listen to club cheese at home but at theclub itself it's fantastic. Thoughts?

well seeing as I'm in to good dance music, I'd much rather hear that.

Question time!

Well typically, I'll dance to anything if pissed, and often it's best done to floor-fillas and the like with a group of mates. I find that most alternative/rock clubs try to cater for too wide an audience, and thus you'll only hear the chart-friendly songs released by your favourite bands. Thus all the bopping scenesters. Which pisses me off.

Womanizer - Britney Spears

She's back! I like the track and it should do rather well in the clubs/radio. Thoughts?

Sounds like that one off the last album.

*looks for which one specifically*

"Ooh Ooh Baby".

Pretty bad. Considering, within the generi-dance/pop genre, Rihanna is making better stuff.

Sounds like that one off the last album.

*looks for which one specifically*

"Ooh Ooh Baby".

Pretty bad. Considering, within the generi-dance/pop genre, Rihanna is making better stuff.

That was one of my favourite tracks, and I thought the exact same thing when I heard it but in my mind that's not a bad thing. It's just nice to not have her voice so totally computerised like in basically every song in Blackout. (Yes, I realise it still sounds a little like that, but much less so).

I wish she'd of released "Mannequin" as the first single, the low quality minute or so of that song that leaked sounded fantastic. But still, I'm just looking forward to her performace on the X-Factor in decemeber, should be great.

Plus Rihanna making better stuff? Please, she's the bane of my life. She has a single out basically every bluddy week. Take A Bow? I'd rather not.