N-Europe

Agreed. What are your favourite songs from it Platty? :)

Thanks to Paj for Introducing Haggis to Katy Perry as he introduced me her to last night (didn't know it had been posted here.) and told me you had reccomended her to him! :D

I love the song "I kissed a girl" and have been listening to it almost all day. :grin:

Need to get the rest of the album.

Hehe, I thought you might also love it. I'll send you the rest on msn when I'm on later as promised. :)

I've been singing the song all day, it's been annoying everyone around me.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

You know what that Ting Tings album is pretty good.

Nice simple catchy music. Love it. Great to dance to aswell. :)

I got it the other day and apart from great Dj, Thats not my name and shut up and let me go the album is very poor :(

Hehe, I thought you might also love it. I'll send you the rest on msn when I'm on later as promised. :)

I've been singing the song all day, it's been annoying everyone around me.

Haha! :grin:

I showed some people who I was listening to and they were like Who the hell???

I got it the other day and apart from great Dj, Thats not my name and shut up and let me go the album is very poor :(

Those are the best songs on it! :D Along with Fruit Machine I think.

It's a shame not many people like them....

I found them catchy myself but I have listened to them more than 500 times @________@

I'm in the "dissapointed" camp in terms of The Ting Tings.

Great DJ, That's Not My Name, Shut Up And Let Me Go and Keep Your Head are the only real quality ones, IMO. Or at least ones that didn't just dissapear from my head the second they finished.

Oh, and Coolness, glad to hear you liked it too. :)

It strikes me how people have different tastes in music, I can appreciate the originality of Last Day of Magic, by The Kills and the video is cool. But i don't get any enjoyment from listening to it, it just sounds dreary to me! lol

Its weird how people have different tastes in music, I can appreciate the originality of Last Day of Magic, by The Kills and the video is cool. But i don't get any enjoyment from listening to it, it just sounds dreary to me! lol

I thought Midnight Boom was pretty average after the first listening, but I've just grown to love it.

I thought Tape Song, which is now one of my favourites from Midnight Boom, was shite when I first heard it. Now I absolutely love it, and sing along to it on full volume.

Most of the things I love on first hearing I get bored of very quickly. For example, I loved TNMN by the Ting Tings when I first heard it ages ago, but I was sick of it before it even charted.

PJ Harvey (whom The Kills argueably sound similar to) was a mega-grower on me aswell. I found her really dull and depressing when I first listened; now Rid Of Me and Dry are two of my favourite albums ever.

But yeah, everyone has different tastes.

It strikes me how people have different tastes in music, I can appreciate the originality of Last Day of Magic, by The Kills and the video is cool. But i don't get any enjoyment from listening to it, it just sounds dreary to me! lol

Usually, the more subdued the music, the more powerful it is, emotionally, at least.

Emphasis on the usually.

LDOM isn't really subdued though, just not totally in your face.

----

Currently Listening;

Hands Around My Throat - Death In Vegas

I need more DIV stuff.

Tape Song, Cheap and Cheerful and Alphabet Pony are my faves from Midnight Boom, although I do like them all.

I wouldn't say they sound a lot like PJ Harvey but are definitly in the same calibre. Sheeela-na-giiiigg.

Wow. I'm loving The Delay's new album. There previous albums have been nice little albums I seldom listened to other than the odd song or two but 'Everything's The Rush' is a great album. Kicks off right at the start and doesn't slow down :)

I saw Tegan and Sarah on a music channel today first time I'd seen them on TV. :D

Unfortunately it was changed over immediately... :(

I've mainly been listening to Katy Perry and Duffy today.

Katy's songs are catchy and Duffy's songs are good but they are all slow. (except mercy) needs a bit more range. :)

I saw Tegan and Sarah on a music channel today first time I'd seen them on TV. :D

Unfortunately it was changed over immediately... :(

I've mainly been listening to Katy Perry and Duffy today.

Katy's songs are catchy and Duffy's songs are good but they are all slow. (except mercy) needs a bit more range. :)

Katy Perry has awful songs to me.

Fair enough. :)

I've been listening to it all evening. (all most in synchronisation with Haggis :heh:)

I really love Self Infliction, Hot n Cold, I kissed a girl and Ur so gay. :D

I love the album!

I love "I Kissed a Girl", "Waking Up In Vegas", "Hot N Cold", "If You Can Afford Me" especially. Such great tracks. It's nice to see that she's riding so high in the charts in America too. I can see "I Kissed A Girl" being huge when it comes over here in summer.

I love the album!

I love "I Kissed a Girl", "Waking Up In Vegas", "Hot N Cold", "If You Can Afford Me" especially. Such great tracks. It's nice to see that she's riding so high in the charts in America too. I can see "I Kissed A Girl" being huge when it comes over here in summer.

I wish the Americans had the balls to have the IKAG video featuring girl on girl action though. I hate conservatisim, especially when it's pointless.

I've been listening to some Ash. I haven't got Twilight of the Innocents, and I'm ashamed I haven't got it yet, so I've been youtubing some videos and songs from the album...and it's fucking excellent.

Polaris is the best song they've done in a long time. The hairs on the back of my neck stand up, and it reminds me of when I listened to other amazing songs for the first time. This is the same as how Oh Yeah was for me, back then. Or, Shining Light.

I started a fire is excellent, too. Classic Ash.

I went to the last ever Ash gig in London....well apparently it was as they said they are just gonna release online songs from now on. BUT they have had a change of heart and carrying on giging!! woop.

Still not the same without charlotte tho :(

Girl from mars FTW.

I went to the last ever Ash gig in London....well apparently it was as they said they are just gonna release online songs from now on. BUT they have had a change of heart and carrying on giging!! woop.

Still not the same without charlotte tho :(

Girl from mars FTW.

Arguably, their best album (1977) took place without her, and their new one seems to hit all the right notes, so I think they'll be fine.

Still, she was a babe. My future wife.